Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 04:12 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,592,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Have you noticed when you are single, lots of people, especially as you get older, seems to pressure you into getting into a relationship? Why can't they(usually married folks) not leave the single person alone? Do they think singles are not happy in life if not in a relationship? Or is there another motive?

I'm dealing with that indirectly from my friends and acquaintances, and some of my family. I'm happy for my friends who are in relationships, but at this stage in my life I'm content being single. It doesn't bother me at all because with the goals I have, I don't have time for a relationship. The reason a lot of people tend to hound single folks is they want us to experience the same happiness as they do, which I can't blame them but you don't need to be with someone in order to be happy. True happiness comes from within. Besides, when you're in a relationship you're accountable to your mate whereas if you're single, you're accountable to no one but yourself.
What's even more interesting is when those same people tell you in the next breath how they wish they were single again and had more freedom. It makes me laugh every time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 04:40 PM

382 posts, read 758,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
What's even more interesting is when those same people tell you in the next breath how they wish they were single again and had more freedom. It makes me laugh every time.
Yep. The funniest thing ever, they can't just go somewhere at weekends without the partner's agreement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships