Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 08:31 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times

Advertisements

Are you on the team Peaches?

Dottie?
All the way Mae?
Kid?

Old 08-05-2012, 08:34 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,372,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Thats a really good point. How you carry yourself, is often the difference between being approached by the opposite sex and meeting new people in general versus being completely ignored. Chin up, shoulder blades back, tall posture, smile, lotsa eye contact - and walk around like you just won a lottery, and you wouldnt believe how people will gravitate towards you.
Exactly. You can go to any public place and have a seat and watch people and their interactions and you will see this. Mall, Starbucks, wherever.

People want to be around positive energy. We reflect what we see. If you are at a cash register, for instance, and one of you smiles, most always, the other will as well.

If you stay around negative energy, most assuredly, you will have it as well.

Andy Grammer - Keep Your Head Up - YouTube

When this song comes on, and I am driving along in my Jeep thinking of all my troubles, sporting a frown....I can't help but smile......

I wear happy waaaaaay better than sad.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:45 AM

753 posts, read 1,483,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yeah, it's not a good feeling. Especially when they're using other female coworkers as examples of why I'm not attractive.

'Oh, but Sarah has such a nice butt, she's obviously an 8. You, on the other hand, don't. You're a 3"

"Angie has great boobs, not too big, not too small, yours are too big, she's a 7 you're a 4"

Etc etc.

It wasn't a great day, let's just say that.
Sexual harassment, anyone?

Old 08-05-2012, 09:06 AM

37,624 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Since its hard for women to know what league they are in because very good looking men often lower their standards for sex...what are other ways for a woman to know what type of guys are in her league??

You poor poor woman.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:07 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
[/b]

Huh? Lol
A real man is a complex phenomenon which has always intrigued the crocodile.

He may have to study a few BBWs who also happen to be moms before attempting to define the phenomenon for the use of humanity and posterity.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:25 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,721 times
Default Hiya Jet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yeah, it's not a good feeling. Especially when they're using other female coworkers as examples of why I'm not attractive.

'Oh, but Sarah has such a nice butt, she's obviously an 8. You, on the other hand, don't. You're a 3"

"Angie has great boobs, not too big, not too small, yours are too big, she's a 7 you're a 4"

Etc etc.

It wasn't a great day, let's just say that.
I have a couple suggestions on how your day then could have gone much better

As soon as those fellas started spouting numbers, you should have responded 'hey guys maybe I'm really a TWO!' then proceeded to give their ignorant a**es the double-bird...or you could have said 'well, that's just ducky...too bad no one gave your mothers a rating!'

Leagues are bulls**t, and are for athletes to worry about...I sure as hell am not gonna sit on my duff and say 'woe is me' and not even TRY to approach a woman...if I do approach, and my approach is met with disdain, or ignored, I'm not gonna go home and curl into the fetal position in my basement and suck my thumb, and have a marathon pity-party---life is too short, and I have too damn much else to do than waste time worrying about what 'league' I'm in

I have a rather short and brutal philosophy about people's opinion of me, and it goes like this---I will walk through this world with my back straight, my head high, and act like I have a purpose and a set of goals...if you want to sit on your a** and snicker and rate me on a scale of one to ten, go right ahead...you have that kind of time to waste, and I don't...I like WHO I am, and WHAT I am, and WHERE I'm going

I am going to speak my mind, about WHAT I want, WHEN I want, and live my life according to MY goals and desires, not some chicken-s**t rating system that says I should not even move my lips to speak to someone, because she's 'not in my league'...and if you have a problem with me being me, and think I should just stay in the dark and be silent because I don't 'measure up', then, as I said in another post in another thread recently, then you can 'kiss my a** twice a day Monday thru Friday, and three times a day on weekends and holidays'

Maybe you might not agree with what I just typed, but I'll bet if more people took that approach instead waking up like james Brown in a cold sweat at three in the morning, worrying about what 'league' they're in or the 'league' that those they want to approach are in, then the world would run much more smoothly, without a lot of unnecessary drama...just sayin'

Old 08-05-2012, 09:49 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,784,969 times
Quote:
Since its hard for women to know what league they are in because very good looking men often lower their standards for sex...what are other ways for a woman to know what type of guys are in her league??
The internet is an excellent place to post pictures of yourself and get brutally honest anonymouse feedback.

Not a popular opinion, I'm sure, but if you're going to waste so much energy worrying about what people think of your looks anyway, might as well take the plunge and put yourself out there for critical review. Then you'll know and you can move on.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:57 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,121,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
The internet is an excellent place to post pictures of yourself and get brutally honest anonymouse feedback.

Not a popular opinion, I'm sure, but if you're going to waste so much energy worrying about what people think of your looks anyway, might as well take the plunge and put yourself out there for critical review. Then you'll know and you can move on.
I'd rather not. I just don't think it's safe, so many people pictures end up in the wrong hands.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:04 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,784,969 times
Quote:
I'd rather not. I just don't think it's safe, so many people pictures end up in the wrong hands.
So you don't have any sort of social media account? Facebook? Twitter? You don't have any friends or family members with accounts like these that might post a picture of you on their accounts. Those sites are no safer than a random message board.

Don't do it here, there are infinitely many sites and forums where you could post a picture for public opinion. Post it via a photosharing site and then, when you've gotten all the opinions you care to read, break the link and delete the photo.

Sure, someone could have saved the photo to their computer to use for nefarious means, but the chances of that are slim and considering the amount of time you spend obsessing over how your looks affect your dating life, it's worth it just to save you some time.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:29 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
Quote:
I don't see how it's unsafe. We're not talking about posting naked pics. Of course, you could do that too on body rating sites. Just crop your head out of the photo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.