Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2012, 05:52 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
/taps foot

You. are. not. helping.
no. but. that. was. pretty. funny. if. I. say. so. myself.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:57 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
no. but. that. was. pretty. funny. if. I. say. so. myself.

If we lived in the same area I would seriously offer my services as a wing man (person, woman....).

The fact that you haven't been snatched up by a good woman is a crime.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:58 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,612,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
The bolded is a perfect example of something you do that I recommend you don't. I can't speak for all women but that comment is cheesy and cringe-worthy to me. It's a line, it's not sincere, it comes across very phony, IMO. You need to sound genuine in your compliments.

These women you're trying to show an interest in, are they women you're just meeting versus on a date with?
I agree, that line is cringe worthy and sounds like you're desperate and trying too hard. If you're giving off signs of desperation, throwing a cheesy line or look like you're trying too hard, that could very well be the issue why you're having no luck.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:59 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Why are women offended that i am saying women are mean, anyway? Can someone explain to me why the NICE ladies find these posts of mine so offensive? Frankly i don't really care if i've offended the mean ladies.
Do you really need to have this explained? The nice ones are offended because you're tending to pain all women who aren't battered victims as being mean.

I still don't see where you've answered the question: what kind of women do you usually approach? The beautiful ones? (Your post prior to the quoted one would indicate the answer is yes.) Do you approach average-looking but outgoing or bubbly women? Do you approach shy women? Or do you tend toward one type? If you keep getting the same response when approaching pretty much one type, that would be a clue that you should try different types.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 10-11-2012 at 06:09 PM..

Old 10-11-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
And yes, i actually did parooze some sites for mail order brides.
"peruse". Sorry. I let most spelling mistakes go, but this one was too much.

I don't think the hooker and mail-order-bride suggestion was meant to be taken seriously, btw. I think it was meant sarcastically. Oh...oops, I guess she meant it seriously. Never mind.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 10-11-2012 at 06:20 PM..

Old 10-11-2012, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Yes... i'll admit to wanting some of these things... but i think what i really want is for a woman to prove me wrong. I want to find out that hey, wow, there really ARE some wonderful women in the world, and that they actually WANT to be with me for a change. That would be nice.
Of course there are wonderful women in the world. The question is: why is it difficult for you to find them? Are you choosing women who are aloof or who have superiority complexes? Are you doing something to drive away the nice women? Are you passing over the nice women, because they don't meet your looks criteria?

I don't think we can help you much. I think you should work with your therapist and get back to us.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
The bolded is a perfect example of something you do that I recommend you don't. I can't speak for all women but that comment is cheesy and cringe-worthy to me. It's a line, it's not sincere, it comes across very phony, IMO. You need to sound genuine in your compliments.
I agree. I walk away from guys who say stuff like that.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If we lived in the same area I would seriously offer my services as a wing man (person, woman....).

The fact that you haven't been snatched up by a good woman is a crime.
Eh. I'm in a really bad area for dating. Lots of crazy women, addicts, divorcees who love to hate on men on a regular basis.

Lots of people graduate and immediately move away, or marry really young, or it's elderly couples and middle-aged couples who move and live here.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"peruse". Sorry. I let most spelling mistakes go, but this one was too much.

I don't think the hooker and mail-order-bride suggestion was meant to be taken seriously, btw. I think it was meant sarcastically. Oh...oops, I guess she meant it seriously. Never mind.
Hey I use Peruse sometimes. My old man has used it a few times before also.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:09 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,182,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Do you really need to have this explained? The nice ones are offended because you're tending to pain all women who aren't battered victims as being mean.

I still don't see where you've answered the question: what kind of women do you usually approach? The beautiful ones? (Your post prior to the quoted one would indicate the answer is yes.) Do you approach average-looking but outgoing or bubbly women? Do you approach shy women? Or do you tend toward one type? If you keep getting the same response when approaching pretty much one type, that would be a clue that you should try different types.
Mostly average looking ones. I've tried a lot of different types. Older, younger, thick, skinny, white women, African American women, Asian women... i have to say i haven't really tried many Latino women. Shy, outgoing, bubbly. NOT loud. That's a deal-breaker for me. I can't handle loud and obnoxious people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships