Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 11:58 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,177,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post

I've gone to quite a few movies at the theater that I wish I had not bothered. Most of the time, we just wanted to do something together, and we found a movie that looked interesting, so we went. No guarantees on movies, restaurants, or date. It's called life.

Thanks for those sage words of wisdom

You're an odd duck. Most people simply return it they change their mind. I don't have time for such nonsense.

Yeah, because I wasn't exaggerating or anything.

If you are concerned about the money you are spending on a date, then you are spending too much.
That seems like a no-brainer to me. I don't get why anyone would ever spend more than they are comfortable with.

How much is too much? It's relative. And there's another issue, there

Agreed.

Agreed again. You seem to be contradicting your earlier thoughts, but I certainly agree with you here.

How am I contradicting myself? I've already stated that I'd probably pay for the first date and I'd never use a coupon. I'm just trying to help defend others who have these ideas.

As I stated earlier, you don't know anything. That is the purpose of spending time with the person in the first place.

Because that's such an easy topic for some to talk about.
I think I know what you're talking about when it comes to 'contradicting myself' and if I'm right, then you're wrong.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:03 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,282,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
No i do not. You know why? Because the man I date:

A. Have enough resources notto worry about the tab
B. do not allow me to pay when i offer.

I am not saying once on a while i do not offer, however men in my circle do not have problems with money. So they never let me pay.

If you have problems paying for a tab, i am not the gal to date. Sorry, in my world a man paying for a nice meal is the norm, not the exception.
I somehow imagined you didn’t pay for meals or any other expenses when there are men in your life. Women like it that way so why not. If you get married, would you allow your man to cook and do house chores or is this something you also expect them to do for you as well?

What I find interesting is that women will be against a man telling them what to do and what not to do. Have a man tell a woman to do his laundry, to cook, to clean, etc. and a woman will most likely be against it. but have a man tell a woman what to do (not pay) when it comes to expenses and women will suddenly become fragile submissive women that will gladly obey his command. If you offer and really mean it, you will put your foot down and pay the same way you mean it when you say you won’t be anybody’s maid. Women don’t want to be anybody’s servant but they do want a man to be their servant, at least financially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I absolutely have things that I would not let my fella do. I would never make him sew his own repairs on his clothes. I insist on baking him his favorites - chocolate chip cookies, cinnamon buns, etc. I cook - he is not a good cook, and I enjoy it!
I’ve made this question before and so far you are the only one that has been able to answer it. Very nice of you to do “old fashioned lady jobs at home” for your man and not complain about it or feel insulted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
Maybe she needed a green card
Nope unless Japan was a 3rd world country that had people struggle to eat a warm meal a day. She’s a lawyer and still, regardless of having a good attractive job, she fixed me dinner and came to my place to do my laundry without feeling insulted. If she fixed dinner at my place she would have probably done the dishes and cleaned the pots and pans as well. Saying that an executive person in Japan wants a green card would be like saying that an executive person in England is dying to get a green card for the USA.

It might sound strange that a woman would treat a man like that in a culture where it is not common for a woman to do those “traditional old fashioned real lady jobs”, I’ll give you that.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:06 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post

I’ve made this question before and so far you are the only one that has been able to answer it. Very nice of you to do “old fashioned lady jobs at home” for your man and not complain about it or feel insulted.

No she isn't. I do all the housework - and I'm perfectly happy in my marriage. I've said so numerous times.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:15 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
You have to ask? Does anything like feminism, equality, women's rights, independence etc. ring any bell?

You should be shamed of yourself even asking this question!

Old 10-16-2012, 12:26 PM

601 posts, read 759,156 times
Quote:
No i do not. You know why? Because the man I date:

A. Have enough resources notto worry about the tab
B. do not allow me to pay when i offer.

I am not saying once on a while i do not offer, however men in my circle do not have problems with money. So they never let me pay.

If you have problems paying for a tab, i am not the gal to date. Sorry, in my world a man paying for a nice meal is the norm, not the exception.

She reminds me of a roommate we use to have in college. We'd all share the expense when having bbq's, movie nights etc etc without having to ask..it was etiquette. Andy, however,never once take the initiative to bring or make anything. And its not like the rest of us were showered in wealth. We did what we could and it was nuice to see people take it upon themselves to do something.

IMO, it has nothing to do with gender roles. It's integrity. Really the matter of DOING THE RIGHT THING WHEN NOBODY ELSE IS LOOKING.

No one should have to ask anybody to do the right thing. You just do it. its says EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR FAMILY, YOUR LACK OF UPBRINGING, AND OVERALL YOU AS A HUMAN BEING

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I somehow imagined you didn’t pay for meals or any other expenses when there are men in your life. Women like it that way so why not. If you get married, would you allow your man to cook and do house chores or is this something you also expect them to do for you as well?

What I find interesting is that women will be against a man telling them what to do and what not to do. Have a man tell a woman to do his laundry, to cook, to clean, etc. and a woman will most likely be against it.

Im weird in that sense. I dont like anyone washing my dishes or doing my laundry. its uncomfortable for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships