Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 07:19 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
League 1:
Pretty women. Extra toppings like sizeable bazookas, bite-worthy booties, lush hair, good eyes, either well-educated or sane. Good make-up skills. Manageable credit card bills and debt.
Overweight tolerance range in this league: 0 to 25lbs

League 2:
Same as league 1 but aged. The only downgrading factor of this troop is its age. But like swiss cheese, they may get better with age, depends on the individual man as to how well he chews them or what kind of sandwich he wants.
Overweight tolerance range in this league: 0 to 35lbs

League 3:
Fatties. Clearly north of 75 pounds overweight. It takes a real man to set foot into this territory. These real men mostly happen to be north of 40 years of age. They say with age comes wisdom.
Overweight tolerance range in this league: Tolerance impossible.

League 4:
Single moms. Takes another form of real men to step in here.

Huh? Lol

Old 08-05-2012, 07:49 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,375,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I thought I was a 6/7 at one point, but I was told VERY bluntly by some old coworkers that I'm firmly a 4. They actually had a debate over it right in front of me.

So, my league is slightly below average. If you want to know, ask some guys what they think, especially if they've known you a long time and have some booze in them. They'll tell you the truth, but you may not like it.
JJ, I think you are a 9. Shoot. You are a 10.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:59 AM

I think you are where you put yourself on any given day. If you go out in a slump, feeling down, looking down, head held low...not good.

Head held high with confidence, much better.

It's not all about looks. People flock to people who exhibit confidence. I have no idea what 'league' I'm in. I don't really care, either. What I do know, is that if I am in a good mood, smiling with my head held high, people are much more receptive to me.

No one wants to be around some down in the dumps complaining person.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
There are a number of us guys who are not in any league and are thankful to meet women who are not self-obsessed morons.
Nice statement.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:07 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,405,624 times
Geez, I have self esteem issues, but I've never thought of myself in a specific league. Either I liked a guy because I was attracted to him and wondered if it would be mutual, but that's pretty much where it ended in my mind. Or maybe I never gave it any thought because I assumed most men weren't or wouldn't be interested in me, but yet I still never "ranked" myself.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:10 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Geez, I have self esteem issues, but I've never thought of myself in a specific league. Either I liked a guy because I was attracted to him and wondered if it would be mutual, but that's pretty much where it ended in my mind. Or maybe I never gave it any thought because I assumed most men weren't or wouldn't be interested in me, but yet I still never "ranked" myself.
Yeah, that's how I've always approached it, too. It's "I like him, does he like me back?" and not who's "higher" or "lower" whatever that means.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Based on your posts alone, I'd think you were a 7 or an 8, JetJockey. You're smart, tough, and know what you want. You're also not crazy.

Nyanna, my guess is you are much better looking than you think you are, but you lack the self confidence and social talent to do much with it. You're also probably very young or just immature. Now don't crumble just yet. At least you've found a place where people are wiling to talk to you and give advice.

Most of your problems are fixable. Find a good role model, an older woman who has had some success in life. She'll show you how to do.
I think this is a good post. I agree on both accounts.\

As far as Nyanna is concerned, I would have to agree with you. She looks to be fairly young and looking at what society says is beautiful and leaving herself below what society says is good.

If I worried about what society thinks, I may as well start digging my grave now. To hell with society and what they think!

Start with a smile and go from there, Nyanna! =)

Old 08-05-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I don't think I have ever seen you, but when I read your posts, I normally think of a beautiful, intelligent woman.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:12 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I think you are where you put yourself on any given day. If you go out in a slump, feeling down, looking down, head held low...not good.

Head held high with confidence, much better.

It's not all about looks. People flock to people who exhibit confidence. I have no idea what 'league' I'm in. I don't really care, either. What I do know, is that if I am in a good mood, smiling with my head held high, people are much more receptive to me.

No one wants to be around some down in the dumps complaining person.
Thats a really good point. How you carry yourself, is often the difference between being approached by the opposite sex and meeting new people in general versus being completely ignored. Chin up, shoulder blades back, tall posture, smile, lotsa eye contact - and walk around like you just won a lottery, and you wouldnt believe how people will gravitate towards you.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:26 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
JJ, I think you are a 9. Shoot. You are a 10.
Agreed. JJ is a hottie. Her co-workers are crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships