Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 09:59 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
i don't see what's so mutual enjoyment when one person always end up getting short end of the stick.

also i still beleive they feels resentment for the reasons i state. but alright if you don't beleive it.
If you play your cards right - there is no short end of the stick!

Old 05-11-2012, 10:00 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
There are an equal amount of man-hating women offenders as there are women-hating men on these boards.
That is true. Unfortunately, most of the posters pay attention to the alleged "misogynist" posters. Misandrists are perfectly acceptable in society. A normal man says one thing, the brainwashed mainstream will gang up all over him with their typical shaming language.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:00 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
If you play your cards right - there is no short end of the stick!

don't matter what you do one person going to end up getting it. that's why most these people that gets together don't stay together. i don't see what's so enjoyable about all of that.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:03 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
don't matter what you do one person going to end up getting it. that's why most these people that gets together don't stay together. i don't see what's so enjoyable about all of that.
In happy marriages, tho, I think each will get the short end of the stick in one area or the next. My husband has to mow the lawn and take out the garbage and recycling. I don't help at all. I have to do the budget and pay the bills, even tho I hate it. There are all kinds of things like that. It's just how it goes.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:03 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
I guess I should have italicized short. I was joking.

I don't want to get into this again with you - but not every man is horrible and not every relationship is awful. My husband is a wonderful man and our marriage is awesome! My father was a wonderful man, too - and my parents were happily married for over 30 years.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
In happy marriages, tho, I think each will get the short end of the stick in one area or the next. My husband has to mow the lawn and take out the garbage and recycling. I don't help at all. I have to do the budget and pay the bills, even tho I hate it. There are all kinds of things like that. It's just how it goes.

happy marriages -- even then i'm talking about when it all fall apart (not you) one party end up really messed up usually (the woman and her kids). i don't see how any of that was even worth it then? just seem like a waste of lets say 10 years.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:07 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
not saying i am not trustworthy but that is true that you can't see me so you really should not trust me. you sound too trusting and that is dangerous. the best thing to do is trust people as far as u can throw them. that's what my mom always said....i do agree with you that men and women expect the other to make them happy. i beleive when that doesn't happen they feel duped. like they were promised something they weren't actually promised. anyways i beleive the men never happy with that status quo and grass is always greener.

sorry but we just don't live in a world where you can be trusting of strangers. get ripped off.
Your view of the world is much darker than mine---if a person is a stranger- befriend them..as for promises...and being duped...get over it- if you want to be a mentor for any of the young men and woman partaking in this thread- don't project your disappointments...the past is gone- teach them to be open and trusting---better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all----good night my friend.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I guess I should have italicized short. I was joking.

I don't want to get into this again with you - but not every man is horrible and not every relationship is awful. My husband is a wonderful man and our marriage is awesome! My father was a wonderful man, too - and my parents were happily married for over 30 years.

oh. oops sometimes i do not catch on to jokes/references

no not saying they are all awful relationship saying most of them end up awful. that is plain statistics. you and your parents that was a crapshoot in which you each 'won.' what you think the odds of that happening? it's so slim it's not even funny.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:09 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Once again, the glass is always half empty.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Once again, the glass is always half empty.

so? it's not law for it to be half full.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.