Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2012, 08:58 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
No - the difference is that I don't surround myself with the guys that try to pick me up. I've met my share of liars and creeps - I just had no interest in them. Life's too short to have undesirable people in your life.

I didn't purposely surround myself with those men, they were just...around. Still, I say it's just luck you say you have a 'decent' husband or whatever. Most of them are not like that, plain and simple. I agree to get rid of undesirable people in life, it's best not to be bother trusting too many people, period. Most people is just no good. if you are nice to them they try and takes advantage of you, can't win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Not that men pick me up in the club, but I am so glad I spend most of my time in the library then.

There's no decent men out there no more; just a bunch of 'hot shot gamers' and wannabes it's sad for these women trying to date that are decent
Last night I went to find some family members who were in the new club across the street- I walk in and the place is packed- woman are checking me out....All I see are 40 something divorced women...a few dozen of all the same kind- I look at them as one time failures...bound to fail again- most looking just for sex....I could not wait to get out of there- who needs this stuff...I again I agree with you Doll Eyes....it seems to be the same for both sexes...frankly...the odd conversation with my estranged wife...and maybe a coffee--- is enough...I don't care if I die alone- If you can not be with some right....best to be by yourself...easy for me to say that...being older now....

Thinking back just now-- My wife lied constantly. It was about power and control...I never lied..but once I figured out it was foolish to tell the truth to a liar- I started lying.....funny how you can catch the disease. Lying takes away all the good quality of life.

2,794 posts, read 3,678,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Threads like this are the result of men not handling their business. This is what you get folks.

You get boys.

Not men.
I would agree with you, but even politicians can't get elected on a platform of bearing true witness to our own laws, and we even have an extra-Constitutional, McCarthy era phrase in our own pledge of allegiance to help out, even if we don't have any anti-hypocrisy laws to go along with it.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:00 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
I know just saying. but we don't ALL live near or in the Jersey shore/south jersey areas. I don't live anywhere near there. I met some snotty people from up around the Boston/Harvard Square area. They were awful. some of the people may not be elegant here, but at least a lot of them are decent outside those 'party city' areas. NJ/PA have nice suburbs. Every state is different and each one of them has their garbage people in them, that's all I was saying.
I hear you. I know western Jersey is a different ball of wax. I grew up in the heart of Italian Guido bullshyte Jersey which runs from the city down to the shore. And there is Newark, which should just be nuked. You will probably find more snotty people in Cambridge (Harvard Sq is where I met my husband, but he's not an elitist).

Old 09-15-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Any man that comes to this forum to pronounce that he's a d*ck (your words) is a nut. That's not about a difference of views. It's stupidity. There is something wrong with you for valuing being a d*ck. Seriously.
Why do you not believe it is a form of honesty and respect toward fellow human beings and a form of "buyer beware". How many women are that "upfront"?

Old 09-15-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
I was single before I married and I dated a lot of men. Most of them were great guys who I'm still friends with. Some had their problems, but my past bf's were interested tantra, meditating, traveling. I spent so much time on the road with my ex's driving across the US, reading books to each other, camping out every night, making art. I had a blast. They were good, albeit imperfect, people.

Case in point, doll eyes.

I don't see how that's possible. You view women as a monolithic body. That means you're a bigot, which poses a significant limitation to discovering anything. You are most likely burying yourself in your own views that have nothing to do with anyone but you.

Case in point. You've really conned yourself.

well most of you women on here have great husbands and only dated great men, went on great dates where they were nice and everything etc. etc. probably are better looking or good looking then most of the rest of the women out there in the first place. whatever. a lot of the rest of us women have not had any kind of luck like that, so of course we don't think so highly of these men out there. of course you would think their are more out there but there's not is all i am saying. you and dewdrops would think different if you didn't see how 'great' they were.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:04 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noworneveragain View Post
People are crazy on this forum, They ask questions, look for books, complain about men/women and that's it.
That's not it at all. There is psychotic misogyny on this forum.

Quote:
Have fun. Loose that intellectual attitude. Let it go and get laid with no strings attached. Life will look better and we all will be happier.
No I won't lose it and I know what sex without strings is about. It does not include the bitter hate that is prevalent on this forum. It does not include insulting the opposite sex, deceiving the opposite sex, or resenting the opposite sex. You people don't have the first idea of what free love/sex is about. The baggage people have on this forum obviously precludes any possibility of lightness.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
men are so deceitful, so they think women are the exact same way. really it's just them...they have to always have a 'game' or a 'line' now it's a 'full on lie.' they don't beleive in just walking into a place and being themselves.
It may be because honesty doesn't get us laid as often as lies which women who merely claim to want honesty as a form of respect, reward more than honesty.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
I hear you. I know western Jersey is a different ball of wax. I grew up in the heart of Italian Guido bullshyte Jersey which runs from the city down to the shore. And there is Newark, which should just be nuked. You will probably find more snotty people in Cambridge (Harvard Sq is where I met my husband, but he's not an elitist).

alright well that makes sense. that entire area is HORRIBLE. i hate to know that is anyone first experience like your husband with NJ. OMG. newark is a bad area they have one wealthy suburb where whitney houston used to live, but mostly that area, Paterson, Camden...forget it, sorry to say.

somebody told me you cannot just live all over boston because it is segregated by race. Is that true?

Old 09-15-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
It may be because honesty doesn't get us laid as often as lies which women who merely claim to want honesty as a form of respect, reward more than honesty.

yea well they're lying to get sex in the first place, either way they're dead wrong. what a bunch of no goods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships