Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2012, 10:58 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,152,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
We actually had a very mutual breakup, shook hands and everything He was just very set in his ways and very concerned with what his friends thought of him. He thought that me bringing cookies was embarrassing and juvenile, he didn't see it as a nice gesture.

Plus, I was paying the majority of the bills at that point because I made more than twice what he did...there's no way he would have broken up with me. He waited for me to get fed up and bring it up.
EH! Be thankful you dumped him! He sounds like an ungrateful ___.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 04:40 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Here is another concern for me talking to this one women & so far so good she is very attractive & wants to meet. While I don't knock what other people believe I know sooner or later she is going to bring the subject up. Me being one of those OTHER religions I am hoping that she is more tolerant then others. Religion seems to come into play on some of these sites as well. Finding those who believe as I do is hard enough but in sites like POF or Ok Cupid is impossible. While there are dating sites for people like me. So when you get on those sites more likey everyone is a good distance from you, no more LDR for me I've learned my lesson this time.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:26 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Here is another concern for me talking to this one women & so far so good she is very attractive & wants to meet. While I don't knock what other people believe I know sooner or later she is going to bring the subject up. Me being one of those OTHER religions I am hoping that she is more tolerant then others. Religion seems to come into play on some of these sites as well. Finding those who believe as I do is hard enough but in sites like POF or Ok Cupid is impossible. While there are dating sites for people like me. So when you get on those sites more likey everyone is a good distance from you, no more LDR for me I've learned my lesson this time.
You need to understand for most women in general the idea of faith and spirtuality is important as well as a guy being able to comnect with them on a spirtual level. why do you think women follow things such as the horoscope. Dont get me wrong Im an self professed athiest which might be a turn off for some women. If anything I just go back to being a lapsed catholic.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:32 AM

[quote=Bronxguyanese;25886851 If anything I just go back to being a lapsed catholic.[/quote]

Not an Athiest myself I am a Pagan which makes me worse then you are. I refuse to convert to be with someone. I don't think anyone should have to believe or not believe to be with another.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:06 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Not an Athiest myself I am a Pagan which makes me worse then you are. I refuse to convert to be with someone. I don't think anyone should have to believe or not believe to be with another.
I like paganism too, I find Hercules as my personal patron. But I know for many females a man of God is important to them eventhough he may have been in jail so many times with tattoo of the true cross on his wrist.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:25 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
Quote:
I do believe I am done with this online dating crap. Anyone else have this problem?
No, because I've never used a dating service. Then again, I've been with the same guy for 27 years, but I didn't meet him through an arranged service -- nor did I meet any of the many others I dated before he came into my life.

The secret to meeting interesting and attractive people is to do the things that interest you, and show interest in others. If you want to attract people into your life, be attractive to them. In other words, pay attention to them and find THEM interesting.

Caution: this may result in you making more friends, in general, as well.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:36 AM

864 posts, read 1,454,966 times
Just for the fun of it, I put identical profiles up on OKCupid and POF (I've read a lot about them on this forum). This should be interesting! lol

Old 08-31-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
Just for the fun of it, I put identical profiles up on OKCupid and POF (I've read a lot about them on this forum). This should be interesting! lol

My profile on both is the same as well. I see the same people on both sites.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:33 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I LOVE cooking and baking. In fact, since I moved home to save money before I move I've been cooking nearly every night and it's been wonderful.

Yeah, he was irritated, called me clingy (this was at least 2 years into our relationship) and his coworkers at all the cookies while I seethed. At least they appreciated it...I even cut them into tennis shapes because he worked at a tennis place.
That dud is a jerk, darlin'. You deserve much better...

Old 08-31-2012, 09:45 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
I did that with OKC and Match to compare free vs paid. The only difference was I put widowed on Match and single on OKC (widowed wasn't an option). The results were about the same-averaged less than one profile view per day on both but overall had more looks on OKC, nothing more than a couple of e-mails exchanged on both sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships