Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 01:22 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I know you are trying to figure out why your wife has a low libido - but I don't think it has anything to do with her body type or the fact that she's a good wife in other ways. I'm curvy. I do not have a low libido. I'm also a good wife.

EXACTLY.

This guy is doing everything he can to distract himself from his real problems and the role he plays in them.

Until he gets his wife to a therapist with him NOTHING is going to change.

I wish he'd realize that and quit wasting his energy this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 01:23 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,855,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR76 View Post
I think about a lot of weird sh*t lately, trying to fix my nearly-sexless marriage and all.

So, men, women, everyone. Do you think a woman's body type has any connection to her libido??

I tend to be attracted to the curvier women, big hips, big butt etc. but it seems they have lower libidos. My wife fits this type.

It also seems that the women I have been with who have higher sex drives are usually the thin, athletic, or almost a bit boyish in build, smaller boobs, smaller hips.

It doesnt seem to be a weight thing, more a body type, bone structure thing.

Am I just nuts or is there a connection?

Guys - what have you seen?

Ladies - what is your body type and libido?
By the way, unless you're some major stud (which I have my doubts about) your sample size is probably too low to make a determination.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:25 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,855,773 times
Quote:
I think about a lot of weird sh*t lately, trying to fix my nearly-sexless marriage and all.

So, men, women, everyone. Do you think a woman's body type has any connection to her libido??

I tend to be attracted to the curvier women, big hips, big butt etc. but it seems they have lower libidos. My wife fits this type.

It also seems that the women I have been with who have higher sex drives are usually the thin, athletic, or almost a bit boyish in build, smaller boobs, smaller hips.

It doesnt seem to be a weight thing, more a body type, bone structure thing.

Am I just nuts or is there a connection?

Guys - what have you seen?

Ladies - what is your body type and libido?
OK, well I'll be nice enough to answer your question:

Body type is borderline between pear and apple, I have hips but not extremely defined ones, a decent but smallish butt, B - cup breasts, and usually the thin/athletic body type, albeit I'm a bit out of shape lately.

And I'm as horny as a toad.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:27 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times
Quote:
women's body type and libido - is there a connection?
Hmmm..... good question. I think its more a combination of physical fitness level and self confidence that makes a woman's want sex more. I have always dated athletic women and they all were very VERY sexual. One, who was without a doubt the biggest woman I ever dated, had the HIGHEST sex drive of them all. She was big, like maybe 160-170 pounds but was also the MOST athletic. Fast runner, would do 500-1000 crunches/situps, two classes in a row of cardio karate, etc. and she was just confident in her own skin. Helped that she was Latina as well I think.

Again, I think health/athleticism/physical fitness level and confidence is what really does the trick. Not just body shape.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:28 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,643,960 times
I am thin but not boyish in build, nor do I exercise much. I want to have sex all the time but I don't think it has anything to do with my build, or how I feel about myself. I'm just kind of lovey dovey like that.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:29 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,264,809 times
I don't think there is a correlation between shape and sex drive. However, there are conflicting reports about weight and sex drive, with the determining variable being exercise.

Being overweight and sedentary tends correlate to lower sex drive, mainly because being sedentary makes your joints creaky and sex uncomfortable.

But those who are overweight and exercise tend to enjoy sex and have a higher sex drive, probably because they're more flexible and take more joy in the movement of their bodies. They also tend to enjoy better health overall, in terms of cardiovascular fitness, physical strength, and so on, despite a few extra pounds.

Oddly enough, there is some evidence to suggest that overweight women have higher sex drives than women with no extra weight and low body-fat. I won't bore you with the details, but the short story is that adipose tissue--fat--is hormonally active. But it depends on a lot of other things, too, like whether it's just a few extra pounds or obesity, reproductive status (childbearing, premenopausal, menopausal), etc.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:33 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
EXACTLY.

This guy is doing everything he can to distract himself from his real problems and the role he plays in them.

Until he gets his wife to a therapist with him NOTHING is going to change.

I wish he'd realize that and quit wasting his energy this way.
I know! Next there will be threads about women with his wife's hair color, ethnicity, diet, etc. having low libidos.

Oh - and for all the people that think curvy means fat and that average means overweight - I guess I should have specified that I've got a big chest and curvy hips, a small waist, and I'm on the small side. I exercise a lot. And I've got a good appetite for the boudoir.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:35 PM

102,191 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Oh - and for all the people that think curvy means fat and that average means overweight - I guess I should have specified that I've got a big chest and curvy hips, a small waist, and I'm on the small side. I exercise a lot. And I've got a good appetite for the boudoir.
OK, now you're going to be inundated with DM's from the guys! lol !

Old 04-26-2012, 01:39 PM

67 posts, read 112,856 times
Uhmmm to answer OP--- NO, NO, NO...YES, you are just nuts.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:39 PM

733 posts, read 1,663,418 times
I think so. From personal experience, every time I pack a little weight I feel a bit more self-conscious about my body and become reluctant to get intimate, when I eventually lose the weight I feel confident and sexy in my lingerie again which translates to a higher libido. Hope that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships