Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2012, 07:45 PM

37,722 posts, read 46,178,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Does the beauty not outweigh the tragedy?

There are some things in life that aren't meant to be analyzed from a purely analytical standpoint. How dull would life be if people didn't act on their emotions from time to time? That's my view of hell. A world void of emotion. A denial of what makes us human to begin with.
I believe it does. If I didn't, I think I'd just crawl into a hole and stay there.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:47 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,031,783 times
Quote:
Someone didn't watch enough Disney movies as a child . You mean that you didn't fantasize about "the dress" growing up?
I really don't think it's that uncommon. I never even gave a wedding or a dress a second thought growing up. It's all very fantasy land as far as I'm concerned. I was engaged and it was a daily struggle for me not to run from it.

Open up your world a bit. You'll be surprised what you find.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:47 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,707,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
Sounds like the movie "Idiocracy". It's a race to save humanity then. The "smart" people better start procreating before this world is flooded with idiots!

Love it.
It already is flooded with idiots, nutjobs and downright evil people. Every time I see a parent controlling a kid using a kid leash or being a nuisance in a public area.

The only thing I can think is that parenting is such a joy! I love my money. I love my time. I love my personal space. I definitely love my sleep. Kids compromise all of those things and there is no tangible reward that I can deduce from such sacrifices. Don't worry you probably breed enough to cover for you and me.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
I want that father son/daughter bond. I felt it as a child and I want to experience it as a parent. It's powerful. I wish every child was able to feel it growing up. Just thinking about it chokes me up. All the memories. I wouldn't trade them for all the riches in the world and that's the God's honest truth in how I feel about it. This is why it's so hard for me to "get" why someone who found their perfect partner wouldn't want to have a child of their own.
Ya know I never had that with either of my parents. My sister did, and my brother did somewhat. But not me. However, somehow I ended up with a son that I could not imagine having a better bond with. He has been the very essence of the joy in my life for the past 19 years. We've traveled the world and shared so much...I just am so grateful for him. When I was younger, before I had my son, I never in a million years thought that I would feel this way.

All that said, I totally understand those that don't want the responsibility. That is why I don't want any pets.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:49 PM

629 posts, read 1,235,015 times
Quote:
Does the beauty not outweigh the tragedy?

There are some things in life that aren't meant to be analyzed from a purely analytical standpoint. How dull would life be if people didn't act on their emotions from time to time? That's my view of hell. A world void of emotion. A denial of what makes us human to begin with.
This I agree with. Logic can only get you so far. Many people are missing out on fulfilling life experiences because they are "too smart" to take the risk.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:53 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,314,138 times
Quote:
This I agree with. Logic can only get you so far. Many people are missing out on fulfilling life experiences because they are "too smart" to take the risk.
Oh, I'm a risk taker. I have taken more risks in my life then anyone I know. Some bit me in the a** and some worked out marvelously. I am smart enough to know marriage and kids is WAAAAYY too big of a risk (and involves someone besides myself) to take for me personally though. It's a lifetime risk, with no guarantee of happiness or a happy ending.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:54 PM

629 posts, read 1,235,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
It already is flooded with idiots, nutjobs and downright evil people. Every time I see a parent controlling a kid using a kid leash or being a nuisance in a public area.

The only thing I can think is that parenting is such a joy! I love my money. I love my time. I love my personal space. I definitely love my sleep. Kids compromise all of those things and there is no tangible reward that I can deduce from such sacrifices. Don't worry you probably breed enough to cover for you and me.
Looks like you failed to save humanity. Maybe you can still do something. So with such an idiot and evil filled world what will you do?

Old 07-23-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
there is no tangible reward that I can deduce from such sacrifices.
You are right...there is no "tangible" reward. No one could ever express the reward to you...you would have to experience it. I'm not pushing parenthood - not at all...I'm just saying...don't think that anyone can ever talk you into it by defining the joys and benefits. It just can't be done.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:58 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,885,842 times
Quote:
That's the true beauty in life. People telling the odds to **** off and doing something great despite it being viewed as a senseless endeavor. Actually having the courage to live out your dreams. That's heroic to me.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:59 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,314,138 times
Quote:
That's the true beauty in life. People telling the odds to **** off and doing something great despite it being viewed as a senseless endeavor. Actually having the courage to live out your dreams. That's heroic to me.
And some people's dreams involve marriage and kids and some people's dreams do not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships