Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2012, 10:34 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,577,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
All your talk about how awesome stats are and you have yet to produce a single set of data to support your arguments. I could spin up some data and produce some stats on your posts and conclude that you don't seem all that bright. Any good stats professor will tell you on the first day of class that there exist lies, damn lies, and stats. Stats without context are useless. Stats designed with a certain conclusion in mind are useless. Stats in which the reader has no knowledge of how to interpret are useless.

Show us that you have some good stats, that you know how to read them, and that you know what you are talking about.
Here are your stats with some context:

FAQ « Weight Gain Within A Marriage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 10:39 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Here are your stats with some context:

FAQ « Weight Gain Within A Marriage
Did you seriously just link to a blog as research? Lol what a maroon.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:47 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,577,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Let me guess, the USA Today is also untrustworthy too

Gain a spouse and you'll likely gain some pounds, too - USATODAY.com

Old 07-13-2012, 10:50 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
A blog + USA Today? It means it's a sudden media fad.
Maybe men gain weight after marrying, because they finally have someone to cook for them, and can get off their all sandwiches all the time bachelor diet.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:56 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Let me guess, the USA Today is also untrustworthy too

Gain a spouse and you'll likely gain some pounds, too - USATODAY.com
Are you some kind of drooling numbskull or something. That examines people from late teens to early 20s. Everyone at that age gains weight.

If I wrote a blog that 100% of cancer deaths were found with oxygen in their lungs, could I get you to hold your breath?

Old 07-13-2012, 11:13 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Are you some kind of drooling numbskull or something. That examines people from late teens to early 20s. Everyone at that age gains weight.

If I wrote a blog that 100% of cancer deaths were found with oxygen in their lungs, could I get you to hold your breath?
ROFL!! C-D is always good for at least one laugh/day! ^_^

Old 07-14-2012, 06:44 AM

497 posts, read 696,873 times
Quote:
If you're going to insult someone's intelligence, you should probably learn how to spell moron.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:48 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagirlatl View Post
If you're going to insult someone's intelligence, you should probably learn how to spell moron.
LOL! Do you not know what a maroon is?

Old 07-14-2012, 07:49 AM

497 posts, read 696,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
LOL! Do you not know what a maroon is?
Yes, I know what the noun maroon means - which is how it was used - and still don't see how it relates to the post. Maybe there's an urban dictionary version that I am not familiar with or maybe it's just over my head.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:09 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,786,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Ok, this is embarrassing but I'll tell you guys anyway. I'm 5'7 and weighed 150 when I met my husband, which isn't thin but didn't look bad because of the way my weight gets distributed on my body. When I got pregnant, I swear the censor in my brain that tells you you are full stopped working. I never ever felt full, it was very strange. I gained about 90 pounds! So after I had my son and felt up to it I started working out and got down to 175 and was still trying to lose but got pregnant again. I gained about 40 with that pregnancy. With 2 small children it got harder to exercise and I also had PPD for about a year. I always had spurts with working out so I'd loose some weight but then something would happen and I'd stop. Luckily I never gained back what I lost and would stay where I stopped.

Today I am 168, ugh, but that's way better than the weight I was before. I'm still recovering from a major surgery I had in May due to some complications. Hopefully in two weeks I'll finally get clearance to be able to exercise the way I want to again. Everyone cross your fingers for me, please. Since I haven't worked out in a while I'm going to have to build my endurance back up but once I do I want to train for the Warrior Dash. Those things look like a ton of fun! Youtube it if you don't know what I'm talking about. I can't wait to be able to hike again and build up to running. It's not that I'm oblivious to my body and the healthy changes that need to be made but sometimes life gets in the way, like this surgery I just had. I don't really have a goal size or weight, I just want to get strong and healthy.
Hang I'm there, head over to the exercise forum for some motivation. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships