Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2012, 09:17 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,717,169 times

Advertisements

Well I am not touching on the easy thing as that is a given in manland....skanks come in all sizes.

But as far as the relationship thing I never notice a hot guy with a fat chick as a girlfriend. They seem equal athletically and comfort focused.

Been fat and thin myself and get way more traffic thin.The guys that hit on me when I was fat were relationship geared and a lot of non-white type guys. They were also big guys for the most part. Not necessarily fat just BIG. Like giant teddy bears. LOL

I think when fat people whine about being fat being the problem its because they hate it themselves. Rather than admitting that maybe its all the whining that is a turn off, they blame the other person for being a shallow fat hater. And maybe the person is not attracted to heavier people..but no one is attracted to a self hater. With age you see men being less picky about size. I found that the types of males attracted to thinner women are generally under 25 or thin themselves.The plus size girls have that life phase burned into their brain a bit too until the experience life differently.

Last edited by Opsimathia; 04-04-2012 at 09:31 AM..

Old 04-04-2012, 09:26 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
And hopefully, we will all be wise enough to recognize the second group and not make them pay for the mistakes of the first group.
Some of us are.......some of us aren't.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:38 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,738,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Well, if you're going to go around answering more or less every question posed with a smug and rude repartee about how much men suck, I don't think it's fair to assume that you'll get any compassion back.

"Men suck. They're evil and manipulative, they just want to use you and hurt you. They're scum."
"...that's not fair to say about all men. Besides, you don't exactly sound like such a doll yourself."
"See? HAH. There you go again. Typical man, hating on women."

I'm sure that you have no ability to see exactly how asinine some of your comments are, or you wouldn't make them. Sad. What you say really amounts to hate speech; if you replaced what you say about "men" with "black people," "Jews," or "Mexicans," no one would tolerate what you're saying at all.

Seriously, let's read this minor edit of your last post below:
Well I don't know who you know that takes "I feel sorry for you" and "you need help" as compliments, but where I'm from they're not considered to be so. So yes expect a smug answer in return. Again, with the "sad" and "asinine" comments -- doesn't surprise me.Anything that doesn't agree with you all is called such. Save for pity and sadness for yourself or someone that cares. You're all taking issue with something that I actually experienced and made reference to on this topic, that's your problem, not mine. I'm going to talk about my experiences just like everyone else does on here. If they have mostly been negative then so be it, you can call me any kind of names you want, nothing new.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:46 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,413,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Well I don't know who you know that takes "I feel sorry for you" and "you need help" as compliments, but where I'm from they're not considered to be so. So yes expect a smug answer in return. Again, with the "sad" and "asinine" comments -- doesn't surprise me.Anything that doesn't agree with you all is called such. Save for pity and sadness for yourself or someone that cares. You're all taking issue with something that I actually experienced and made reference to on this topic, that's your problem, not mine. I'm going to talk about my experiences just like everyone else does on here. If they have mostly been negative then so be it, you can call me any kind of names you want, nothing new.
Look, I'm thin and have had some sh*tty experiences with men too..weight has nothing to do with it. but I know there are good men out there despite it all. I would be really hurt if men called me a biatch because some girlfriend (or a few women) of their past screwed them over. You're pretty much saying all men are bad and that's what these guys are having an issue with in your posts. Until you've been beaten up and cheated on numerous times, you and I really cannot complain as much as you are. In fact, I have friends who've had both happen and one's engaged, the other will probably be engaged soon. there is a light...you just need to be positive.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Look, I'm thin and have had some sh*tty experiences with men too..weight has nothing to do with it. but I know there are good men out there despite it all. I would be really hurt if men called me a biatch because some girlfriend (or a few women) of their past screwed them over. You're pretty much saying all men are bad and that's what these guys are having an issue with in your posts. Until you've been beaten up and cheated on numerous times, you and I really cannot complain as much as you are. In fact, I have friends who've had both happen and one's engaged, the other will probably be engaged soon. there is a light...you just need to be positive.

Men treat heavier women worse in general, in life. Sure some skinnier women get treated like garbage too by them, but the thread isn't about that....'Until you've been beaten up and cheated on numerous times' -- so those are the only 2 'valid' experiences with men that warrant any kind of negative associations with them? Get real...and enough with the 'just be positive' glad that solves your issues in life, never did anything for me personally.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:56 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,304,948 times
Quote:
Men treat heavier women worse in general, in life. Sure some skinnier women get treated like garbage too by them, but the thread isn't about that....'Until you've been beaten up and cheated on numerous times' -- so those are the only 2 'valid' experiences with men that warrant any kind of negative associations with them? Get real...and enough with the 'just be positive' glad that solves your issues in life, never did anything for me personally.
A**holes are a**holes regardless of a women size. Same things go for abusers, controllers and the like. If they have the propensity to be physically, verbally and mentally abusive they are going to do those things regardless. It's women who date these types of men and let them get away with these things that are the problem. It's not a weight issue whatsoever.

Trust me I know from personal experience.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:01 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,413,475 times
Quote:
I'm just saying..as bad as mine and your experiences have been...we really have nothing to complain about in comparison to physical abuse and being chronically cheated on. I feel very lucky that hans't happened to me. Doesn't mean I feel good that I've had men be jerks in other heartbreaking ways, just means at least the other stuff didn't happen. Also, where I live, men are getting into serious relationships with the bigger women, not so much the skinny ones. and ya, being negative only attracts negative. that's why I said be positive.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
A**holes are a**holes regardless of a women size. Same things go for abusers, controllers and the like. If they have the propensity to be physically, verbally and mentally abusive they are going to do those things regardless. It's women who date these types of men and let them get away with these things that are the problem. It's not a weight issue whatsoever.

It IS a weight issue to a certain extent, majority of fat women I've known have all been treated like garbage by men b/c of their looks are not up to par with other women. I asked some males why they act meaner towards the bigger women for no reason and they even said it's b/c they don't want them to get the wrong idea that they're interested in them. Some men on here even confirmed this same thing as well. I don't care what you say, I know what I've experienced for myself as well, you can be as sweet as pie to them. It's only reciprocated when the packaging is nice too in their eyes...But OK, none of this really happened, I'm making it all up.

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 04-04-2012 at 12:15 PM..

Old 04-04-2012, 12:13 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,304,948 times
Quote:
It IS a weight issue to a certain extent, majority of fat women I've known have all been treated like garbage by men b/c of their looks are not up to par with other women. I don't care what you say, I know what I've experienced for myself as well, you can be as sweet as pie to them. It's only reciprocated when the packaging is nice too in their eyes.
I was in a physically abusive relationship when I was in high school. I was 5'1" and about 115lbs. He was also controlling and mentally manipulative. Eventually I grew a pair and left him. It obviously had nothing to do with my weight the way he treated me (or my looks), he was just always going to be that way regardless.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:14 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,717,169 times
Quote:
It IS a weight issue to a certain extent, majority of fat women I've known have all been treated like garbage by men b/c of their looks are not up to par with other women. I don't care what you say, I know what I've experienced for myself as well, you can be as sweet as pie to them. It's only reciprocated when the packaging is nice too in their eyes.

I didn't find that to be true at all. Besides...fat is a flexible state. If you really think its an issue remove the said issue and see if you still have problems. Its not like that excess is doing you any favors physically outside of any relationship issues. I am not saying it doesn't happen but the "looks" reason is a cop out. If they had such an issue with it they would break up before a problem came from it went into abuse mode. Those people that do that just are looking for people that put up with it. People that put up with unnecessary crap come in all weight classes.

There are plenty of "hot chicks" who have the same issue. Eye candy attracts a lot of flies interested in one thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships