Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 07:31 PM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I've gone out to dinner alone, but I wouldn't go out to a bar alone because then I'm the designated driver...kind of defeats the point. When I travel alone I bring wine, a wine stopper, a bottle opener and my plastic travel glass
I like the way you roll man....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 08:22 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I like the way you roll man....
That's WOman to you!

This last trip, I didn't crack my bottle until the last night I was there...I gave it a good try but wound up falling asleep before the last glass. Had to pour it out

Old 07-16-2012, 11:37 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Because they don't want it to be seen as an invitation to men? Maybe men don't have to concern themselves with that type of thing. I think most men can sit down, enjoy a drink and have some peace and quiet...not so much for a woman, especially if she is somewhat attractive.
Agreed. But what's funny is how I would say most men WOULD LIKE for a young beautiful woman to introduce themselves to them but it just does not happen unless you're a male celebrity.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
I dont know about eating out because I rarely eat out, but I can literally not recall at all the last time I saw a woman go out to a bar or club by herself. Rarely its even in groups of 2. Its usually a huge pack. That makes me think that a good deal of women are herd animals (sheep) who always has to follow the group. ITs like if they go out alone, they acknowledge that they are a loser or something. I would appreciate the day that 90% of the women in a club didn't come in a group of 5 or more.
I failed to mention that whenever you do see a woman alone, she's always on her cell phone.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:52 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
Everyone out alone is on their cell phone.

(but they do come in especially handy when you just want to enjoy your meal/cocktail in peace and not be chatted up by someone, either because you are unavailable or not interested in that particular someone)

Old 07-16-2012, 02:53 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
I dont know about eating out because I rarely eat out, but I can literally not recall at all the last time I saw a woman go out to a bar or club by herself. Rarely its even in groups of 2. Its usually a huge pack. That makes me think that a good deal of women are herd animals (sheep) who always has to follow the group. ITs like if they go out alone, they acknowledge that they are a loser or something. I would appreciate the day that 90% of the women in a club didn't come in a group of 5 or more.
It's pretty normal for people to socialize, although women are more sociable than men. And it's just smart for a woman not to go out drinking alone. Try to use your noggin here.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
It's pretty normal for people to socialize, although women are more sociable than men. .
Only among other women, or other men they know. It's only men who socialize with not only everyone they know, but also with other strange people who they don't know.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Everyone out alone is on their cell phone.

Yea, but the difference is, say, if a man walks into a waiting area at a restaurant he will wait without pulling out his phone, a woman in the same situation, however, will pull out her phone and look into it like it's a crystal ball to make herself appear to be busy/important.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:50 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Only among other women, or other men they know. It's only men who socialize with not only everyone they know, but also with other strange people who they don't know.
Men are socializing with women they don't know because they're trying to get sex. I'm not sure that can be called socializing. And women chat up strangers frequently. It just doesn't always have a sex component.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:51 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Yea, but the difference is, say, if a man walks into a waiting area at a restaurant he will wait without pulling out his phone, a woman in the same situation, however, will pull out her phone and look into it like it's a crystal ball to make herself appear to be busy/important.
No silly, we are reading city-data!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships