Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is blonde hair and blue eyes still viewed as the most attractive in American society today?
Yes, more attractive than any other type of hair and eye color combination 24 22.64%
Viewed as most attractive but that is slowly changing 8 7.55%
Not viewed as the MOST attractive but it is viewed as attractive 64 60.38%
It is not really viewed as attractive anymore 10 9.43%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 11:12 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,087,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't like most blue eyes because they feel cold to me.
Haha I've thought the same thing, but they can be warm too. Depends more on the person behind them.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:25 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,146,668 times
A lot of adults have naturally blond hair. It's just that dirty blond no one wants. People will call this light brown, but it's not (just ask any cosmetologist who knows their stuff). Especially when compared to real brunettes, it's clearly blond. Here's an example (just a random photo of a random person). Another example. And finally, a famous example.

I actually like blond men, but I find my taste is not that common among women. I always thought women generally (or maybe stereotypically) liked "darker" men.

When I was very little, I remember noting that none of the models used in eye makeup ads had brown eyes. They'd use the brown-eyed ones for lipstick & other stuff, but not eye makeup. It definitely sent a message to me, as did the blue-eyed girls at school going on about how they were so happy they didn't have "boring brown eyes". I think Cindy Crawford was one of the models with brown-eyes to show up frequently in eye makeup ads. The whole "Latin explosion" of the late 90s/early '00s really changed the game too. After that, brown eyes were everywhere & celebrated a bit more.

While I think blond hair is less coveted now, light eyes still seem to be the preference of many. The dark hair, tanned skin & light eyed look is very popular. I'd venture to say that has become the ideal. All those Brazilian VS models might be to blame :P.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:29 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
It definitely sent a message to me, as did the blue-eyed girls at school going on about how they were so happy they didn't have "boring brown eyes". I think Cindy Crawford was one of the models with brown-eyes to show up frequently in eye makeup ads. The whole "Latin explosion" of the late 90s/early '00s really changed the game too. After that, brown eyes were everywhere & celebrated a bit more.
Was so happy when this song came out. I thought it was for me!

Mint Condition - Breakin' My Heart (Pretty Brown Eyes) - YouTube

(man 90s style was so bad!)

Old 03-12-2012, 11:32 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,146,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Was so happy when this song came out. I thought it was for me!

(man 90s style was so bad!)
Ha! I've never heard that song before. There are actually a lot of songs about brown eyes, possibly more famous than those about blue eyes.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:45 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
Ha! I've never heard that song before. There are actually a lot of songs about brown eyes, possibly more famous than those about blue eyes.
I guess I don't know any blue eyed songs. There is always the old standby, brown-eyed girl. (Not really my fave)

Old 03-13-2012, 12:04 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,585,319 times
There are some blonde haired blue eyed women I find attractive, BUT...I prefer a more exotic look in a woman, olive skin and medium brown hair, like Sofia Vergara...

Old 03-13-2012, 12:36 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Mexican TV portrays only people of Spanish descend, which is about 10% of the population and they live mainly in Mexico City and other big cities. In the neighboring state of Sonora where I go often you can hardly see anybody looking like that. They're mainly mestizos, with a distinct Indian (like Native American) look. For all I know, there are no Black people in Mexico.

I don't know about other countries as I haven't watched their TV.
There were African slaves imported into Mexico as well. There is a population of Afro Mexicans mainly in Veracruz

Afro-Mexican - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
I met one in college! Totally Mexican! She was from Vera Cruz. I thought she was from Panama or something until I talked to her. Family lived in Mexico for generations. They are really the invisible Mexicans.

Afro-Mexican - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Just realized that you posted the same thing earlier!!

Old 03-13-2012, 04:23 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,087,446 times
Quote:
A lot of adults have naturally blond hair. It's just that dirty blond no one wants. People will call this light brown, but it's not (just ask any cosmetologist who knows their stuff). Especially when compared to real brunettes, it's clearly blond. Here's an example (just a random photo of a random person). Another example. And finally, a famous example.

I actually like blond men, but I find my taste is not that common among women. I always thought women generally (or maybe stereotypically) liked "darker" men.

When I was very little, I remember noting that none of the models used in eye makeup ads had brown eyes. They'd use the brown-eyed ones for lipstick & other stuff, but not eye makeup. It definitely sent a message to me, as did the blue-eyed girls at school going on about how they were so happy they didn't have "boring brown eyes". I think Cindy Crawford was one of the models with brown-eyes to show up frequently in eye makeup ads. The whole "Latin explosion" of the late 90s/early '00s really changed the game too. After that, brown eyes were everywhere & celebrated a bit more.

While I think blond hair is less coveted now, light eyes still seem to be the preference of many. The dark hair, tanned skin & light eyed look is very popular. I'd venture to say that has become the ideal. All those Brazilian VS models might be to blame :P.
Those are brunettes in anyone's language. It's a subjective thing, anyway. No one views those ladies as 'blonde' so it's meaningless if someone decides they're actually blonde.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:15 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
I guess I don't know any blue eyed songs. There is always the old standby, brown-eyed girl. (Not really my fave)
Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain, Blue Spanish Eyes, Don't it Make my Brown Eyes Blue.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:21 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Beauty comes in all different shapes, sizes, colors, etc. To say that a certain hair and eye color signifies beauty makes no sense to me at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships