Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 11:29 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead360 View Post
Just a question, I recently talked to an old crush of mine are Facebook, I don't have any feelings for her, but she is 20 years old and has a child. Her boyfriend hasn't been heard from since they had an argument. I thought it would be interesting to ask, would you date someone you were interested in even if they have a child? What would you do? Would you treat them any differently?
No. And especially not a 20 year-old with a kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 11:51 PM

1,006 posts, read 735,827 times
Nope, I'd like to be able to give ALL my attention to my wife; not her and her kid. That's why I got snipped. Now I just need to find a pretty, secular/freethinking young (or older) woman who's cool with being childless.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:39 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Don't Moms tell their daughters "it's just as easy to fall in love with a rich man than a poor one?"

Yes, the bold item shown above is correct. For others, the issue is "not much in common" any more.
Mine never did. I think she said something along the lines of we cant help who we fall in love with.

But really every parent wants to see their child happy. Would you not advise them to try to choose a partner well. I told my sons and all the young guys to stay away from crazy byotches.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:20 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,838,427 times
No. Unless the kids are in foster homes.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:14 PM

896 posts, read 1,476,928 times
Women. Learn something here !!!!

Will a guy with no kids date you if you have kids? Hell yes, if you are hot enough. And he is desparate enough. He will boink you all day long and twice on Sundays. Marry you? Not likely.

9 times out of 10 a single mom is dating wayyyy below her league when she settles for a younger guy with no kids. Then one day she wakes up, realizes he isn't gonna marry her, and that she has been boinking fugly for nothing.

Grow some ovaries and hold out for a quality single Dad. Chances are he might actually want and accept you and your kids.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:19 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Will a guy with no kids date you if you have kids? Hell yes, if you are hot enough. And he is desparate enough. He will boink you all day long and twice on Sundays. Marry you? Not likely.
Eh, it depends... It depends on:

- how hot she is
- how desperate he is

There are plenty of examples of this happening when the values of both variables are high.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:21 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Women. Learn something here !!!!

9 times out of 10 a single mom is dating wayyyy below her league when she settles for a younger guy with no kids. Then one day she wakes up, realizes he isn't gonna marry her, and that she has been boinking fugly for nothing.

Grow some ovaries and hold out for a quality single Dad. Chances are he might actually want and accept you and your kids.
I think your theory has already been debunked here.

signed
single mother of 2 who married younger professional childless man

Old 03-30-2012, 12:48 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,811,314 times
Ugh no but that might make me child-ist.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:04 PM

773 posts, read 1,260,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
Nope, I'd like to be able to give ALL my attention to my wife; not her and her kid. That's why I got snipped. Now I just need to find a pretty, secular/freethinking young (or older) woman who's cool with being childless.
We do exist.

But hey, just to say that we do doesn't mean that we're all sane, logical, self-sufficient, etc. There are just as many nuts and flakes in the CF community as there are in the pool of daters who want to have kids one day (or who are single with kids).

Not great news, eh?

My advice to you would be to look past a woman's CF status. See the whole package. Look at her values and how well she's willing to treat you. A woman being childfree is not enough to base a relationship or marriage on.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernaut112 View Post
We do exist.

But hey, just to say that we do doesn't mean that we're all sane, logical, self-sufficient, etc.
I contribute to the self-sufficient, somewhat logical, and reasonably sane pool!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships