Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 08:04 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,859,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
IDK...I see overweight women with men all the time.

The authors of those threads and posts don't get away from their computers much.
They just don't snag good looking guys from the best part of town. Consequently,they might have to contribute more financially to the marriage than other, luckier women. Given that women have affirmative action working for them, this seems only fair.

The fact is, most men have it worse than them.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:21 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,912,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Most of the people I know in relationships are the fat ones...and they were fat before they got "comfortable".

Not that I care, its just an observation that I don't understand given all this talk that men want an attractive and slender woman.

I have some other cute/thin single friends with great personalities who are having such a hard time. I don't get it.

That is because there is a high percentage of men in society that are unable or unwilling to do what they would have to in order to secure a non-fat girl and/or an attractive one.

They have either given up completely and are willing to settle down comfortably with an overweight woman, while sacrificing their desires to be with a woman that is more attractive. Some would say that men like that are practical since there is a lower chance that a fat girlfriend would cheat on a guy: due to fewer options to be able to cheat on him with and the maintenance (aside from additional food) is alot lower with a chubber than an attractive woman when considering the available resources adn money that a man seeking to be with a woman has. There are also men that have such low self esteem that they respond to the attention they get from fat women and do not think they can do any better and due to the lack of attention and interest from what they might percieve to be more attractive women - they settle with a chubber.

And as far as cute/thin, attractive women "having such a hard time" finding a mate. They are NOT having such a hard time. They are just more selective in terms of their asset allocation: with their assets being their looks/beauty and on some level they are smart enough not to settle down and find a guy as easily since they are looking for the best possibility deal in terms of how it relates to their own hotness and are smart enough not to get tied down with a guy early on in their lives while also working very hard to find what might be considered an equal or better match: not just in terms of attractiveness but a man that earns alot of money, has assets and resources and is willing to maintain the relationship partially with those tools of clitorial acquisition. Which in the world today usual involves leasing it with no option to buy, or a future marriage that ends in a few years, thus resulting in asset division as a more attractive woman in that situation then secures money and resources she could not obtain on her own.

I have a buddy that is totally into chubbers. And this is his theme song. It's 'Fat Girl' by Steel Panther

Steel Panther : Fat Girl (thar She Blows) - YouTube

Old 07-24-2012, 11:13 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,122,194 times
why does skinny=beautiful around here? there are tons of unattractive thin women

Old 07-25-2012, 01:08 AM

382 posts, read 825,488 times
Hot men with a good career like hot women with a good career. I have found that men in general like the fact that I am a professional woman. It increases my attractiveness to them---especially the younger men in their 20's and 30's. Could be a generational thing perhaps...As for weight, in my experience most men like average size women with an hourglass figure. For myself, whenever I gained a bit of weight after having kids, I did notice more black guys hit on me than white guys though...
Another thing is that some guys care way too much of what their friends think. So much so that they won't continue to date a girl they really like if heir friends don't approve. Those type of guys are so weak.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:47 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,155,431 times
You either find someone attractive or you don't. You might have a 'type' and one day see or speak to someone that's pretty much the opposite and think "Oh Yes!".

If you find someone attractive you just do. Size, weight, height, colour, everything all goes out the window, if they float your boat just enjoy it and accept that your boat is well and truly afloat. People just need to embrace it..

You see all sorts of people in relationships over here, Big man skinny women, big women skinny man, short man tall woman, tall man short woman, different colours and different backgrounds. Relax, go with what you fancy and leave out the 'peer pressure' or 'social stigma' crap, your the one having the relationship so enjoy it with whomever you want to enjoy it with.

"Damn the naysayers i say.. Damn them all!" (or ignore them anyway).

Old 07-25-2012, 10:46 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,122,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
She is attractive from the waist up with a gorgeous face...her hips and thighs, otoh, would be very unattractive to me IRL.

As for this bandwagon, it is very simple: 64% of all US women are overweight or obese. If these women were unable to pair up, society would end. People are able to find a partner regardless of size.

In her younger days, Jackee was old-school curvy, which is to say NOT overweight.

Majority of the posters here are white men, and i'm pretty sure they consider Jackee to be overweight. That's why I used her as an example. But there are beautiful overweight women who carry their weight well and don't have a tough time dating.

I don't think all women look good overweight but there are some who do and I find them to be very lucky.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:48 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,631,616 times
Fat girl can probably get a man but fat boy?????

Old 07-25-2012, 11:21 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,680,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Majority of the posters here are white men, and i'm pretty sure they consider Jackee to be overweight. That's why I used her as an example. But there are beautiful overweight women who carry their weight well and don't have a tough time dating.

I don't think all women look good overweight but there are some who do and I find them to be very lucky.
Why should the opinions of anonymous white men trump mine? I speak for no one but myself.

There are ugly overweight women who have no trouble dating either. The only time any woman has trouble is.if her standards are out whack, usually due to overestimating her league.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:23 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,304,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
There are ugly overweight women who have no trouble dating either. The only time any woman has trouble is.if her standards are out whack, usually due to overestimating her league.
This is accurate.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:17 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Generally speaking, women don’t really care if a man is ugly.

Why deny it? I don’t deny what women say about men being all about looks, sex, no feelings, etc. even though I do not consider myself that way but I do admit many men are. Why do you deny women put importance in a man’s economic status?

Nope. I am not married and she's not even american. I am sure you see yours in the mirror every morning.
Give me a break with this horse shyte. Generally, equals couple. That's an American fact. It's recorded in census despite what a half dozen hacks on CD want to purport. You may have to make up for your height and looks with money, but it's not how it goes across the board. Deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships