Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2012, 06:05 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,609,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
So long as they have the 2.5 kids that is socially acceptable.

I've had so many comments thrown at me for having 4 children. Seriously, people ask personal questions that are absolutely none of their business.
Really? Well, i think that blows. People should just mind their own business at times, instead of trying to be critical of anyone who doesnt fit status quo.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:09 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,082,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Really? Well, i think that blows. People should just mind their own business at times, instead of trying to be critical of anyone who doesnt fit status quo.

It's a reflection on them, not me, so it doesn't really bother me.
It's entertaining when they can come up with something unique to say, but those comments are few and far between.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:12 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,699,143 times
Quote:
At least in the US, it's so abnormal to not reproduce so I do find it hard to believe that people can get condemned or critical of someone who is reproducing.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:17 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,011,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
At least in the US, it's so abnormal to not reproduce so I do find it hard to believe that people can get condemned or critical of someone who is reproducing.
You think it's abnormal? Maybe unusual....but even then.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
You think it's abnormal? Maybe unusual....but even then.
I would say in general that society's majority view is that not reproducing is considered to be abnormal or you have issues or it's just a "temporary phase". People can very condescending toward chilfree people so the childfree people who get backed into a corner lashes out as expected. Unfortunate but expected.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:26 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,609,636 times
Quote:
Actualy, US is ranked #146 in child birth rate per 1k population, so our birth rate is actualy way down the list. Not to take this thread off topic, but notice that at the top of the list are the poorest 3rd world countries. IMO alot of that has to do with high infant death rates due to poor conditions as well as children dying at a young age for similar reasons, and families wanting to preserve their bloodlines. Traditionaly, its the poorest and those with lowest IQ that have the most kids, which doesnt really speak well for our future - movie idiocracy comes to mind. Of course this doesnt fit into this thread very well, and by no means am i insinuating that those who have many kids are dumb or poor, just stating some facts and showing a different angle.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat.../2054rank.html

Old 07-23-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Actualy, US is ranked #146 in child birth rate per 1k population, so our birth rate is actualy way down the list. Not to take this thread off topic, but notice that at the top of the list are the poorest 3rd world countries. IMO alot of that has to do with high infant death rates due to poor conditions as well as children dying at a young age for similar reasons, and families wanting to preserve their bloodlines. Traditionaly, its the poorest and those with lowest IQ that have the most kids, which doesnt really speak well for our future - movie idiocracy comes to mind. Of course this doesnt fit into this thread very well, and by no means am i insinuating that those who have many kids are dumb or poor, just stating some facts and showing a different angle.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat.../2054rank.html
I'm not talking about reproducing at such an exponential rate but it puts a lot of pressure on people to at least have one.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:30 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,465,558 times
there are a lot of rotten mothers out there. but like some other segments of society they cleave to a sacred status that is beyond reproach. dirty laundry discussions are not allowed.
this group would have you believe all CPS investigations are caused by archie bunker.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:35 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,829,068 times
My relationship with my spouse was not ideal- My kids were worth the sacrifice- They are all talented and good people- the world is better with the four of them in it- If I was to have listened to my mother who said..."who is going to feed them...where are you going to get the money....don't look to me for help-tell her to get an abortion"- Dear old mum in time took back these words...Kid are an adventure- you learn to think of someone else other than yourself- plus they are insurance...

When you are old and feeble...no matter how much money you have you will still suffer abuse at the hands of strange care givers....with kids you have protection- I protected them. They protect me..that's the deal...I was an advocate for my parents when they were dying and my kids will advocate for me......unless it is my oldest daughter who has a nasty sense of humor..

"No woman for you dad...how would you like to end up in one of those homes...the kind you see on 60 Minutes" Or the second daughter who took the 18 year old dog and buried it out in the woods....still not sure how she put it to sleep- that one I have to watch,,,,,, lol
The two sons..........................well it's great to sit down and play some music with them- so cool to be a musical dad and jam with the boys. I am broke but I am rich,.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:40 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,011,493 times
Quote:
I would say in general that society's majority view is that not reproducing is considered to be abnormal or you have issues or it's just a "temporary phase". People can very condescending toward chilfree people so the childfree people who get backed into a corner lashes out as expected. Unfortunate but expected.
I have no kids and am not looking to have them. I get the criticism, I just don't react. Consider the source, you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships