Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 03:12 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,272,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Most of the people I know in relationships are the fat ones...and they were fat before they got "comfortable".

Not that I care, its just an observation that I don't understand given all this talk that men want an attractive and slender woman.

I have some other cute/thin single friends with great personalities who are having such a hard time. I don't get it.
Lordy, Lordy where to start on this one!! First of all, I was, am a "fat" girl. I prefer the term "fluffy", but no worries on that part of this reply. Anyhoooo....Didn't date much in high school but when I did start, it was with the greatest looking guy EVER..he was a blonde lifeguard at our local pool. Me? Hmmmmm 5'3" tall and perhaps 140 lbs at THAT time. Next, lost some weight, broke up with Lifeguard and dated and married a man in uniform (Navy) gorgeous double for Clint Eastwood. He kept on my litte round posterior end to lose weight, keep my makeup in place, dress properly whilst he went out chasing women, getting drunk, smoking pot and more. Hmmmm? so much for being "fluffy". I divorced his self rightous ass and didn't remarry until my son was 21..married an adorable, not so tall wonderful Italian man who passed away early on in our marriage..was pretty "fluffy" at that time. Again, stayed single for about 6 years..weight went all over the place but still dated a lot. Remarried in 2002 to a man 10 years younger than me and my wedding photos I look like a SUMO WRESTLER..not joking...minus of course the "thong" they wear which would have tossed me over the edge for sure. My point..whats to get?? If you have read this posting, and it is a long one...you can see why being a "fluffy broad" most of my life I kept my sense of humor and there are men out there who love a sense of humor. Oh..forgot...I personally think I am kinda cute too..cute and "FLUFFY"..

Old 07-20-2012, 06:26 PM

4 posts, read 4,303 times
ill just be honest guys like fat chicks because theyre less work and more of a sure thing

Old 07-20-2012, 06:38 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,500,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Most of the people I know in relationships are the fat ones...and they were fat before they got "comfortable".

Not that I care, its just an observation that I don't understand given all this talk that men want an attractive and slender woman.

I have some other cute/thin single friends with great personalities who are having such a hard time. I don't get it.
I noticed that too and they seem happy. Chubby women tend to have cute faces. Is what we see on T.V really what men what or what society says men should want?

Old 07-20-2012, 06:44 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,513,014 times
Most people in general are overweight, so the same needs to be applied to men.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:07 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,751,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Most people in general are overweight, so the same needs to be applied to men.

but it's not....instead we go round and round in an endless circle discussing the 'fat women they claim not to want'

Old 07-21-2012, 12:02 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,097,180 times
Everyday I see skinny, or slim guys sometimes even short guys with fat chicks all the time. Even worse short guys and tall women. The thing is that these chubby women are supposed to be easy, they are not, I had my fair share of chubby women and I'm a chubby guy myself. Don't get me wrong everyone needs an ego boost on dating the greatest person ever. These chubby women are used to dating some sort of attractive guy from previous relationships, I'm not sure what type of gas these pretty boy guys filled up the heads of chubby chicks, but lately chubby chicks are just as #$%^y as hot mean girls. Also chubby chicks have gotten picky as of lately. If they want chubby chicks can have the adorable small guy who will cheat on you when he gets the second to do so.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:55 AM

29,775 posts, read 34,508,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Everyday I see skinny, or slim guys sometimes even short guys with fat chicks all the time. Even worse short guys and tall women. The thing is that these chubby women are supposed to be easy, they are not, I had my fair share of chubby women and I'm a chubby guy myself. Don't get me wrong everyone needs an ego boost on dating the greatest person ever. These chubby women are used to dating some sort of attractive guy from previous relationships, I'm not sure what type of gas these pretty boy guys filled up the heads of chubby chicks, but lately chubby chicks are just as #$%^y as hot mean girls. Also chubby chicks have gotten picky as of lately. If they want chubby chicks can have the adorable small guy who will cheat on you when he gets the second to do so.
What, so you're one of those guys who believes that chubby women should be so grateful for any male attention that they should spread their legs for any guy who looks at them?

Old 07-21-2012, 09:04 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,037,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Have you considered that maybe it is your attitude toward others? When you make statements like "...chubby women are supposed to be easy..." it sort of reveals how you feel about women, specifically chubby ones. It is entirely possible that girls who have shot you down have picked up on this. Women are often much more intuitive than we men are, after all. If a chubby girl sensed that you thought that she should be easy, she is not likely to give you a second glance. And I wouldn't blame her. Just because she is chubby does not mean that she lacks a feeling of self-worth, dignity and holds herself to a certain standard.

EDIT: By the way, any guy with a shred of common sense would want to date a woman who has a sense of self-worth. A woman who values herself can lead to a very healthy relationship and result in less time addressing insecurities. I think a lot of guys cannot get a relationship across the finish line because they give up after having to deal with insecurities.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:08 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,037,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Most people in general are overweight...
Using what baseline? BMI?

Old 07-21-2012, 09:15 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,954,833 times
Don't Judge me or I will judge you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships