Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 11:56 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Ive dated several men with children. Of course Ive got kids too so I never had any expectation that life was without obstacles or that I would be the only important person in anothers life. Its never been important to me to have so much freedom that I could just spontaniously take off for days without making any prior arrangements. I like kids and family. I really dont think its a matter of kids or not but finding someone you have intrests and values in common with.
Good point, that. If MrsCPG was hit by a bus today and I found myself plunged back into the dating world, then I'd be okay with it. But I think guys in their 20s would really be a different kettle of fish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 12:13 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I dont think you can lump every single mom into just 1 category. They come in all shapes,sizes,attitudes and reasons for being in the situation they are in. I would rather date a single mom who has a good head on her shoulders than I would a hot, no kids gal that bounces checks and doesnt know the difference between Iran and Iraq. There are some intelligent, good looking single moms on CityData that I would date in a heartbeat if I were given the chance. HI RAENA!!!!!!!!!!!
Hahaha thanks Captain.

I do agree with Chessie wait until the child is older. I think 10, 11, 12 is good.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:17 PM

258 posts, read 160,206 times
I'm 42 and a childless widower, i think if i was to rule out women with children i may as well go looking for a nice cave with fresh running water to move into.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:17 PM

13,630 posts, read 10,038,405 times
Not unless it was mine.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:26 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,763,966 times
I would, personally (I am *only* interested in LTR-style relationships) -- but once my immediate / non-spousal family were to potentially find out about it though, they would figuratively kill me...

I was in the dog house for months, when I last tried to do that -- and *they* are financially-dependent on me, not the other way around!! Talk about patronizing family behavior...

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 03-28-2012 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: Edits

Old 03-28-2012, 12:33 PM

28,903 posts, read 30,284,252 times
someone made a comment that they would question the decission ability of someone who chose to have a baby with a man who took off after the first argument....
Well, as a women, who made some very bad decissions when I was very
young, quite frankly, we mature, maybe not as quickly as you did, but for some of us, life wasn't easy, and we didn't make the best decissions, but that doesn't mean we're bad people or candidates for soul mates.
Some yes, others, no....

you can't lump sum....

Old 03-28-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
I would, personally (I am *only* interested in LTR-style relationships) -- but once my immediate / non-spousal family were to potentially find out about it though, they would figuratively kill me...

I was in the dog house for months, when I last tried to do that -- and *they* are financially-dependent on me, not the other way around!! Talk about patronizing family behavior...
You need to stand up to them. I have told off a few family members and do what is best for you.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:39 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
As I've stated before just as long as the parent hasn't let the child run wild & does what he/she pleases. I would have no problem with datings a women with a well behaved child. It's the women who has a posssesed child that ruins it for other women.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:46 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,783,122 times
At 35 and up almost all women have kids so get used to it. I would or these days don't have a choice really, the key is her being stable enough to take care of the child without depending on you.

It's harder because she doesn't have time like that to do things before she had the child. Also, it's usually very business oriented approach to dating most women with kids have, big turn off.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
As I've stated before just as long as the parent hasn't let the child run wild & does what he/she pleases. I would have no problem with datings a women with a well behaved child. It's the women who has a posssesed child that ruins it for other women.
Any parent with bad kids are annoying. Discipline takes work and many have guilt. I am old school a discipline child grows up to be well mannered adult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships