Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 10:18 AM

908 posts, read 1,119,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I'm sorry but this whole approach comes off as very awkward.

I probably wouldn't have used to term "repulsive" but you know...
I'm getting the feeling the OP was pestering the woman to hang out when she wasn't ready. I have the strong feeling the story is biased towards the side and if the woman appeared to give her side it would change everything. I'm feeling there was a little delusion involved..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 10:20 AM

908 posts, read 1,119,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
I don't agree with any of the responses. I think you creeped her out by getting her email from "a social group" and contacting her off-list.

If you see her regularly, it would have been natural to just ask her in person, no???? This whole sneak approach and the brutal rejection wouldn't have happened.

Also, what you see as "probably just about 5 years younger" may be just your wishful thinking. She is probably a LOT younger than you, but you think of yourself as young and hip (just a guess).

I have had it happen that guys creep on me like this. Simple hints in person, or any kind of polite decline sometimes just don't do the trick, and the only thing that works in this case is a FLAT-OUT NO.

(however, I would not call anyone repulsive)

She doesn't sound like a psycho to me. She sounds like someone who is tired of getting hit on by older guys. Should have stuck with the casual friendship, but sorry this happened to you anyway.

YES! I'm a man and I've heard the stories.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:38 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
My preference is in person because that allows me to get a feel for her interest.
Well, that's why we have a PERSONal life, not a TEXTual life. At least for now that is...

Old 05-01-2012, 10:39 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,211,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
I don't agree with any of the responses. I think you creeped her out by getting her email from "a social group" and contacting her off-list.

If you see her regularly, it would have been natural to just ask her in person, no???? This whole sneak approach and the brutal rejection wouldn't have happened.

Also, what you see as "probably just about 5 years younger" may be just your wishful thinking. She is probably a LOT younger than you, but you think of yourself as young and hip (just a guess).

I have had it happen that guys creep on me like this. Simple hints in person, or any kind of polite decline sometimes just don't do the trick, and the only thing that works in this case is a FLAT-OUT NO.

(however, I would not call anyone repulsive)

She doesn't sound like a psycho to me. She sounds like someone who is tired of getting hit on by older guys. Should have stuck with the casual friendship, but sorry this happened to you anyway.
So you don't think it's even remotely possible that some people are simply rude for no reason what so ever? That maybe she is just a rude and moody person?

Old 05-01-2012, 10:52 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,965,555 times
Well sometimes in life we meet people who are just plain nuts. If a person starts out in the beginning acting strage I don't think it's going to get any better.. So the next question is how is the body? If the body is bangin your not going to give up so let the drama begin..

Old 05-01-2012, 11:13 AM

31,074 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
How does that guy "go wacko"?
He just gets a hateful look on his face and rants about his terrible Ex or any previous girl whose rejected him. I'll usually stare into space and think to myself "Dude, you fiing idiot, the common denomintor is you"

Old 05-01-2012, 11:24 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,272,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
I decided to ask out this women I've chatted with and shared some laughs and dog appreciation at the dog park several times (having her email from a social group).
Did she already have your number or email address so that she knew it was actually you and not someone else who sent her the message?

Did you introduce yourself and explain who you were? Granted, if she didn't know who you were, she could have asked politely. But if she mistook you for someone else, there you go.

And honestly, could you not have found a better way to approach, like in person? Emails and messages out of the blue can creep people out. A gentleman goes out of his way to make sure he doesn't seem threatening, and the best way to do that is to have a genuine conversation.

Regardless, unless she mistook you for someone who had been pestering her for a while, she was rude.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:33 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Regardless, unless she mistook you for someone who had been pestering her for a while, she was rude.
I don't believe we should discuss her whatsoever. The text could've been sent by anybody. What if he got her number wrong in the first place?

Old 05-01-2012, 12:13 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,565,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
I decided to ask out this women I've chatted with and shared some laughs and dog appreciation at the dog park several times (having her email from a social group).

I ask her to a dog fundraiser event where you bring your dogs and compete in fun competitions like races and dress-ups. I say "thought you might like to hang out at this fun event, etc."

She responds in bold letters that she finds me repulsive and no way in hell would she ever hang out with me! [Um, OK, that would be a no...]

You have no way of knowing this were a correct email address.

I'm sure you're not the only person she chats up. Possibly couldn't put the name and face together, or simply confused you for someone else.

Honestly, I've never heard of someone this rude, unless they're trying to get rid of telemarketers, or person who harasses and stalks for dates.

The other, shes simply off her rocker.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:29 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,771,173 times
Yeah, the most simple solutions to me is that maybe she did not know who you were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships