Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2012, 07:18 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,744,516 times

Advertisements

That blank stare is me around children. Actually that's me most of the time; I just don't change my facial expression very often, and when I do it's nothing drastic. I think that's one reason I have trouble communicating with children, but I also just don't know how to talk to them. Most people talk to children differently than the way they speak to adults, but I can't do that. So when I try to talk to a kid, I don't speak any differently than when I'm talking to an adult. Combine that with my rather expressionless face, and I imagine I come off as freaking creepy. But I can't help it; that's just the way I am.

Aside from that, I don't make much money, but I at least get to use what little I make to take care of myself. Maybe that sounds selfish, but I think it would be more selfish to bring a child into the world knowing beforehand that that child will basically live in poverty, because while I make enough to support myself comfortably, I don't make anywhere near enough to give a child a decent life. Unless I married a woman who made a LOT more than me, which doesn't seem likely.

lampllight this is exactly my thinking too. i explained this to my folks when they were alive but their response was always "so your wife will work too". they didn't understand how overwhelming it is

i remember i felt uncomfortable with my nephew when he was younger but now he's 7 and i feel comfortable interacting now.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:19 PM

not sure if all kids would interpret the straight face as creepy tho. some might like the affectless look

Old 07-23-2012, 07:20 PM

i never felt ready for that kind of life. i have too many hangups and issues that never got resolved. not fair to me or the kid

Old 07-23-2012, 07:22 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,947,207 times
It's a shame that smart people are smart enough to know how much having kids ruins your life. That's why people continue to get dumber

Old 07-23-2012, 07:25 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,885,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I told him if he felt the need to ever marry me that I want to keep my last name, don't want a ceremony (besides a courtroom) and I would need him to sign a prenup. I think with all of those things in place that he decided we can just live forever without any need to define our relationship in terms of anything then what it feels like for us. It works.
Someone didn't watch enough Disney movies as a child . You mean that you didn't fantasize about "the dress" growing up? You are a different type of girl, that's for sure. I mean that in the most complimentary manner possible. Good luck findly. I thoroughly enjoyed trying to figure you out.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:25 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,314,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
It's a shame that smart people are smart enough to know how much having kids ruins your life. That's why people continue to get dumber
Have noticed some interesting tendencies among those who chose to have kids and those who don't. Wont even begin to bring that up as I am smart enough to know sh*t will hit the fan and this thread will be closed.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:27 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,707,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Isn't that a funny coincidence the ones that really should reproduce don't because they actually weigh out the pros and cons. They come to the conclusion that it's not for them. The parents will just reproduce haphazardly.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:27 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,314,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Someone didn't watch enough Disney movies as a child . You mean that you didn't fantasize about "the dress" growing up? You are a different type of girl, that's for sure. I mean that in the most complimentary manner possible. Good luck findly. I thoroughly enjoyed trying to figure you out.
Dont try. I'm a conundrum, but I have my reasons for not wanting to get married or have kids which are thoroughly justified and believe it or not there are quite a few women (more than you would think) out there who dont want marriage or kids. It wil soon become less of an oddity then everyone makes it out to be.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:38 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,885,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Great point. In a world with such debt, men like Jerry Sandusky and James E. Holmes, I think I would feel guilty for bringing someone into this mess of a place.
Does the beauty not outweigh the tragedy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Isn't that a funny coincidence the ones that really should reproduce don't because they actually weigh out the pros and cons. They come to the conclusion that it's not for them. The parents will just reproduce haphazardly.
There are some things in life that aren't meant to be analyzed from a purely analytical standpoint. How dull would life be if people didn't act on their emotions from time to time? That's my view of hell. A world void of emotion. A denial of what makes us human to begin with.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:41 PM

629 posts, read 1,235,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Sounds like the movie "Idiocracy". It's a race to save humanity then. The "smart" people better start procreating before this world is flooded with idiots!

Love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships