Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2012, 01:28 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,510,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Using what baseline? BMI?

Does it matter?

Old 07-21-2012, 01:57 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,011,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Does it matter?
Actually I it does. Because if we are going off of BMI, our stats are crap from the outset. Saying 2/3 of the population is overweight when basing it off of BMI is misleading. That's why I am asking what baseline we are using. Is there something other than BMI on which you are basing your statement?

Old 07-21-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Actually I it does. Because if we are going off of BMI, our stats are crap from the outset. Saying 2/3 of the population is overweight when basing it off of BMI is misleading. That's why I am asking what baseline we are using. Is there something other than BMI on which you are basing your statement?

BMI is accurate. It's based on the average individual and the average individual is not an exercise nut or a professional athlete. The average individual is overweight by a good amount. That's not debatable and it's not misleading.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
BMI is accurate. It's based on the average individual and the average individual is not an exercise nut or a professional athlete. The average individual is overweight by a good amount. That's not debatable and it's not misleading.
Yes it is. I have this conversation with a Dr. every chance I get, and to a man (some have been women) they have stated that the BMI is less accurate for shorter people, and because it does not consider bone density or muscle mass it really cannot produce a reliable picture of an individual's health. I do see what you are saying about the "average person" vs someone who exercises regularly, though. Still, doctors I've asked about BMI have told me it isn't even worth being a footnote in the average person's medical record.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Yes it is. I have this conversation with a Dr. every chance I get, and to a man (some have been women) they have stated that the BMI is less accurate for shorter people, and because it does not consider bone density or muscle mass it really cannot produce a reliable picture of an individual's health. I do see what you are saying about the "average person" vs someone who exercises regularly, though. Still, doctors I've asked about BMI have told me it isn't even worth being a footnote in the average person's medical record.

And I've had this convo with doctors as well and they said it is reliable because most people have average bone density and average muscle mass. Therefore, it makes it mostly reliable. BMI wouldn't be used if it had no relevance.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:28 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
What, so you're one of those guys who believes that chubby women should be so grateful for any male attention that they should spread their legs for any guy who looks at them?
Lol, no its the other way around, the guy should be grateful he has a woman to hold hands with no matter what size she is. Women have easy including chubby types to pick what ever guy that is deemed suitable for them. The game has changed. I would be happy to have a chubby chick by my side, where im from that aint happening due to &$#@! Shield and drama chicka play from skinny to chubby.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
And I've had this convo with doctors as well and they said it is reliable because most people have average bone density and average muscle mass. Therefore, it makes it mostly reliable. BMI wouldn't be used if it had no relevance.
Fair enough, we have reached an impasse on the BMI issue.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:31 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,006,797 times
Quote:
I can tell you that with my height and the BMI weight scale, I'd probably have to go to the hospital because I'd be underweight and probably anorexic looking.

Not saying that I couldn't drop weight, but if I dropped to the BMI weight, my doctor would be urging me to gain or else I'd start having issues.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:32 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
I likes me a nice meaty healthy girl.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:59 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times
Quote:
Have you considered that maybe it is your attitude toward others? When you make statements like "...chubby women are supposed to be easy..." it sort of reveals how you feel about women, specifically chubby ones. It is entirely possible that girls who have shot you down have picked up on this. Women are often much more intuitive than we men are, after all. If a chubby girl sensed that you thought that she should be easy, she is not likely to give you a second glance. And I wouldn't blame her. Just because she is chubby does not mean that she lacks a feeling of self-worth, dignity and holds herself to a certain standard.

EDIT: By the way, any guy with a shred of common sense would want to date a woman who has a sense of self-worth. A woman who values herself can lead to a very healthy relationship and result in less time addressing insecurities. I think a lot of guys cannot get a relationship across the finish line because they give up after having to deal with insecurities.
Lol my attitude, I have the sweetest attitude and I have alot going for myself, just trying to make my way in this crazy world we live in. I adore all women of all sizes. Talking about my attitude? You dont even know me. Chubby women believed or have some sort of self esteem that they are undatable, this is unture and guys today will flip and jump for joy to have a woman of any size by his side. I have not shot down no woman, women have shot me down. Chubby women used to have amazing attitudes but now their attitudes is just as bad as mean hot women. I know some guys who married and also had children with chubby women and for some its one of the worst mistakes they made because they have to wrestle with child support system and so forth, and there fat wives was just as mean as regular slim women. Now on the streets of NYC I have seen lately chubby women of all sizes with attractive men. If your an average joe chubby chicks wont give you a second look unless if you have money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships