Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2012, 05:37 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,694,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Yes...he's absolutely not allowed to bake his own birthday cake.
Also, when he has to bring a dish to a potluck, I refuse to let him cook it (haha....because they all assume the wife made it, and I'm not letting my good name be smeared!)

I've never met a person that "expected" or "demanded" that someone do something for them. Where are you meeting all of these people at???
I think a lot of you are taking for granted how lucky you guys were to avoid it. Its a combination of the people not having a neon sign to warn others and listening and participating in daily conversations.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:41 PM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I just think I stick out too much where I live. When you're surrounded by cute, tiny blonde co-eds a 6' tall redhead with tattoos sticks out a bit

I did get the job offer in Boston so I may be moving in less than a month... just figuring out the formalities
I bet you will like Boston.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:44 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I just think I stick out too much where I live. When you're surrounded by cute, tiny blonde co-eds a 6' tall redhead with tattoos sticks out a bit

I did get the job offer in Boston so I may be moving in less than a month... just figuring out the formalities
Woohoo! Maybe you can find yourself a nice Irish Guy from Southie to match your red hair.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:46 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,371,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Same little drama for women who complain about house chores, come on, where are the real women? <sarcasm> I say it that way as women can be hear complaining about men who don’t spend their money on them since that is supposed to be “a man’s job”. Then you tell those same women about their job to cook and clean as a "woman's job" and all of a sudden that is considered sexist, go figure.

Then how about men and women taking initiative, asking each other out (not your husband, long time boyfriend, necessarily), paying for the dinner and wine, doing house chores, etc.? Imagine yourself approaching the new guy in the office to introduce yourself, ask him his number and give him yours, ask him out, be ready to take care of all expenses, send him a gift to his desk, etc.
I do not complain, I just dont go out with cheap men. That way I avoid all the empty unnecessary soul sucking drama.Action speak so much louder than words and posts.....

Life is not fair people.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:49 PM

861 posts, read 1,250,303 times
Default Perpetuating stereotypes – woman used match.com dates for $1200 a month in free dinners

Woman Used Match.com Dates For $1200 A Month In Free Dinners | The Mary Sue

Old 10-15-2012, 05:49 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,282,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
I do not complain, I just dont go out with cheap men. That way I avoid all the empty unnecessary soul sucking drama.Action speak so much louder than words and posts
I guess you are not cheap either and takes care of a man's dinner and wine. Not your husband, live in boyfriend, or long time date, but a guy you are dating, right? Remember, being cheap goes both ways.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:50 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,656,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
As Ive said on other threads.. I've been married forever, but if I was taking a Lady out on a date, not only would I pick up the tab, I would open doors, help her with her coat and seat her at the table.. Generally treat her like a princess, hell I asked her out, I should treat her nice..
Now my wife does pick up the tab once in awile, but I never ask her to....
by the way I try to treat all Ladies this way my Wife, Daughter, Mother in Law, Wife's friends doesn't matter, just the way I was raised...

You were raised with good manners-like my Dad.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:53 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I completely agree with you Dew. I never had issue with who pays for what on a date and making such a fuss over this whole thing is so bizzare.
And like many others have said, many times is not an issue of the woman demanding that the man pay for dinner/tickets/whatever, it's the man insisting that the man pay for dinner/tickets/whatever. If I ask what my share is and he tells me to put my money away, I'm not going to create a scene or an unpleasant, uncomfortable situtation by insisting otherwise. I'll thank him profusely and get his drinks later or treat the next time.

861 posts, read 1,250,303 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QVgk4i_bfQ

45,437 posts, read 60,638,057 times
I can't wait until some of these guys get married (ok, it might happen) and the newlywed couple has to pool their resources to live. Maybe even have a joint bank account, both names on the car note, both names on the lease/mortgage, both names on the offspring's birth certificate, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships