Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 01:29 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Why would you say something like this? One thing to not want kids but.... I don't think single mothers ask for a 'pity party' they can't help it if some man they entrusted picks up and leaves them high and dry (which I remind you, is how most women end up single mothers in the first place).

I had one and she did her damnedest to raise me and I would like to see men do HALF of what she did and still come out on top. That is why they run, b/c they know that they couldn't do it if it was left all on them.

P.S. I would avoid calling some woman's child a 'bastard,' as well. Very classy.
My dear single mother's put themselves in that position, if they didn't want to join that bracket they would be responsible and use protection. There are well over 7 forms of contraception methods for women compared only 2 methods for men (which at that aren't really sure fire to begin with).

That's good that you had a responsible parent who took care of you but that's not the case altogether. It takes two, and if one partner (male or female) decides to get up and go, you know what? tough luck. Be a little more discerning when choosing a partner.

Most men don't run, it's the other way around along with having the legal system emasculate them but that's another discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 01:31 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,735,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
My dear single mother's put themselves in that position, if they didn't want to join that bracket they would be responsible and use protection. There are well over 7 forms of contraception methods for women compared only 2 methods for men (which at that aren't really sure fire to begin with).

That's good that you had a responsible parent who took care of you but that's not the case altogether. It takes two, and if one partner (male or female) decides to get up and go, you know what? tough luck. Be a little more discerning when choosing a partner.

Most men don't run, it's the other way around along with having the legal system emasculate them but that's another discussion.
Another man trying to make a case for how women are solely responsible for pregnancy and babies. Which again astounds me why ANY woman would want to get pregnant by any man -- seeing as they leave it all on her. No way would I put myself in that position, b/c of how you all think.

Most men don't run? There's a national database set up begging them to pay child support for their own children that says otherwise....

edit: Thanks for leaving this rep comment. Indeed it is quite "classy" to recognized a bastard, it'll save you a myriad of time in dealing with not so conducive problems. - wordlife

I don't considers myself a bastard and that about sums up our interaction on this website. Enjoy ignore land.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:32 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
No one want's to deal with a bastard, whether they're small or a teenager. There's too much a pity party for single moms. Single mother's should be shamed, and aggressively at that.

Now that i'm approaching my 30's I have to deal with lots of aggressive, loud (large & in charge) single mothers. It's amusing because it's like watching them try to buy a lotto ticket without any awareness that they're on the losing end.

I think it's good to see people get second chances, but not in this case. I won't contribute to this epidemic.
Story here, and one to be indignant about. Upon finishing grad school, I shortly hung around this group of dweeby people (some were nice) for whom I lost interest.

This one girl, mid 20s, had a "moving party" on a Saturday, treating us to pizza and whatnot, while people were helping her load up at her parents and unload at her new apartment. Hanging around was her sister, about her age, with a 2-year old in her arms. Turns out some reservist knocked her up and took off. This chick looked rough and unkempt. At one point, she was standing next to me, and her 2-year old crawled into my arms. That's what kids who have no father figure do. I laughed at it and patted its head, and put it down.

About a week later, I'm having lunch with the girl who moved. She told me "my mother was asking about you." I shook my head "why?" She said "she was trying to figure out how to get you and my sister together, but I told her it probably wouldn't be such a good idea." I hadn't even seen her sister or her mother in my life. At the time, I had just started working downtown and was going to the gym 6 days a week, and I was floored. If her mom pushed this again, she was going to get an earful from me. Some people are so effin' presumptuous.

This is exactly the kind of event that turns single men away from single moms. I have others.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:36 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Story here, and one to be indignant about. Upon finishing grad school, I shortly hung around this group of dweeby people (some were nice) for whom I lost interest.

This one girl, mid 20s, had a "moving party" on a Saturday, treating us to pizza and whatnot, while helping her load up at her parents and unload at her new apartment. Hanging around was her sister, about her age, with a 2-year old in her arms. Turns out some reservist knocked her up and took off. This chick looked rough and unkempt. At one point, she was standing next to time, and her 2-year old crawled into my arms. That's what kids who have no father figure do. I laughed at it and patted its head, and put it down.

About a week later, I'm having lunch with the girl who moved. She told me "my mother was asking about you." I shook my head "why?" She said "she was trying to figure out how to get you and my sister together, but I told her it probably wouldn't be such a good idea." I hadn't even seen her sister or her mother in my life. At the time, I had just started working downtown and was going to the gym 6 days a week, and I was floored. If her mom pushed this again, she was going to get an earful from me. Some people are so effin' presumptuous.

This is exactly the kind of event that turns single men away from single moms. I have others.
So the mom wanted to hook you up with her daughter because you pat the kid on the head and laughed? That is really, REALLY wacko!

She didn't know you I presume? LMAO...I'm sorry I just find that so utterly stupid. Not that there is anything wrong with you, but shoot..they don't know you from Adam.

Kind of sad when the only attribute she was interested in was your ability to be nice to a 2yr old.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:57 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
So the mom wanted to hook you up with her daughter because you pat the kid on the head and laughed? That is really, REALLY wacko!

She didn't know you I presume? LMAO...I'm sorry I just find that so utterly stupid. Not that there is anything wrong with you, but shoot..they don't know you from Adam.

Kind of sad when the only attribute she was interested in was your ability to be nice to a 2yr old.
Well, that's exactly it. They didn't know me at all. They just saw (1) a clean-cut guy helping her single daughter move, and (2) I was nice to this kid, who I would have rather didn't climb up onto me anyway. I really subscribe to "water seeks its own level." I don't want to fend off certain people, like the ones described in the story. At the same time, I know that there are, despite my schooling, people whose circles I could never enter and dates I couldn't get. I make a "quick study" and move accordingly. I only wish others did more of that.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:28 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,987 times
Not in my twenties. In my early twenties my priorities were school/education, being young, having fun while beginning the steps to become financially secure and build a career. Your young and mid twenties should include enjoying your friends, going on vacation, and career development. I think that's too young to alter your life by attempting to take on other's responsibilities.
Now if you were 35/40 then I would say you will encounter more blended family situations which is more common at that age. At 20, keep it moving. She's part of your past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships