Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2012, 03:19 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,084,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Not talking about Six at all, I just wanted to say that sometimes face pictures can be very deceiving (FYI for online dating). Myspace-type pics aside, some people's faces just give no clue as to what the rest of the body looks like. I knew a girl in college whose face was skinny, with cheekbones and all. Her body was also pretty normal down to her waist. Now, her rear end was a completely different story... There are just disproportionate bodies and the face is no indicator of what the rest of the body looks like. Sometimes thin girls can have pudgy faces, too.
You are so right! That's what my issue is now...it really is the ass or the face...LOL

I either keep the face and the weight, or lose the weight and have a better body but a drawn and sunken looking face. My face isn't too far off from the body (I don't look like a pinhead) but when I lose weight it's in my face, arms and belly first. My thighs and butt never seem to shrink proportionately to the rest of me.

Quote:
Wine is evil... You'll see a difference if you try to drink less.
I know, I know *sigh*
I was actually pretty good this week...I only had 2 glasses the entire week. I'm not an alcoholic or anything but I do like my glass of wine when I cook (I didn't cook much this last week...LOL).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm about 5'8" or so maybe 5'9" on a good day. I wouldn't mind being a couple of inches taller, I rarely think about it, to be honest.
My favorite line....I'm not fat, I'm just too short for my weight

I'd like to be about 5'6" with those extra inches in the legs. It would make buying pants a little easier.

Old 04-01-2012, 03:44 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,880,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I think it's important to remember that ugly does not always come from the outside.
I agree and the other thing is no just being thin doesnt make you attractive, in fact you could be a 'butter face' Being thin is not the end all be all.

Old 04-01-2012, 03:55 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,202,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
My favorite line....I'm not fat, I'm just too short for my weight
I know! Now that it got warmer, I began wearing my "tallest" platforms and everybody started commenting about weight loss. Yeah, right... it's height gain!

It seems like it takes a month or two to lose a pound or two and then just eating once to get it all right back! I'm sooo tired of it! Not only can I not eat, but I severely limited my drinking, too! What is left...

Old 04-01-2012, 04:33 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,562,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I think it's important to remember that ugly does not always come from the outside.
Can't rep you.

Perhaps some people need to take a good hard look at themselves, and not just the exterior they see reflected in the mirror.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:35 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,950,949 times
Quote:
Wine is evil... You'll see a difference if you try to drink less.

Hahahah I was drinking a bottle of lambrusco 4-5 days a week and it didn't take long for me to look down and say holy crap time to run. I stopped drinking wine and lost the weight very fast.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:41 PM

15,867 posts, read 21,460,959 times
I dated through chemo despite having to shave my hair (and I refused to wear a wig), having a port be distracting in any "date tops", and gaining 60 pounds on an already overweight frame.

It's all about confidence. I have always been bigger, but I have managed to date more prolifically and more successful, attractive men than many of my slim friends who do not have self confidence. I know that I am witty, can hold an intelligent conversation, and have a lot to offer other than the size of my body. Sure, there are plenty of men who have no interest in me, but that doesn't bother me. It also doesn't seem to hurt my social schedule or love life.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:45 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,645,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I dated through chemo despite having to shave my hair (and I refused to wear a wig), having a port be distracting in any "date tops", and gaining 60 pounds on an already overweight frame.

It's all about confidence. I have always been bigger, but I have managed to date more prolifically and more successful, attractive men than many of my slim friends who do not have self confidence. I know that I am witty, can hold an intelligent conversation, and have a lot to offer other than the size of my body. Sure, there are plenty of men who have no interest in me, but that doesn't bother me. It also doesn't seem to hurt my social schedule or love life.
I have a port as well, and I also happen to keloid scar, so I have this giant, lovely 4" scar right below my collarbone. I have noticed the worse my health gets, the more confident I get. I've actually had a guy tell me, in bed, that my scars were gross and he got up and left.

You're a wonderful lady

Old 04-01-2012, 05:56 PM

15,867 posts, read 21,460,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I have a port as well, and I also happen to keloid scar, so I have this giant, lovely 4" scar right below my collarbone. I have noticed the worse my health gets, the more confident I get. I've actually had a guy tell me, in bed, that my scars were gross and he got up and left.

You're a wonderful lady
You're a wonderful lady as well!

I never had anyone say anything about my scars (and they're pretty bad - one of my chemo drugs makes scars much darker so my hands and arms look like I'm a street fighter from all the not-even-breaking-the-skin scratches my cat gave me) but my ex did dump me 3 months into chemo because it was "too hard". I made it my goal to date more than he did afterward. Vindictive? A little. Successful? Absolutely!

I completely concur with you about getting more confident the worse my health gets. And you and I DESERVE to be confident - most people would struggle to put up with the health issues that we deal with at such a young age with the grace, confidence, strength, and intelligence that we show.

I was always confident - even as the chubby high schooler who turned into an obese college student who was on steroids on-and-off for 4 years for what I would late find out was misdiagnosed cancer. Now I'm the confident introvert who has started to get asked to speak at various events. I get numbers from 8s and 9s (if you think in those terms, which I generally don't) after they hear me speak.

Weight battles and all, there are people out there who will love you regardless. I am working to get healthier in my recovery, which includes losing weight, but not one ounce of me feels ashamed to be the weight I am. It's something I want to change, but not something I see as making me less worthy of respect, love, affection, sex, companionship, or attention. I really think most of my life's successes can be tracked to that mindset.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:07 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,645,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
You're a wonderful lady as well!

I never had anyone say anything about my scars (and they're pretty bad - one of my chemo drugs makes scars much darker so my hands and arms look like I'm a street fighter from all the not-even-breaking-the-skin scratches my cat gave me) but my ex did dump me 3 months into chemo because it was "too hard". I made it my goal to date more than he did afterward. Vindictive? A little. Successful? Absolutely!

I completely concur with you about getting more confident the worse my health gets. And you and I DESERVE to be confident - most people would struggle to put up with the health issues that we deal with at such a young age with the grace, confidence, strength, and intelligence that we show.

I was always confident - even as the chubby high schooler who turned into an obese college student who was on steroids on-and-off for 4 years for what I would late find out was misdiagnosed cancer. Now I'm the confident introvert who has started to get asked to speak at various events. I get numbers from 8s and 9s (if you think in those terms, which I generally don't) after they hear me speak.

Weight battles and all, there are people out there who will love you regardless. I am working to get healthier in my recovery, which includes losing weight, but not one ounce of me feels ashamed to be the weight I am. It's something I want to change, but not something I see as making me less worthy of respect, love, affection, sex, companionship, or attention. I really think most of my life's successes can be tracked to that mindset.
My meds caused me to gain a lot of weight as well, and since it's a lysosomal storage disorder combined with my severe hypothyroidism it's extremely difficult to lose weight. At one point, I was eating around 1300 calories a day and exercising at least an hour a day with a trainer 5 days a week and didn't lose a pound, nor did my clothes fit any different. I'm still working on it, though

I know it's going to be an uphill battle, but I did have a little moment of happy from a guy who actually kissed my scar (the one on my collarbone) and said 'I kinda like a chick with battle wounds'. So I figure there are decent guys out there, unfortunately they're few and far between. Hopefully this ones sticks around for a while.

But yes, I think I'm an extremely confident person, regardless of how it comes out here and I have been told by several of my friends that they wished they could command a room like I can. I also love giving speeches on my disorder, but unfortunately have had to stop since I'm afraid of potential employers finding out about my disorder and not hiring me. I've actually been fired for 'potentially increasing insurance premiums' at a job, so I'm a bit more paranoid about it now.

I definitely think hard times makes people a little more confident, but also a little calmer about things that go on. Whenever something bad happens to me, I just think back to a horrible medical catastrophe that has happened and think 'Well, it's not as bad as that, so it's not too terrible'

Old 04-01-2012, 06:20 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,790,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
I don't either. I was watching the crowd at a bar during the basketball game. Young girls in their 20's very short and pushing 200 pounds with attractive guys. Two couples in particular could not keep their hands off each other. Two of us skinny girls sitting alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
clearly. the thin and pretty ones are the single ones. I don't know what world everyone is living in.
I think I can answer this one.....

It is said the bigger girls will do more for a man than the skinnier ones will...

My guess would be because the bigger girls as a rule don't get to pick and choose (unless you're in Fayetteville NC which is known as a big girls paradise) so they have to "work" to get a man as opposed to a skinny chick.

Case in point....if you need your knob slobbed on, you can ask miss toothpick and she might say "no" to you....because she only has 30 other guys asking the same thing.....so maybe she's holding out for a specific guy to come along.

Meanwhile you ask big Bertha to slob on your knob, and she might see it as the golden opportunity to snag onto a man....because it's not often she's asked of this.

Now, I'm not saying this is true, but going off of what I have observed. Also bigger women seem to be nicer than skinnier women.

On the flip side of the coin, it could be the guy feels he has a better chance getting the bigger girl in bed as opposed to the skinnier one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships