Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 01:38 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,274,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbler. View Post
Not always or not even necessarily much of the time, but it's a good conversation stopper to say "you're just obsessed with (blah), because of (blah)" to shut people up. For example, if I complain about dogs, say that I dislike them and their fur and wet noses, rant about neighbours' dogs barking at night etc., and talk about my phobia of dogs (not a real example but hypothetical) does that mean I secretly love dogs and my doggy complaints are a secret defense mechanism against my own puppy love I am in denial about and dare not speak? Do people who say they don't want children and who complain about others' children secretly want children themselves?
Disliking dogs and not wanting children do not tap into the conflict between puritanical sexual mores and human sexuality, so I don't think you can draw a parallel here. You're comparing apples to oranges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 02:01 PM

748 posts, read 1,314,810 times
There is a difference between PDA and PDA!! lol...

Holding hands, kissing every once in a while in public, his arm around her, her arm through his, that is what I consider PDA.

Now... at my pt job, I've had to "shoo" people out, and/or request a bucket of cold water, loud enough for the couple to break apart... my goodness, I'm no prude, and in no way shape or form am I shy. But there are PDA!! that just are not appropriate behaviour. Specially when there are children around, and specially if this people are clearly old enough to know better...

I don't want to see a couple in public, groping and doing their best to eat each other faces off... not until after hours so I can get comfortable and enjoy the show

Old 03-16-2012, 02:16 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I know it's nice to see people who are in love, but what do you think of people who just can't seem to keep their hands off each other? They're constantly holding hands, having their hand over their shoulders, making out, brushing each other's hair, kissing each other or whispering 'I love you'. Even in church sometimes I'd see that. I'm no prude, but do you not think that kind of behaviour is a bit inappropriate for a church service?

I'm not opposed to PDA's, but to those who do it constantly, get a room. I'm not jealous or anything, I'm not the type to constantly have to affirm how much I love somebody.

Call me a grumpy old (at heart) man, but what do you think of folks like this? Are you one yourself?
Guilty.

Get over it

Old 03-17-2012, 04:43 PM

1,741 posts, read 5,399,834 times
I agree 1000%. You need to show some self control in public no matter how hot you think your SO is. I don't mind hand holding or an occasional peck hello/good-bye, but constant groping is just in bad taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I know it's nice to see people who are in love, but what do you think of people who just can't seem to keep their hands off each other? They're constantly holding hands, having their hand over their shoulders, making out, brushing each other's hair, kissing each other or whispering 'I love you'. Even in church sometimes I'd see that. I'm no prude, but do you not think that kind of behaviour is a bit inappropriate for a church service?

I'm not opposed to PDA's, but to those who do it constantly, get a room. I'm not jealous or anything, I'm not the type to constantly have to affirm how much I love somebody.

Call me a grumpy old (at heart) man, but what do you think of folks like this? Are you one yourself?

Old 03-17-2012, 05:09 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,375,580 times
If I am near him, I want to touch him. As we fell asleep last night, his hand rested on my leg..... A peck in public, but not more than that.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:55 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,380,609 times
I am that way. And it makes me happy. My BF however works where I do, so it is hands off at work, but out to dinner...you bet. We are in love, and happy. And I really love grossing out grumpy old men like you.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:57 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times
While I'm not into groping somone in public kissing holding hands, etc is just fine. I'm jealous.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:12 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
I still think the same way. Lol

Old 02-20-2013, 11:19 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,028,983 times
I think they either don't have small children at home, are still in their honeymoon stage, are clingy or feel they have something to prove. This is just my personal opinion, though.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:19 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,182,943 times
A woman has a conversation with her doctor. "Doctor, my husband has lost his sex drive. What do I do?"

The doctor thinks for a moment. "I've been working on this formulation. It's very experimental, but let's try it. Take a fourth of a teaspoon and put it in his coffee and see what happens."

The woman leaves. A week later she's back.

"So, what happened?" the doctor asked.

"Well, I couldn't remember what you told me, whether it was a fourth of a teaspoon or four. So I put in four teaspoons."

"Good God! What happened?"

"Well, we were having breakfast. He took one sip of his coffee. His face turned red, his eyes bulged out. He stood up, tore open his shirt, swept the food off the table, picked me up, tore off my clothes and we made hot, passionate love right there on the table for the next hour."

"Well, wonderful. So why do you look so sad?"

"We can never go back to that Waffle House again."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships