Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 09:53 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,689,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Sorry, but I completely disagree with the 'hot girl' one. I was never 'taught' that. What a load. This is what happens when men spend too much time watching The Idiot Box and not being out there in the real world and thinking for themselves.

Christ, no wonder people in this society have such a massive entitlement complex!
Because you speak for every one right?

Why is it when something doesn't apply to someone, that person immediately dismisses it as 100% inaccurate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 09:56 AM

691 posts, read 1,427,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVanNostren View Post
Great article (Warning for R-rated language):
We Were Told That Society Owed Us a Hot Girl
And yet I hear more "where have all the good men gone????" more than anything. A lot of women feel they are entitled to a good man, too.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:57 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,212,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
Because you speak for every one right?

Why is it when something doesn't apply to someone, that person immediately dismisses it as 100% inaccurate?
So does this mean that you grew up feeling that you were entitled to a hot women?

I honestly don't get what was wrong with his comment.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:22 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,926 times
I fail to see how wanting a pretty girl or commenting on a female's looks is hating women. It's simply human nature. Women don't want an ugly dude if they can help it either. And even more than looks in a lot of cases, women would prefer a dude that had money unless he just has some unbelievable swagger.

Look at the fine women floating around Grandpa Hugh Hefner. Are they 'man haters'? Women aren't going to be digging random ugly entetrainers a tenth of the way they do if they weren't all on tv, but was just the average dude walking down the street. Women ain't going to be on Chris Brown nearly as much if he looked like Forrest Whitaker. Bottom line is people like attractive people. Let's be real though. Apparently a man liking attractive women is 'hating women,' but a woman buying a cd because she thought the dude on the cd is cute is not objectifying and ultimately hating men. Yeah, aight.

In regards to him talking about the Supreme Court Justice to back up his point about using women as decor, he lifted a few posts from message boards and generalized men with it. Most men would see her and be like, oh aight, that's cool and keep it pushing. In reality, a lot of times, men who have been quite successful with women often end up with a woman that isn't nearly as pretty as the prettiest they've had. They ultimately chose the woman they are with because her personality traits were the most agreeable.

I did use the term 'shaming language,' because apparently disagreeing with this nonsensical article makes one 'mad', 'bitter', or a misogynist. On the contrary, some are quite perturbed that I disagree with this article and did so quite sharply. I'm more than calm my friends. If the article is simped out nonsense, which it is, not an ounce of anger or excessive emotion needed to be mustered to call it out for what it is.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:46 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,731,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
And yet I hear more "where have all the good men gone????" more than anything. A lot of women feel they are entitled to a good man, too.

I work, pay taxes, obey the law, take care of my family and teach them right from wrong. I pay my own way. I have an open tolerant attitude toward value systems that uphold truth, love, kindness, compassion, peace.

I highly prefer to date men who fit this description very closely. These are factors commonly used to describe a good man.

Like tends to attract like, so if that is entitlement, then so be it.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:47 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
There's some truth to the fact that some men feel entitled, though I can't imagine how they'd be raised to think that. No mother would "teach" her son he's entitled to a "hot girl". But usually, the more money they earn, the more entitled to a trophy wife they feel. Then they complain about women being "high maintenance", manipulative, or demanding. They don't realize it's their own choices that prevent them from finding nice, bright, caring women. Media stereotyping doesn't help--I think the media play a role in brainwashing guys into thinking they all can and should expect to get an actress or model.

I've read about how desperate men supposedly are for female company (hard to believe, frankly), but when I go to social events, the guys are all standing off to the side talking to each other, and never approach any of the women. Even if the women say hello as they walk by, there's no reaction. So they can't be as desperate as some of these authors make them out to be.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:57 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,212,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
I work, pay taxes, obey the law, take care of my family and teach them right from wrong. I pay my own way. I have an open tolerant attitude toward value systems that uphold truth, love, kindness, compassion, peace.

I highly prefer to date men who fit this description very closely. These are factors commonly used to describe a good man.

Like tends to attract like, so if that is entitlement, then so be it.
That still doesn't make an excuse for the women out there who have none of your qualities who still expect a good man.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:17 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There's some truth to the fact that some men feel entitled, though I can't imagine how they'd be raised to think that. No mother would "teach" her son he's entitled to a "hot girl". But usually, the more money they earn, the more entitled to a trophy wife they feel. Then they complain about women being "high maintenance", manipulative, or demanding. They don't realize it's their own choices that prevent them from finding nice, bright, caring women. Media stereotyping doesn't help--I think the media play a role in brainwashing guys into thinking they all can and should expect to get an actress or model.

I've read about how desperate men supposedly are for female company (hard to believe, frankly), but when I go to social events, the guys are all standing off to the side talking to each other, and never approach any of the women. Even if the women say hello as they walk by, there's no reaction. So they can't be as desperate as some of these authors make them out to be.
Women are just as entitled as Men

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/8764/princessy.jpg

Most normal men i know dont expect a model or a 10 just somebody who they are attracted to and can trust

Why is it so hard to believe some men are desperate for female company? some of us want love but arent attractive to the opposite sex

Old 04-10-2012, 03:52 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
There's a difference between feeling entitled to a "hot man" and a "good man". It's fair for everyone to expect to find a good person for a spouse. "Good" and "hot" don't necessarily go together.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:56 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Entitlements go both ways. Ever heard of women feeling entitled to having a man pay for her expenses all under the name of tradition, initial stages, a man’s job, chivalry, courtship, etc.? Somehow, I don’t think man feel entitled to a hot woman as it is known that men do have to work it to get to her which involves him putting some effort into romancing her, taking her out, buying her stuff, and so on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships