Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 06:52 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,383,442 times

Advertisements

I've also wondered this many times; why some women seem to have their pick of men and others do not.

I know I was single for over 3 years a few years back and every single guy I met was commitment-phobic and only wanted to keep things very casual. But then other friends always had a man wanting more.

The only characteristic I could find in these women was confidence and valuing themselves over the men which I think made them more desirable. Other than that, I have no idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 07:05 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Maybe she is a (full of empty promises) husband collector?
or maybe she is a good "politician" - she knows how to BS...
I dunno....I was proposed to at least five times and I was quite reserved and introverted at the time. Most of the men only knew me on an acquaintance basis--like while I waitressed at my dad's restaurant and the rest in my mid thirties, at least two in my 40s during my nursing years. I think they thought my job--waiting on them--was a personality trait.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:20 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
Sometimes it has more to do with the type of men some women choose. Some women are notorious for yearning for guys who are bad for them, bad to them, or downright unavailable in some way.

Other times women are concentrating on something besides finding a husband.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:22 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
Try not wanting to get engaged (married). Men can smell desperate (hurried) from miles away.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:25 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Try not wanting to get engaged (married). Men can smell desperate (hurried) from miles away.
[strike-through on 'Men'] People--men and women--can smell desperate....

Old 03-13-2012, 10:02 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Maybe it makes some women feel good about being proposed many times, maybe something to brag about, who knows. I would think that for a man to propose it would take a long time and thinking to do it. If the couple has gone that far to have a guy kneeling down to beg a woman for marriage and save thousands of dollars for her ring, what made her kick him to the curve? It would make more sense for men to get rejected if they proposed a few weeks later after they started dating.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:05 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I would think that for a man to propose it would take a long time and thinking to do it.
You WOULD think, but that's not the case many times.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:07 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You WOULD think, but that's not the case many times.
I guess so. Some guys may propose too soon and simply be a turnoff to any woman.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:08 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I've also wondered this many times; why some women seem to have their pick of men and others do not.

I know I was single for over 3 years a few years back and every single guy I met was commitment-phobic and only wanted to keep things very casual. But then other friends always had a man wanting more.

The only characteristic I could find in these women was confidence and valuing themselves over the men which I think made them more desirable. Other than that, I have no idea.
I think you're on to something...

Old 03-13-2012, 10:18 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Maybe it makes some women feel good about being proposed many times, maybe something to brag about, who knows. I would think that for a man to propose it would take a long time and thinking to do it. If the couple has gone that far to have a guy kneeling down to beg a woman for marriage and save thousands of dollars for her ring, what made her kick him to the curve? It would make more sense for men to get rejected if they proposed a few weeks later after they started dating.
I don't think it's anything to brag about. It's also not something to put someone down for either. It just is what it is. And not all relationships are matches made in heaven. Sometimes you realize that it isn't going to work after a few dates. Sometimes you realize it after you are engaged. And sometimes you realize it after you get married. And as for a man begging a woman to marry him - methinks you don't understand what a marriage proposal is like. As for a woman kicking a man to the curb - sometimes that's what a man deserves. Sometimes it's not. All relationships are different. You can't always blame women for everything - life is not that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships