Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2012, 05:09 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,282,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
but it's not....instead we go round and round in an endless circle discussing the 'fat women they claim not to want'

Because it is said over and over that men put priority on a woman's presentation/looks just like women put priority on a man's economic status.

Last edited by onihC; 07-23-2012 at 05:20 PM..

Old 07-23-2012, 05:12 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,011,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Because it is said over and over that men put priority on a woman's looks just like women put priority on a man's economic status.
Maybe some do, but I don't think it's the average. Honestly, where do guys keep coming up with this stuff? I dated a whole bunch of different girls in the years before I was married, and only one of them was completely materialistic. And don't try to tell me that I just avoided the materialistic ones. If that were the case, then tell me how I knew they were materialistic before I tried to get to know them better?

Old 07-23-2012, 05:19 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,411,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
It's a huge false stereotype.

Not only that but a lot men who say they don't like fat women have a past history of gf's who were fat so they don't even really mean it.
I used to work with a guy who "confessed" to me he really liked very skinny women. This is on one of my outings w/ the coworkers to yet another strip club.

We lived in the same area, and I met him twice out on dates, BOTH times with chunky girls. I felt like telling the girls his skinny "secret." I'm not sure why he didn't just date a thin woman.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Maybe some do, but I don't think it's the average. Honestly, where do guys keep coming up with this stuff? I dated a whole bunch of different girls in the years before I was married, and only one of them was completely materialistic. And don't try to tell me that I just avoided the materialistic ones. If that were the case, then tell me how I knew they were materialistic before I tried to get to know them better?
Just look around all these threads about men who are broke, men who live with the parents, men who don’t have a car, men who use coupons, men who don’t pay for a woman’s expenses, men who buy a cheap engagement ring, etc. Look at all these threads about men not interested in obese women, ugly women, etc. Men and women have their priorities a bit different when it comes to attraction and relationships. Sure, there are exceptions. I had a relationship with a woman who was handicapped. Still, I can’t say “See? Men don’t care about looks,” can I?

Old 07-23-2012, 05:33 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,011,782 times
Quote:
Just look around all these threads about men who are broke, men who live with the parents, men who don’t have a car, men who use coupons, men who don’t pay for a woman’s expenses, men who buy a cheap engagement ring, etc. Look at all these threads about men not interested in obese women, ugly women, etc. Men and women have their priorities a bit different when it comes to attraction and relationships. Sure, there are exceptions. I had a relationship with a woman who was handicapped. Still, I can’t say “See? Men don’t care about looks,” can I?
Because it is proven that men are visually motivated. I don't know too many men who would deny that. I'm visually motivated. Most of my friends are.

As for the types of guys you described, you may want to pick up all that straw before the wind starts blowing it away. You've described a bunch of zeroes. There is a big difference from expecting the bare basics (job, self-supporting, etc...) and "putting a priority on economic status." A woman may not want to waste her time on a guy who does not have a job. I don't blame her.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:05 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
I know. Whenever I go to the USA I see american women with men, who said they can't be with a man?

They can still be happy with a nice chap.
It's quite amazing that American men are with women and that American women are with men. The astute observations highlighted on this forum are amazing as well. Wow, that's what you see? I guess I'm gonna have to pay mor attention when I leave the house in the morning.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Because it is proven that men are visually motivated. I don't know too many men who would deny that. I'm visually motivated. Most of my friends are.
The whole “men are visual, women are nice and sentimental” has been debunked already. There’s this interesting study done by Discovery Health and I believe they are playing it now in Discovery Channel. Check out a program called “Battle of the Sexes”. I think that is the title of it. But anyways, when it comes to priorities, men normally go to the woman who attracts them while women go to the man that has a better economic status. Sure, there are exceptions.

Quote:
A woman may not want to waste her time on a guy who does not have a job. I don't blame her.
There you go. While men, generally speaking, can care less. If she’s nice to hang out with, finds her attractive to his eyes, etc. then he will approach her to ask her out and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
It's quite amazing that American men are with women and that American women are with men. The astute observations highlighted on this forum are amazing as well. Wow, that's what you see? I guess I'm gonna have to pay mor attention when I leave the house in the morning.
Yes. I don’t see how obese women would have a problem when it comes to men taking them out or being in a relationship. When I go to the USA, I see American women with men just fine. So I don’t understand the whole idea of obese women not dating.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:41 PM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
The whole “men are visual, women are nice and sentimental” has been debunked already. There’s this interesting study done by Discovery Health and I believe they are playing it now in Discovery Channel. Check out a program called “Battle of the Sexes”. I think that is the title of it. But anyways, when it comes to priorities, men normally go to the woman who attracts them while women go to the man that has a better economic status. Sure, there are exceptions.
Saw it. Whether women admit these biases to themselves is a different story. You will never be able to get women to admit that the majority prefer a well to do man versus a broke bloke, unless they state that on an online dating site ala "No broke men, men that lives with grandma, or has no car". Usually you hear "I don't care what he makes as long as I'm in Love" line. By comparison most men are very honest "She has to be hot!".

Old 07-24-2012, 12:48 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
You will never be able to get women to admit that the majority prefer a well to do man versus a broke bloke
How many people actually prefer that their partner be broke?

Old 07-24-2012, 12:50 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,955,040 times
I don't care what he makes, as long as he's good in the sack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships