Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 07:21 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Other people's experiences are not the same as your own experiences. Not by a long shot. You need to experience things for yourself. That's what life is all about. Some of my friends have dated some real losers. I know 2 women that found out their husbands were cheating on them for their entire marriage. But these are their experiences - not mine.

I know you don't think all women are bad - but sometimes it comes across that way. The only reason that I reply to you so often is because I actually think you are a pretty darn good person, to be honest with you. I just think you have a lot of stuff that you need to get past.

When you marry the right person - it's not a prison sentence. If you marry the wrong person - I'm sure it is. I would never tell someone to just marry anyone and I would never tell someone to get married just for the sake of getting married. What makes me sad is seeing people so young decide that it's not even worth it to hope for that kind of happiness. I'm not saying make that be your only goal in life - it certainly wasn't mine - but at least leave yourself open to the idea that it might happen.
I have GOT to know. Where do you get the idea that I am a good person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 07:25 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,381,834 times
Quote:
You do know that when people die in movies -they don't die in real life - right? I played a hooker in a musical - but I'm not actually a hooker. You seem to be confused about these things - just trying to clear them up.
Suddenly I'm stupid, right? You want to go back to movie stars, then let's do it. Here's what I'm thinking since you went down the Julia Roberts road. There was a woman I knew (Berkeley grad, half French/half Dutch). The mention of a popular Italian actress came up and she became euphoric, almost to the point that you would question her sexuality, as in WTF. Many straight women have actresses that they go bonkers over....maybe out of envy, role model status, etc. For you, this could be Julia Roberts. From the first time I saw her, I thought "pedestrian." This thread is about men/women relationships, not taste in movie stars.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:27 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I have GOT to know. Where do you get the idea that I am a good person?
Not all of your posts are mean, bitter, and angry. I'm not going to lie - you've said some hurtful things to me. But some of your posts show a little bit of who I think you actually are - and it doesn't seem too bad.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Suddenly I'm stupid, right? You want to go back to movie stars, then let's do it. Here's what I'm thinking since you went down the Julia Roberts road. There was a woman I knew (Berkeley grad, half French/half Dutch). The mention of a popular Italian actress came up and she became euphoric, almost to the point that you would question her sexuality, as in WTF. Many straight women have actresses that they go bonkers over....maybe out of envy, role model status, etc. For you, this could be Julia Roberts. From the first time I saw her, I thought "pedestrian." This thread is about men/women relationships, not taste in movie stars.
LOL! You're funny! I like Julia - but she's not my favorite or anything. Keep 'em coming!!!

Old 04-07-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
LOL! You're funny! I like Julia - but she's not my favorite or anything. Keep 'em coming!!!
I just need fuel for the fire.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:53 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Not all of your posts are mean, bitter, and angry. I'm not going to lie - you've said some hurtful things to me. But some of your posts show a little bit of who I think you actually are - and it doesn't seem too bad.
I kind of have two sides here when I post.

Side #1- a hurt, frustrated, angry side that speaks from a perspective of someone who has had a up life. Hates to see other people doing well and sick of waiting and working himself to the bone only to inch slowly to what he wants.

Side #2- An insightful, critical thinker who will go up to bat for anyone who is being pummeled for their viewpoint even if said viewpoint is unpopular. A defender of sorts who is very loyal to a fault.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:

Side #1- a hurt, frustrated, angry side that speaks from a perspective of someone who has had a up life. Hates to see other people doing well and sick of waiting and working himself to the bone only to inch slowly to what he wants.

Side #2- An insightful, critical thinker who will go up to bat for anyone who is being pummeled for their viewpoint even if said viewpoint is unpopular. A defender of sorts who is very loyal to a fault.
1) Anger IS internalized hurt.
2) That you are.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:

Except when the person being pummeled is me! You even gave congratulated a guy for telling me that I'm not attractive. But that's okay.

The fact that I see those two sides makes me feel like there is hope for you. Some of the other posters - I think they are too far gone on the bitter train to ever come back. I don't think that's the case with you.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:54 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,273,223 times
Quote:

Welcome to reality as part of the middle class!

If I recall correctly, you're in your early 20s. That means you have roughly 40-45 more years of working, inching, whatever you want to call it.

To hate seeing other people do well is envy and spite of the ugliest kind, and it's unhealthy and self-destructive. If you stop comparing yourself to other people, and work on being the best person you can be because it's the right thing to do, you'll be a lot happier.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
If you stop comparing yourself to other people, and work on being the best person you can be because it's the right thing to do, you'll be a lot happier.
Everybody does it, to one degree or another. It's one of the most basic "functions" hard-wired into human beings. True, everyone advocates against doing this, but it's easier said than done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships