Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 03:17 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I sent him a long message asking what he desired in a mate and told him what I desired, along with my interests. He read it on a Monday after I sent it that day and deleted in on Wednesday. That upset me and he was the last guy I sent a message to.
I would advise against sending long first messages. Wait to see if they write back first and then send a longer message. I rarely message men first unless they really get my attention. Recently, I sent a short message to a guy who I thought was attractive and seemed decent enough. I did not get a response back, so I left it at that. Well, like 5 days later I did get a response which was a surprise. I sent him back a short message without asking any more questions because I figured he might've just responded to be polite, but wasn't really interested. I didn't get a response...until like 4 days later, but he did put some effort into the message to ask questions and keep the conversation going. Still I'm thinking, this guy is either ridiculously busy or just not interested enough. So after I responded to that message, I finally got a message back within 24 hours. Woohoo! I thought about waiting 5 days to respond to him, but I just don't operate that way. Oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 03:34 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
There are alot of women out there who are below 5s but they think they are look and are hotter than a ten. Alot of women have their egos through the roof and their self esteem on cloud 9 when they go for the hottest guy online. This is from my observation and experience.

Yeah I've seen that a lot on POF they tend to only go after the guys who look like models. I'm not perfect but I know I'm not a dog either. I'm not looking for perfection & I state that in my profile all I ask is for them to be themselves. I also see women on these sites who think they are still in their 20's they tend to be the worst..In the same sentence they say they want a man of God while showing pictures of them sucking on their fingers or showing A LOT of cleavage.
And they wonder why some men only expect sex from them.. I'm sure women see much of the same thing.

Last edited by reed067; 08-29-2012 at 03:45 PM..

Old 08-29-2012, 03:43 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,739 times
unfortuneately, there is way more competition for men online than there is for women

Old 08-29-2012, 03:45 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I do believe I am done with this online dating crap. You send a few messages back & forth ask to meet them & that's the point of it right? To meet someone to see if there is anything there?? So what gives why the heck join one of these sites & not tend to move forward???? At least people in bars/clubs will walk up to you or your able to walk up to them.. This is like peeing against the wind you can do it but it doesn't do a lot of good. I'm not pefect & I can admit that but geesh give a guy a chance.
Anyone else have this problem?

Yes this is another online dating bites thread.
Are you well built?

Old 08-29-2012, 03:50 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Yeah I've seen that a lot on POF they tend to only go after the guys who look like models. I'm not perfect but I know I'm not a dog either. I'm not looking for perfection & I state that in my profile all I ask is for them to be themselves. I also see women on these sites who think they are still in their 20's they tend to be the worst..In the same sentence they say they want a man of God while showing pictures of them sucking on their fingers or showing A LOT of cleavage.
And they wonder why some men only expect sex from them..

This is the reason why I dont take online dating seriously and others should do the same. Online dating should be minor and complement real world dating to a lesser extent. Most women if you can use photoshop or some other adobe software try and remove the makeup on these women faces and you really see how ugly they really look when their mask is gone. I dont do POF but I do use Badoo, on average I would hit up maybe ten women a week and maybe get two responses back from them. In those two responses if the chemistry and the connection during the conversation is there, maybe a spark will light up. Online dating I try to have fun with it and not take it seriously. Like I said before she is like what she wants. If a woman wants a handsome good looking guy more than anything else so be it, let these women share these guys and watch the guy pick up some std and spread amongst these shallow herd of women, they dont derserve this but its a consiquence of their dating prefences. As for women wanting a man of god, I think thats true, sadly enough from my perspective men with tattoos of Christ, or born again Muslims have all been locked up in Prison but these women still want them. Women adore spirtuality. IF women had a choice they would rather sleep with Jesus over Athiest Billionaire Bill Gates. For me its more rewarding for meeting women on the street and see if anything spark. The past women few women I met online were single moms, some did have great personalities though but we did not see eye to eye on many levels.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Are you well built?

Not at the moment I gained a lot of weight while I was married. I've lost a LOT of it still got more to go. When I not perfect I'm not talking about my bulid but overall if anything I'm being honest I'm not a car salesmen. We all have our faults but I do focus on what is postive. If they can look past what's left of my weight to lose then great if not they can get stuffed.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
. IF women had a choice they would rather sleep with Jesus over Athiest Billionaire Bill Gates..

I agree with you other then this last part.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:08 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
I agree with you other then this last part.
It was a bit too extreme.

Old 08-29-2012, 05:07 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
How much time did you give it? It took me over 6 months before things really got going well, and I was able to get dates pretty consistently. A lot depends on your expectations and how you approach it - it is not a good way for everyone, especially if they are good at meeting people in "real" life.
Same for me. It took me 7 months before I met my sweetie. I gave up at 6 and then was so nosy I had to pay another month to see the things people had sent me after my subscription ended.

Old 08-29-2012, 05:21 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times
I was getting my inbox filled within 5 miinutes of sign up. I got enough dates for the whole year now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships