Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 12:06 PM

748 posts, read 1,315,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
To the women receiving numerous marriage proposals:
Does it make your head swell?
Be truthful.
Not really, in my case it was creepy... the last 2 times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 12:09 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,502,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valeeighty2 View Post
I've being proposed to 3 times... since I started dating one guy even suggested my dad come live with us, he did not care, he just wanted me strange...
^^^Si yo fuese un hombre joven me gustaria pedirle quese casara conmigo cada dia hasta que dijo que si! Nada podria ser mas sexy de una chica Boliviana caliente Virginia con un acento?????^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 03-13-2012, 12:19 PM

348 posts, read 550,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
Meanwhile other women cannot get a man to commit to exclusivity, not to mention marriage?

What is it about certain women that make men so quick to "wife them down", meanwhile other women are plagued by players and commitment phobes.

I've wondered about this phenomenon off and on, and seeing this story today made me wonder (yeah I know it has some Jerry Springer ish, but still 5 times!!!)..

The unluckiest bride in Britain: Woman who had walked down aisle with FOUR HUSBANDS by the age of 24 takes a chance on her fifth | Mail Online

Is it their character, personality, looks?
Is it neediness? But then isn't neediness supposed to be a turn off to men?

What are your thoughts?

Some women are 'plagued' by players and commitment phobes because they only date players and commitment phobes.

I always thought it was funny when my ex-gf's friends complained about guys, but they were the biggest flakes themselves, and tended to date guys only based on what they gave them, whether it was emotionally, financially, etc.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:19 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,368,771 times
Sometimes it's putting the info out there in the very, very beginning about what you want and expect. I will not date for casual reasons, and I make sure the men interested in me understand that it will either lead to marriage or we will not date.
Also, I cook, give amazing massages and show a genuine interest in the lives of the men I have loved.
A real person verses a shallow or narcissistic one will get the proposals.
And yes, I have had several.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:20 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,234,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVanNostren View Post
Some women are plagued by players and commitment phobes because they only date players and commitment phobes.
Make no mistake - many of those proposing ARE players and commitment phobes in disguise!

Old 03-13-2012, 12:26 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,391,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
Sometimes it's putting the info out there in the very, very beginning about what you want and expect. I will not date for casual reasons, and I make sure the men interested in me understand that it will either lead to marriage or we will not date.
Also, I cook, give amazing massages and show a genuine interest in the lives of the men I have loved.
A real person verses a shallow or narcissistic one will get the proposals.
And yes, I have had several.
I think some people can still be heavily influenced by somewhat shallow attributes in a person (e.g. looks, body, money, cooking skills, educational level) - enough so to even propose marriage.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:33 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,368,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
It's always women who accept men for who they are and not try to change or modify them into what they think he should be or what they want. If he can be himself without "playing along" it sure makes things easier for the man. If I feel the need to say s***...I want to be able to. If I smack my fingers in between the ratchet and the frame rail, that wrench is in danger of getting tossed into the yard or other side of the garage if blood squirts or "at first blood". Don't make me feel like an animal for being a man.

Yep, exactly right. Men are definitely happier when allowed to be who they are. Sexier, too.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:39 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,391,661 times
There is one particular skill I have that every man I've dated has been crazy about....

NO, NOT THAT!

I truly enjoy fishing and I'm good at it. It's surprising how many men seem to love that trait in a woman. My hubby told me he fell in love with me when he first took me fishing.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:06 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,021,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
But he attempted to do it, didn't he...?
Actually, no.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:52 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,288,291 times
Men are told to never ever make a woman waste her time, lead her on, to suddenly call it quits once the relationship has matured. I agree, no man should do that to a woman but I see it as wrong to go the other way around. There are things in life we all know will happen ahead of time like going back to school, moving to another country, etc. Why wait until the last day to hurt your partner’s feelings telling them it’s over and reject their desire to take the relationship to the next step (marriage)? Like I shared in another thread that I started, I made this terrible mistake and regret hurting her feelings that way and told myself not to do that again. I don’t know how I would feel if I kept doing this multiple times to different women. I wouldn’t be bragging about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships