Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 10:51 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times

Advertisements

The OP adding a photo and receiving feedback from those of us who take the time to look at her photo would not answer her question. It is not like we could take a look at a photo and say authoritatively, "OP, you are a 7.36!"

OP, leagues are a fictitious and immature way to categorize people. Don't buy into it. So many posters have said that confidence, assertiveness, kindness is what makes someone special. I agree with them. Your physical appearance may be what initially draws someone to you, but it is your personality that will carry you through the long haul.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:56 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I never had any intentions on posting my photo. You just want to see what I look like so you can taunt me everytime I make a thread
Yeah, that's why I keep saying don't post your picture here. Post it somewhere else, on some other site.

I am truly a sick individual.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:03 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Since its hard for women to know what league they are in because very good looking men often lower their standards for sex...what are other ways for a woman to know what type of guys are in her league??
You can't know for the reasons you said. So it's the one who treats you the best.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:05 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVanNostren View Post
I was careful with my wording for a reason.

"Many guys will pass on the hot girl with the snotty look on her face and go for the cute girl with personality."

I didn't say "fat", I said "cute" because you're right...often a guy will go for the snotty hot girl over the friendly fat girl.

It is often harder for an overweight/obese girl in that many guys prefer thinner women. I'm not going to state otherwise. All I'm saying is that, yes, looks are important to men, but attitude can carry a long way.

As I've often said, I have a female friend who is overweight and dates a lot because she gives off a positive vibe. I have a female friend who is overweight (and has a cuter face) who rarely dates because she's an entitled b**ch.

Agreed.

I don't respond to 'wordlife' I choose to use 'ignore function' for his/her messages on the forum here....anyways, I know you didn't say 'fat,' I was just saying it is something that men and some women wave around here and it's bullsh*t IMO. I know it is B.S. from personal experience (which I'm not going to go into) I will stand by what I said -- they talk a good game about wanting certain attitudes over other things and that's not the case IRL. It's just not. All that does is keep halfway decent women thinking they have a 'fair' chance with men if they have 'nice' attitudes and it's B.S. I seen it play out a million times with different women, some of them on this forum too. JJ seems to have what all these people call a 'nice personality' -- so what's her excuse? Exactly. She's not the only one either that has this 'issue.' Once most women realize it has less to do with whatever 'little miss sunshine' vibe they think they're putting off and more to do with how good they look -- then they can be more realistic.

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 08-05-2012 at 11:13 AM..

Old 08-05-2012, 11:06 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,421,251 times
Quote:
I never had any intentions on posting my photo. You just want to see what I look like so you can taunt me everytime I make a thread

Very insightful

Old 08-05-2012, 11:11 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
What is a good looking man to you? How does he look like?

I don't know. Attractive. What most women would consider to be an attractive man, I think if you look at a picture of a guy most women would agree whether he is ugly or not. I don't really 'register' their levels of attractiveness anymore at this point, just take note of it from time to time.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:22 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
It wouldn't make any difference if everyone said she was a 10. In her own mind she's unattractive. When you have that low a self esteem you need to start working on yourself.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:25 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
It wouldn't make any difference if everyone said she was a 10. In her own mind she's unattractive. When you have that low a self esteem you need to start working on yourself.

*virtual high five*

Old 08-05-2012, 11:35 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I don't respond to 'wordlife' I choose to use 'ignore function' for his/her messages on the forum here
good looking out on the rep point though

Old 08-05-2012, 11:39 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times
I wanted to know is your league based on the type of men who approach you? the type of men who will socialize with you??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.