Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 12:06 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,476,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abushua View Post
I'm divorced and single at 51 years old. I used to like being single when I was younger...but as I get older....I don't like it one tiny bit.
It's harder, I think, as you get older to fall into a decent relationship. I'm thinking it has a bit to do with not overlooking the "flags" like one does when younger. I know what I want and don't want to compromise.
I agree that at some point people might want to settle down, I used to say that I didn't want to do that until I was nice n' old
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 02:21 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
if you wait until you are old you will be less attractive.

why do people think relationships are for old people???

If I ever get in a relationship I still want to go out, party, and have a blast. It shouldn't end and become boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
I agree that at some point people might want to settle down, I used to say that I didn't want to do that until I was nice n' old

Old 09-22-2008, 02:48 AM

16 posts, read 44,953 times
single ? who wants to single ? It is a crasy action , I think . Don't you like having meal , watching TV or film , walking , singing even attending friends 'party by only yourself ? Dont you like getting othes'caring and helpness ? Dont you want a child around you and smile at you ? Dont you hope to die when you old enough without anybody know ? then , you will realise how important is wife or hunsband .

Old 09-22-2008, 08:19 AM

28,899 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frootloop6 View Post
My childhood nickname from my Dad. Frootloops was my favorite cereal (remember when there were only three colors). I know it gets interpreted different by some, but the meaning really is innocent. Hmmm, maybe something happened to me after 40 years of eating Frootloops, I've become one
I don't think so...your perfectly normal...

it's just that sometimes people see things as they believe and don't have the awareness or insight to go beyond, and just allow, or need an explaination for everything, which might be a typical innocent explaination as yours. It's funny how asleep and unaware this entire country is????

Believe me I know, I write poety, feeflow, and it is amazing how some people interpret it...

Besides, this is a very precious and special nickname between your DAD and you, no need to explain to anyone. Your perfectly normal....

hugs
creme

Old 09-22-2008, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisbutadream View Post
I'm single and hate it. I'm 23 and have never had a boyfriend. I feel so defective and abnormal. Sometimes I feel so depressed about this I just want to kill myself. I'm not very attractive and I'm black, but I'm very nice and kind. I'm not eye candy but I do have a good heart.
You feel that way, b/c society puts that stigma on every human being. From the time we're born, we're raised to think and believe that the only way we can be successful is by being married....BULL....

It worked in the pioneer days, people needed each other to survive...but today, with all the convienances at hand, well, there is no need to be married unless your goal is to be married and have children. Frankly, there are so many more opportunities out there today....there is nothing wrong with marriage, but it I firmly believe you should first experience life, fulfill your dreams and come to know, exactly who you are and what your needs are before you get married. You'll then have more of a desire to choose someone who is more compatible, instead of accepting the first one who comes along b/c you think you need to be with someone or married.

Why do you wish to be married?

1. to have someone take care of you
2. to have someone to love
3. because you fell in love with lust and now you think you have to marry that person?
4. because you can't be alone

These are all the WRONG reasons to search out someone to marry.

Experience life, get an education, there is nothing better then a life education...and soul searching, able to enjoy the company you keep, meaning you...and not afraid of doing things on your own. You meet some of the most marvelous and interesting people by traveling alone.

It's worth the experience and wait. Start out slow...make a mental list of what you'd like to accomplish in life...and then set out slowly to meet those accomplishments.

You don't need to be married and live someone else's idea of what a marriage should be.

I'm alone for the first time in my life, and love it...emensly...I'm confident enough to make my own decissions, go where I want to go, take a vacation whenever I like, eat where I want to eat...read when I want to read, watch what I want to watch on TV...go to any movie of my choice...take a night job, perhaps take a college course, I don't have to worry about running home and making supper for someone who doesn't know how to do it?

I don't ever want to live out someone else's dream. But, I've never had a good marriage, so, to me, this is like I've died and gone to heaven.

There is time enough for marriage and children, but one must first become aware of who they are and what they're needs are. Then find someone who thinks and feels like you do...

If you just accept, your more apt to pull someone in your life, who may not have the same moral fidelities to themselves, so they won't have it for you. It is essential to be confident and mature enough to know that it isn't a rejection if someone doesn't want to date you. But more so, is looking for someone who just is more compatible to their needs. It's not you personally or anything you did.

If you marry someone who isn't mentally or morally compatible with you, you could be facing a disasterous marriage.

So, being alone, for a while, to me is essential. Breaking away from your parents and learning how to become self sufficent.

In my case, I've done it backwards....and unfortunately, along the way, a lot of people hurt, b/c both of us were not nearly ready for marriage.

but yeah, I love it now....this quiet time in my life.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
if you wait until you are old you will be less attractive.

If I ever get in a relationship I still want to go out, party, and have a blast. It shouldn't end and become boring.
It's all relative,when I'm old I'll just find someone my age. At this point I don't party much anyway so I'll just look for someone as boring as me

Old 09-22-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole.coola288 View Post
single ? who wants to single ? It is a crasy action , I think . Don't you like having meal , watching TV or film , walking , singing even attending friends 'party by only yourself ? Dont you like getting othes'caring and helpness ? Dont you want a child around you and smile at you ? Dont you hope to die when you old enough without anybody know ? then , you will realise how important is wife or hunsband .
Not if you don't enjoy the same foods or tv shows,or raising a child who may smile at you now and then curse you later

Old 09-22-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
It's all relative,when I'm old I'll just find someone my age. At this point I don't party much anyway so I'll just look for someone as boring as me
there ya go....I hear so many people use the argument, wull, you don't want to die alone, do you?????? I can't believe that concept...I came into this world alone, didn't I. And I'll go out, I hope with some dignity. But, certainly I don't want to put anyone thru that..just because I fear dying alone?

Good for you....

Are ya still stuck, or are ya starting to like PA? I hope so, I love it here...also love Colorado, but to far from the ocean for me. LOL

Hugs
Creme

Old 09-22-2008, 05:49 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckpa View Post
at this point i don't party much anyway so i'll just look for someone as boring as me:d

Old 09-22-2008, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
there ya go....I hear so many people use the argument, wull, you don't want to die alone, do you?????? I can't believe that concept...I came into this world alone, didn't I. And I'll go out, I hope with some dignity. But, certainly I don't want to put anyone thru that..just because I fear dying alone?

Good for you....

Are ya still stuck, or are ya starting to like PA? I hope so, I love it here...also love Colorado, but to far from the ocean for me. LOL
We all die alone,except in unfortunate events such as car wrecks or house fires. But in the actual end,yes we go it alone. Hopefully for those who believe in an afterlife of some sort perhaps we will see them again.

As far as being stuck...like I had mentioned in another thread,when I get unstuck everyone will know
And as far as liking PA,it's not PA as a whole I dislike. It's just being stuck in this area I can't stand. I used to bounce back & forth to PA and other places,now I'm like a caged animal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships