Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2012, 05:34 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,266,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Most of the people I know in relationships are the fat ones...and they were fat before they got "comfortable".
Not that I care, its just an observation that I don't understand given all this talk that men want an attractive and slender woman.
I have some other cute/thin single friends with great personalities who are having such a hard time. I don't get it.
I think I responded to this one once before but have to admit, everytime I see the word "FAT" when it refers to women who are bigger it irks me..I am what you would consider "FAT" and have to tell you..please don't call us "FAT". We prefer perhaps "Fluffy", "Comfy", "Thick", "Chunky", "Chubby" or any one of the other 1,000 or more terms for someone who is perhaps 20 lbs or more over what those damn Insurance Charts suggest. Men want women who although might be "Thick" or "Fluffy" can love them more than they love themselves, are fun to be with, make no demands and once married to them will give them beautiful kids, a clean home and a happy life. Am I married..ABSOLUTELY. Am I still "THICK"? YUP, workin on it. Do I have kids..YUP..all grown up and my husband now?? #3 and 10 years younger...gorgeous and very successful. SIGH......so much for your FAT theory.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:44 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I have been getting a lot of attention by slim chicks as of lately. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder this goes for overweight and skinny people alike male or female, this is what I realize.

I'm not sure how this response addresses any of the points that I made. I'll at least take it for face value and agree with the merits of this statement.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:45 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Most of the people I know in relationships are the fat ones...and they were fat before they got "comfortable".

Not that I care, its just an observation that I don't understand given all this talk that men want an attractive and slender woman.

I have some other cute/thin single friends with great personalities who are having such a hard time. I don't get it.
Just an observation but whenever I hear a woman say she cant understand why good looking friend X who is cute/thin and with great personality is single one or more of those things are not true and she also has herpes and lives with 107 cats.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:20 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,906,017 times
While you may not find fat ladies, BBW, pleasingly plump or whatever you call them, attractive, many men do. I suppose the younger ones don't have much choice.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:32 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
How about using "Phat" which in slang could mean hot and tempting? lol!

Old 07-22-2012, 02:58 PM

464 posts, read 479,348 times
As a member of Team Chunk, I have no problem getting men. Unfortunatly, I'm getting older and I want a partner to throw dishes at. Is so wrong?

Old 07-22-2012, 08:01 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Phat women can get men. Just maybe not the ones they want. And, do you really want a man who "settled" for you, because he could not get what he really wanted? How dysfunctional is that...

Old 07-22-2012, 08:10 PM

417 posts, read 825,012 times
high-school should serve as a good example of why 'fat' women can still get men. specifically, high school is perhaps the biggest conflagration of shallow non-sense many will go through in terms of looks mattering more than anything. And yet, in my high school at least, ever fat girl had a boy-friend. the point is its not about the fat but ones own attitude about that fat. personally, i've met women (fat or thin) i wasn't attracted to upon first look. however, after a brief conversation I found them the sexiest person in the room/area. it's about working it, honeys. ain't no weight should be holding you down...unless you're morbidly obese... Same goes for men to a lesser extent...though i believe stats point to the young age bracket of men having a harder time. it's not just because they're men, but because when polled it was shown men are bigger sluts (i.e. younger guys on average are more willingly to sleep with strangers).

Old 07-22-2012, 08:12 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
What about those naturally large Russian woman who are like AMAZONs... Six foot tall and muscled- can bench press their own weight...Can punch like a man....when one of these big boned woman gain a bit of body fat- people look at them as being FAT- mean while their health is perfect condition....and STRONG stronger than most men.....I know of such a girl and she goes to the gym also..to the average she appears fat but she is just a big ancient powerful woman...These types do exist.
I know a few of these....................

Old 07-22-2012, 08:13 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Phat women can get men. Just maybe not the ones they want. And, do you really want a man who "settled" for you, because he could not get what he really wanted? How dysfunctional is that...
And once again I am compelled to point out that not all men who are with big girls have "settled." Many of them are perfectly content with the partner they have chosen. Not every woman who is with a big guy "settled." There is nothing dysfunctional about being with a person to whom you are perfectly attracted. Even if that person does not meet society's idea of what is "attractive."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships