Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 07:04 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,307,992 times

Advertisements

I went through this, but honestly, you get used to it because you know eventually you will be in a good place/balance where you look a little older but at the same time you get the benefits of a youthful appearance. I find myself having to tell someone that I am much older than what they thought, but you get used to it. Like other people said, you learn to appreciate it and we should.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 03:08 PM

607 posts, read 1,394,178 times
This has nothing to do with dating, but I am a 31 year old male who looks a lot younger than 31. I'm trying to break into teaching and while I didn't get a teaching job this school year, I did get a special education teacher's aide position at a local high school. Anyways, most of my day is spent out in the general education classrooms with the students I am assisting. The first day of school, I was sitting in the back with my two students. The general education teacher was calling out names to take attendance. After she called out all the names, she asked what my name was because she hadn't called it, lol. She had thought I was one of the students. I was a little embarrassed at first and it felt kind of demeaning, but as I thought about it more, it actually made me feel kind of good. I told her she made my day, lol. The funny thing was, I eventually found out that this teacher is only 2 years older than me, so I was actually kind of surprised that mistakened me for a high school student. But again, I do look really young for my age, so it's understandable. On a related note, there has been two more instances since then, with different teachers, where I had to explain to them that I was a teacher's aide and not a student, lol.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:23 PM

864 posts, read 1,455,582 times
I have the opposite problem. I like to dress nicely (classic style), and I definitely don't dress like my girls my age (I'm 19, and I don't do the whole low rider jeans/midriff baring tops and skin tight clothing). People usually think I'm in my late 20's just because of the way I dress and carry myself. Sometimes it's good, and sometimes not, lol.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:31 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by football45013 View Post
The funny thing was, I eventually found out that this teacher is only 2 years older than me, so I was actually kind of surprised that mistakened me for a high school student.
I was doing a professional networking meeting the other day, and we were chatting. I thought the guy was a few years older than me. He though I was way younger than him. It turned out we were the same age and graduated the same year. :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships