Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2013, 03:42 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,989,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
who cares? Maybe they love each other.

Stripping isn't illegal. My best friend stripped for a period of time and she's a virgin with an ivy league degree, better than 99% of the fools who may look down on her.

I wonder if you have the same judgment for the men who visit strip clubs, as i bet that if you in fact do hold that sentiment with conviction i'm sure you've never stepped into one.
bs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 03:46 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,989,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just-a-girl View Post
I am a dancer a.k.a stripper. I have been judged for my profession by my own family, friends, men and the list goes on. Your question here is, why do men date or marry strippers!!! I will leave you with my story.

Men like women who are intelligent, confident, Independent, sexy, someone who will make them feel good and give attention in many different forms, men also want a strong women.

I have all those qualities!! I as a women also want those same things from a man. Many business men come through the clubs I work at, Lawyers, cops, judges...you catch my drift??

Moral of my story is, I married a criminal Lawyer whom I love very much. We hold a strong bond and a tight relationship full of love, trust and RESPECT!! He married me 7 months after we met and yes I was still dancing. We are going on 6 years of marriage.

My husband's family doesn't respect my profession but what matters here is that I love and protect their son the way a wife should. I help him in life and he helps me and trust me it goes both ways very much so financially. He is attracted to me because I give him what no other women ever has in all his past relationships,I will never change that part of me. I love my husband and I love who I am. Many people in our town know who I am and what I do, it doesn't change a thing in either of our professions. We are told a hundred times we are a beautiful couple by many. He is a well-respected man. I own my own small business and yes I still dance on the side because it is what paid for my carrier and college, I will stop when I have what I need out of it. My husband wants me to do what helps me get through life so I have my own independence no matter what it is. We have a relationship filled of support from each other. I am a stripper and no one pays my bills but me. I am sorry a strippers job impacts the lives of insecure people.

Any man that allows his lady to take off her clothes and be nude in front of other men--not to mention grind upon them--is not a real man.

You both are likely very disturbed people who seek solace in your mutual dysfunction.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:27 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,101 times
Awful lot of judgmental people in this thread, I used to know many strippers, and some of my friends dated and a couple even married strippers.

Funny thing about those girls, they are normal people, with normal lives, and many would not even realize that a girl was a stripper if they were standing next to her in line at starbucks in the morning. Sure there are some seedy places that are little more then glorified whorehouses, but for the most part they are much like normal bars. some more upscale then others, and most are just there to provide an allusion. Most women have nothing to worry about if their spouse goes to the strip club occasionally.

Fact is the best con women I know who dress skimpy or take off their clothes for jobs are not strippers, but in fact Hooters girls. Most of the hooters girls I have ever talked to not only use the allusion of sex all day at work, but also do not make it a secret that they only date guys with big money that can provide nice cars and apartments for them. I have found most of them to be different then strippers in that most strippers actually make their own money and only want a guy who will treat them right.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:43 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
To get a green card. Ten years later, they are still together and happy.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:22 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwatcher View Post
Exactly how many men marry strippers? I don't know of any.

Someone married one of my exes who stripped after I dated her. Just a couple of nights a week. She loved it. She is a researcher for NHI and did it purely for the fun of it. I feel a bit bad for him, not because she was a stripper, but because she was horrid in bed. Such a waste of a great body.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:26 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I personally wouldn't be interested in marrying or even dating a stripper.

No moral judgments, just isn't my bag.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:27 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,272 times
I am willing to bet most strippers have daddy issues or some other issues.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:28 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Substance abuse issues as well.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:28 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post

Money issues and liking to control/tease/have power over men issues.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:32 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Money issues and liking to control/tease/have power over men issues.
Yep , I find it funny they say things like there paying for college It more like using the money for there meth and abortions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Substance abuse issues as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships