Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 05:56 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,622,505 times

Advertisements

Any decent father would who truly loves their children.

But then again there are parent who sign their children up for $40k in student loans for college while pissing away money at lotto tickets instead of saving for the tuition.

See "comical" and "decent" are subjective terms..

Honestly every time I look at my daughter I love my wife more, and we have some serious fights some times over rather petty things and YES even during those trying times it holds true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 05:58 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,622,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Just because a woman gives birth to a mans child does that automatically entitle her to his "Love" the rest of her life. He may be grateful for the kid but have no feelings for the babies momma (or vice versa).
by love I mean well wishes, cares about her well being, and will have the common courtesy of telling her he's getting married.

I don't mean candle lit dinners with dozens of roses in a big beautiful bath full of petals... this isn't ABC family channel or VH1 network show..

Old 04-28-2012, 05:59 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,203,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
If she were just a random lay who got knocked up, why would she have had a lengthy convo with his Grandma? Do you really think granny would try to guilt trip her if baby momma was some type of skank? Why would they even have each others phone njmbers? They knew each other quite well at the time of the call. They dont just know each other.from meeting once a year at family gatherings. Baby Mama was talking to an ally.
I hear what you are saying. However, IMO It doesnt matter whether she was a skank, or a good girlfriend, or not. The fact is, they broke up. He has the right to move on with his life. Once you are broken up, the things that your partner might have done for you before, they will not do. The way your partner took your feelings into consideration before you broke up, they probably wont do anymore. It's hard to deal with, isnt it?

This is the hard part of breaking up and lettting go. To think that you will get the same treatment you might have gotten before a breakup is unrealistic. The fact that she talks to his grandmother, or any family member of his, doesnt mean anything. They have a child together, so their families are joined together forever. Just because they broke up does not mean that the family should ignore her..they have a child together. She will always be a part of the family now. No problem.

However, she needs to understand that her 'status' with him as a 'romantic interest' as a woman...whatever..will never be the same. He will not show her the same consideration, love, affection, etc because he does not feel these things for her. And honestly, she doesnt have the title for that anymore. She's an ex for 4 years. That is a hard pill to swallow..but such is life. I feel he is obligated to be a good father to his child, and be civil and cordial to her, and flexible and willing to work together to raise that child.
This is all he owes her. Anything else is his choice.

She is hurt because she has not gotten over her feelings for him, or what she thought her life was going to be with him. She has not had closure. If she did, this would not have affected her so much. But, that is not his fault. He cant go through life worrying about not hurting her feelings.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:00 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strate L O S S View Post
Honestly every time I look at my daughter I love my wife more, and we have some serious fights some times over rather petty things and YES even during those trying times it holds true.
You love your wife because you love your wife. She gave you a beautiful girl which cements that bond even more.

But if you had knocked up a girl in High School after 2 dates, that kid may be the love of your life also but the mom would have no claim to your love. You might appreciate the fact you both created a beautiful kid but appreciation is far from a lifetime of love and commitment.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:01 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
She recruited a flying monkey. I suppose Grandma might have a fear that she'll be given less access to her g-grandchild since there's no chance now of her grandson marrying the girl, but she needs to be told to butt out.
If access is an issue at all, it means baby momma isnt a random lay. If she were, grandma wouldnt be talking to her.

People here think a 65 year old woman is a doddering idiot I suppose. Trust me, they know what time it is better than all of you. Granda would fear access.only if he and baby momma were living as a family unit. I would bet they.were, and since he is close to Gma, baby momma is close to her.too.

Read between the lines, folks.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:03 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
by love I mean well wishes, cares about her well being, and will have the common courtesy of telling her he's getting married.
That I can go with. I'm divorced and the mother of my 2 kids still means the world to me. She gave me 2 sons that no one else could have given.

To a degree, I'll always care for her and help her if she ever needed.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:04 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,923,817 times
Quote:
let me guess, no children ??

If a man truly loves his child, he'll always love the childs mother. And the reason is as simple as NO OTHER women would have been able to produce that child as they are today...

let me guess, no ex-wife?

Madam, I assure you, my husband loves his children- but he MOST ASSUREDLY does not love his ex- wife.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:08 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,203,194 times
Hate to say this..well not really. It's my opinion. But..this right here is why I dont like to date people with kids. Nothing but freaking drama. And these chicks think they own the guy. I got your kids..blah blah..my feelings this.....you better do this/better not do that...i want more money...you cant see your kid.......i dont want some other woman near my kids..blah blah.

Yeah..later for all that noise.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:09 PM

28 posts, read 74,902 times
Quote:
There is no indication of how long their relationship lasted nor where the birth of the baby came within it. She could have been knocked up during a one night stand, or they may have lived together for a few years before she became pregnant. You both are inventing things in order to support your own narrative.
The original post does indicate how long they were together, 6 years. She got pregnant at the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 04-28-2012, 06:14 PM

28 posts, read 74,902 times
Quote:
You could convince me that he doesn't owe child support much more easily than you can convince me that he doesn't owe her respect.

You don't know the circumstances around the pregnancy - why are so many of you speculating this much? The OP has intentionally left out this information, either because it isn't relevant or it will make us less sympathetic to her. Or perhaps because it is a huge drama she simply doesn't want to discuss. Regardless, the OP can easily explain this, but chooses not to.
What? I am the OP, I posted this. I DO KNOW the circumstances from both him and her. Why are YOU speculating, trying to make it what it's not. Not every man who has a child out of wedlock is a dead beat and don't pay child support, that would be a deal breaker as well. I don't mean to make this personal to you but you're projecting right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships