Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is blonde hair and blue eyes still viewed as the most attractive in American society today?
Yes, more attractive than any other type of hair and eye color combination 24 22.64%
Viewed as most attractive but that is slowly changing 8 7.55%
Not viewed as the MOST attractive but it is viewed as attractive 64 60.38%
It is not really viewed as attractive anymore 10 9.43%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 06:52 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times

Advertisements

Blonde hair and blue eyes will soon be a minority group in the USA.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:23 AM

31,061 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Uh, they always have been unlless you grew up in a small town or perhaps the midwest

Old 03-20-2012, 09:53 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Uh, they always have been unlless you grew up in a small town or perhaps the midwest
Oh ok. What is the majority now?

Old 03-20-2012, 10:18 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,825 times
guess I'm not beautiful. I'm black with black hair and brown eyes

Old 03-21-2012, 09:17 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
I'm late to this discussion, but doesn't it seem a bit disingenuous to say you want to talk about the relative or actual beauty of blond(e) hair and blue eyes but DON'T want to include race in the discussion? They're kind of linked together, ya know?

Old 03-21-2012, 12:19 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,829 times
Pick up a women's magazine from the 70s. Most of the models for the cosmetics ads were blonde haired and blue eyed. I'm Caucasian with brown eyes, so this gave me a complex, making me wonder why brown eyes weren't considered attractive by the masses. I think that all changed thanks to the likes of Cindy Crawford - yay! Like before, if you were white, your eyes better be blue or at least green.
Also, the demographics have changed considerably since the 70s due largely to immigration from Latin America and Asia. Also more black models in mainstream magazines instead of just Jet or Ebony like back then.

Also, I was in kindergarten in the 70s, and my teacher considered the blue-eyed kids (majority) to be cute, and she wasn't as nice to the few of us with brown eyes.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:18 AM

52 posts, read 62,898 times
First off blonde hair, brown eyes is the best combo on women.

Blonde hair, blue eyes only looks great on women and children.

Sorry to say but grown men rarely pull off the combo.

Best look on men has always been black hair, dark, and tall.

If you look at most of the ads in the fifties sixties and seventies, the man usually has that so black it's blue hair color with blue eyes, while the women and kids have blonde hair and blue eyes.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:30 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I'm late to this discussion, but doesn't it seem a bit disingenuous to say you want to talk about the relative or actual beauty of blond(e) hair and blue eyes but DON'T want to include race in the discussion? They're kind of linked together, ya know?
Not really linked. Look at Beyonce, JLo, Rhianna, Shakira. Blond comes in a bottle -- always has but now all races aren't opposed to bleaching their hair.

Add in blue contact lenses and anyone can be blonde and blue eyed.

The real answer would be to check sales of blonde hair bleach with black hair dye and blue contact with brown contacts.

I don't think it means all that much really - I know when some doll came out that could have rainbow colored hair, it was popular, just like you saw people with flame red and purple and blue hair.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:41 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
I disagree. I live right on the border and you see far more blond hairs now than in the past. Even on men. The peroxide sales are booming.

How many celebrity blondes today don't come out of a bottle? Madonna, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Lopez, Shakira, Rhianna, Beyonce and on and on.

In fact, the more that real blond and blue eyes becomes a rarity, the likelihood that hair bleach sales will rise. A lot of redhead and auburn hair you see isn't real either. The blond hair with brown eyes isn't all that natural a combination.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:06 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahman21 View Post
I do, having Black hair, brown eyes, and olive skin will stop me from being viewed as an attractive guy.

Now I always thought "tall dark and handsome" applied but I guess it doesn't here in the USA (at least not in the bible belt). What has been your experience?
Two words: Oded Fehr (SMOKING HOTTIE!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
This is very true, I've noticed this too... the evil character is almost always dark haired... although not sure this reflects what people generally think... I get positive comments on the colour of my hair all the time (whether it is natural etc)...
Eh, Draco Malfoy and his dad Lucius Malfoy come to mind as blond evil boys. Then there was Voldy-shorts who was noseless and bald!

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
One big reason I think is that most natural blonds tend to darken when they reach age 20...
I know hubby did. He still has blue eyes, but his hair is darker now (well the hair that hasn't gone grey!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
In WA...? How? You need Sun to glisten!
Not if you are one of those silly Stephanie Myers vampires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Round face, round or almond eyes works for me. Kim K's face is a little long for my likes but she does have great eyes
She is really pretty till she opens her mouth. And I have seen her sex tape, blegh. I imagine a corpse would be about the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The real answer would be to check sales of blonde hair bleach with black hair dye and blue contact with brown contacts.
That wouldn't always count though. There are a TON of people that lighten part of their hair to dye it red or blue or pink or any other "primary" color that you can't see with their dark hair. Not to mention those people that lighten their hair to dye it red.

I prefer brunettes to blondes.

I always hear "Blondes have more fun"; well that might be the case, but lemmie tell ya brunettes do it better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships