Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 07:04 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcouncil View Post
Actually, he has kids with the ex..
But guess he doesn't mind them looking up to her or whatever..
To be clear, I don't knock a females's hussle.. I simply just don't understand why a man would want to marry someone who walks around naked for *maybe* a hundred dollars or more per night..
I don't think you're wording that right. What I now get from your posts is why would anyone marry a stripper. All of this talk about this specific guy thus really doesn't matter.

The last time I had a long conversation with a stripper was at a nice ballet in Florida. She was 22, beautiful, sweet and make $120-130k per year. Why wouldn't anymore marry her?

This country is so backwards when it comes to sex. It's just a body. A boob is about the first thing we see when we come into this world. Who cares.

Perhaps the better question you need to be asking is what did your friend do so wrong that made her husband want to leave her. Have a look at the data on why men cheat. It's usually because they aren't getting affection and love and home and they aren't being appreciated.

The guy in question probably started going to strip clubs to make up for the lack of positive attention he was getting at home. He probably met one of the strippers, there was a spark there and he decided that life is too short to be in a loveless relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 07:04 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've been in strip joints probably a handful of times in my whole life.
Maybe a dozen times, total. It's more interesting when you're younger and it's a rite of passage. I remember one of the first times I went, it was in LA and there were these Japanese businessmen taking most of the seats near the catwalk. They were putting money at the edge of the catwalk, making ogling type comments in Japanese, and staring like they'd never seen a nude woman before. Maybe it's because they were Western women or something.

I think what did it for me is the recent changes in "accessories." With piercings in the wrong places, it's not something that is attractive. Sorry.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:10 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
The last time I had a long conversation with a stripper was at a nice ballet in Florida. She was 22, beautiful, sweet and make $120-130k per year. Why wouldn't anymore marry her?
Wow. Impressive money. That's for taking off her clothes and providing nothing of value to society. An EMT, for example, doesn't make that kind of money, yet saves lives...almost daily.

Why wouldn't someone marry her? Because of her life choices. There are a lot of beautiful women who wouldn't pose for a centerfold, if asked, and who wouldn't strip, despite the money. I really think that person you describe will be scrambling when her looks fade and she can't command that kind of money, unless she's got a great Plan B. Most sensible guys wouldn't want to stick around for the "lack of Plan B" scenario.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:15 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,705 times
I'm a genius and if I were in her shoes, I'd have made the exact same life choice. Damn, I'd probably do that now if I could. I'd probably have a lot better lifestyle.

Her lack of plan B wouldn't happen for a good 15 years, so I doubt that's really an issue. Other than you have some hang ups on sexuality, I don't get where the negative life choice is here. The opportunity cost for her of going to college would be more than half a million dollars. Even if she only strips until she's 35, she will have made $2M at it. She can then go get a regular job and make close to what most non-stripper make.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:25 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Wow. Impressive money. That's for taking off her clothes and providing nothing of value to society.
Nothing but pleasure and entertainment. Of course, your argument about providing nothing to society also applies to every actor and athlete!

Old 06-12-2012, 05:05 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
Strippers qualify as human beings.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:20 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
Its almost guaranteed that his marriage will end with much weeping and gnashing of teeth. Stupid is as stupid does.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:23 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,911,642 times
The only logical reason I can think of (I know, that is a real stretch) is she is making plenty of money.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:53 AM

1,785 posts, read 2,383,369 times
Strippers are human too. Is it not possible for them to love, get married, and have families? It's just a job where they pretend to be attracted to men they would never give any attention to otherwise. The women have lives outside of the strip club. I'm sure the stripper's physical appearance was a huge factor (I assume she's hot). But the man and her may also get along better or relate to each other well. Would it make you feel better if the man had left his wife for a woman who's an electrical engineer?

Old 06-12-2012, 08:08 AM

1,785 posts, read 2,383,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcouncil View Post
@himain- I guess such hostility hit a button? Never said she was a crack ***** or whatever and by all means, validate and defend your profession.. Not knocking you at all.. That's great you make $500 a night but I personally know she makes no more than $200 on a good night.. Came right out her own mouth..
Of course men go to strip clubs for many reasons, including attention and conversation they are not getting at home.. That's not my confusion..
I'm confused as to how he bashed his ex for even wearing a tight dress but doesn't mind being in a relationship with a stripper? You can say what you want but stripping is not a normal profession.. Getting naked and bemding over for pics or having people bite your ass (talking about her) is something I don't see as marriage/ling term relationship material..
That's great you make that amount of money. But my question is if a man would marry a stripper.. Not if she makes money or not..
Now you're giving more information as to why this woman is a bad pick. A lot of this should have gone into your original post so we can see the other factors, besides being a stripper, that make this lady bad news. You made it seem like stripping ipso facto made her bad.

It's obviously a varied profession and some strippers are better mates than others for the same reason that some waitresses would be better wives than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships