Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 04:47 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post

The woman on the left is 40! Her name is Chandra Sturrup and she could out sprint 95% of the males on this forum.
Pfft, I could stomp that woman in a dash any day of the week! In fact I'm running while I type this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 04:48 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
pfft, i could stomp that woman in a dash any day of the week! In fact i'm running while i type this.
lol!!

Old 07-14-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
II'm talking average person here.
I'm talking about average people, but as far as athletes, they're not too much is different then anybody else other then they have been practicing for at least a decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I I'm pretty fit as well, though I would not consider myself an athlete. When I was 19 I could do a 3 mile run in under 15 minutes. Now it takes me about 19:30. I'm not as fast a runner anymore, but I've also made up for it in other areas of fitness. I've also changed my focus from short and fast to endurance running. Most importantly, I do not eat garbage like I used to. Remember, everyone is different. My metabolism has slowed down and I have adjusted. I'm in better all around shape now than I have ever been. But it is a result of me adjusting. To deny that people slow down in their late 20s and 30s is denying reality. Sure, we have science that helps us, but it helps us adjust. It doesn't stop the clock from taking its toll.

Like I said, you have the tool of pharmacology at your disposal. Get blood work done to make sure you're ok then from there you could cycle with compounds that will artificially speed up your metabolism and help you loose weight and build muscle. So if you're running 19:30 now, with the right training and use of various substances you could be at 15 min or under again easy. 4min is not even that much of a diffidence and from that I would guess that you're still in good shape.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
When I was personal training my women clients were either freshly broken up/ going through divorce or just had a baby.

So typical it's not even funny.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I dunno.
I do notice that when I was single, I wouldn't really think about food. It's like, "Oh, time to eat? Whatever...I'll just eat this thing real quick."
And because I had no one at home to socialize with, I spent more time at the gym and my martial arts class, etc.

Now that I have built in home entertainment, I am loathe to leave it (so I work out when she's not home)...and since I have a pal to eat with, meal times are more of an occasion. I love to cook, but I'd never do it just for myself. Now I do it all the time.

It's just different. I never went out to eat by myself. Now I have a built-in date...
I have noticed that woman rarely ever eat out by themselves. It's almost like women are afraid to be alone.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Maybe if you hail from a 3rd world country.
In a 3rd world country women have respect for men and appreciate them because life is so harsh and unforgiving they know they would not survive without them.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imokay View Post
I don't understand it either. By allowing yourself to get fat out of pure laziness, you're not only doing yourself a favor but the person you supposedly "love" too.

So I guess you could say it's because the vast majority of relationships aren't really based on "love" but putting up with each other for sex and to avoid loneliness.
Spot on!

Old 07-14-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
It's not just married people who are fat, practically everyone these days is fat. It boggles my mind. And everyone (without exception) that I know who has had the lapband always gains te weight back. They lose weight the first 1.5 years, then stretch out their stomachs again and then return to their old ways.

Self-discipline is not taught or learned these days. There's no excuse for anyone to be fat. To be thin after 40 you have to work HARD and have self-discipline. If that means getting up at 4:00 am to run 10 miles before work, you do it. I do and weigh the same as I did when I married 21 years ago. Ditto with my husband. Staying thin means constant vigilence and people are too damn lazy to bother with that.
Excellent post.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
From the article someone else posted earlier:

[/i] In contrast, men are known to get a health boost out of marriage, perhaps because their spouses monitor their behavior and eating habits, Tumin said. They lose this benefit once they divorce."
I don't see how you can get a health boost out of somebody nagging you every day. This is pure propaganda to trick men into marriage.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:35 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
In a 3rd world country women have respect for men and appreciate them because life is so harsh and unforgiving they know they would not survive without them.
In third world countries male morons rape virgins to cure themselves of AIDS. Respect? You have to be kidding. Insanity is a better descriptor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships