Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 02:42 PM

36,672 posts, read 30,977,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Like I said, there are exceptions. Tell me how many women out there do you see in the front lines really carrying the same weight a man carries, doing ALL exercises and training EXACTLY LIKE MEN, etc. Sure sure sure, there once upon a time there was someone named Joan of Arc and GI Jane but women in general simply CANNOT offer the same results as men when it comes to anything that requires physical strength. Just look at sports. Exceptions exist of course.

I say the same about you.
I told you women are not permitted to fight on the front line. This is not an exception, its a rule. Do you believe that is all the military does? Carrying heavy stuff? To say that military women do not offer half of what the men do, that was your words, is just an ignortant misogyny statement.

My concept of alimony is based on actual code.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 02:51 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,289,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I told you women are not permitted to fight on the front line. This is not an exception, its a rule.
And I ask you because they simply cannot hold their weight. Women have no business being int he front lines for obvious reasons.

Quote:
Do you believe that is all the military does? Carrying heavy stuff? To say that military women do not offer half of what the men do, that was your words, is just an ignortant misogyny statement
There are other things women can do in the military that do not require physical strength. Testing hundreds of women to see if there is one GI Jane out there or Joan of Arc is really a waste. Your misandry will not let you grasp this.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:31 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,756,971 times
Please don't hijack the thread, thanks.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:09 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,098,580 times
Quote:
Then a woman is not capable of the job. If my body is not capable of a job that requires physical strength then why bother? I could offer to work in other areas of that job where I could offer more instead of making them lower their standards so I don’t sue them and make be happy. Would you rather be dodging bullets and breaking into enemy buildings with a 110 pound woman who can barely carry half of what the other men are carrying and also make sure she is not hurt or with a man who qualified completely to the armed forces? I am not the strongest guy out there, yet, I won’t go for a job that goes beyond my physical capabilities and make them lower their standards (tests/exams, jobs, etc.) and then have the nerve to ask for the same paycheck the other guys get for doing the job the way they are supposed to.
There are LOTS of jobs in the military that don't require you take a bullet and be out on the front lines so I don't really understand your point. Or are you just thinking of the military in that one-dimensional POV they show on TV?

Quote:
Yes, but what did the husband do while he furthered his career? Thanks to that, the wife had a roof over her head, a car, a phone, bills paid, food, luxuries, etc. Still, the husband does not get rewarded after divorce as if what he did for the marriage was nothing. He gave part of his life to have his ex-wife provided.
Why should he get rewarded for walking out on a marriage that was supposed to be "til death do us part"???? She made a sacrifice and commitment to the unit and the family assuming those words they spoke were true. He didn't honor that...why should he be "rewarded" for that with her services??? If he wanted that lifestyle he should have thought long and hard about disolving the marriage.

Likewise, if a woman was the bread winner and he was a stay at home parent/spouse to benefit the family, and she walked out on him...I'd expect HER to pay HIM alimony as well.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:24 AM

36,672 posts, read 30,977,749 times
Quote:
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Tables have turned in U.S. divorce courts with more women paying their former husbands alimony and child support than ever before, according to U.S. lawyers. As women climb higher up the career ladder and outpace their exes in salary, when love goes wrong and marriages break up they are being compelled to contribute to the livelihood of their former spouses.
This would debunk the belief that women are looking for a mans' salary and are being provided for and men are paying for everything. It also debunks the belief that divorce laws are based on gender. As the law has been written, alimony and child support are based on salaries, contributions and custody regardless of gender so no one should be surprised that now that women are out earning men, women will be the ones to pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships