Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2012, 09:46 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Whaaa? I don't think that my post said that. It has nothing to do with getting a free meal. If you read my other post I stated that one and done could apply to someone you do or don't know. So why would I not pay for the 1st date with someone from the inet but instead pay for the 1st date with the woman I've known for 6 months? It's all the same. Lets wait until after the 3rd date to see if there is any chemistry there. That's applies to women from the net and ones I've known for a period of time.
To me, if you've known someone for 6 months - it's completely different than someone you just met off the internet. If you want to start dating someone you've known for 6 months - isn't the chemistry already there? Don't you know them already? Isn't it like just taking the relationship to the next level? I feel like the "getting to know you" period has already been accomplished. If the chemistry isn't there - then why did you want to date them in the first place?

Old 10-15-2012, 09:50 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,722,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
To me, if you've known someone for 6 months - it's completely different than someone you just met off the internet. If you want to start dating someone you've known for 6 months - isn't the chemistry already there? Don't you know them already? Isn't it like just taking the relationship to the next level? I feel like the "getting to know you" period has already been accomplished. If the chemistry isn't there - then why did you want to date them in the first place?
People change their minds all the time. Sure there may have been chemistry but who knows if she is still feeling it 6 months later. Things happen.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:51 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times
Quote:
People change their minds all the time. Sure there may have been chemistry but who knows if she is still feeling it 6 months later. Things happen.
I guess I wouldn't go on a date with someone I had known for 6 months if I didn't feel some sort of chemistry with the person.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:57 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,603,075 times
Quote:
But are basing that on the age of the man?
Yes, I expect different behavior from a 25 year old vs. a 35 year old.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:15 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
No wonder the coupon calls for a stoning then.

That idea of linking cash to affection is horrible. If anything, I'd think that designing an evening out that includes hobbies that the girl would love would really show that you are really into her. If it's photography that she is really into, would snapping some awesome pics of nature be of more utlilty to her than dinner at a fancy chain restaurant?
Exactly like the possibility that doing something special for someone involves a restaurant or some other typical thing that requires you to pay just doesn't click for some people.

If like that kind of thing great but don't stone the someone who thinks a bit differently.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:19 AM

31,009 posts, read 22,051,613 times
This is a non-issue with me for a variety of reasons. I'm a tradtionalist or old Fashion, or what ever. I really enjoy the traditional male role: "I'm going to ask her out, dress up, pick her up, pull her chair, open the door, be a little bit charming, hopefully, create an enjoyable atmosphere and pick up the tab". It's all good to me. She's going to spend time fixing up, looking good and hopefully carrying a bit of the conversation. Picking up the tab is so minor. I can't say Ive had a bad date in years so the formula works for me.

If I was underemployed or poorer or she was loaded it may be different.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 10-15-2012 at 11:12 AM..

Old 10-15-2012, 10:30 AM

31,009 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Yes, I expect different behavior from a 25 year old vs. a 35 year old.
Is it because of how much they make or just age?

Old 10-15-2012, 10:36 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,859,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Swarthout View Post
Interesting post. Why do people who don't know each other go out on these big fancy dates? If you don't like each other the date is not just a waste of time but a waste of money as well. Every first date should be drinks or coffee or something simple. Because if you can't make it through that whats the point?
Exactly! I would hope that everyone dating could spring for even the venti frappuccino for $5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I totally agree. Plus, if I was going out with someone I didn't know at all - I'd rather do something low pressure. I wouldn't want to have to sit through an entire meal if it was obvious that we weren't going to hit it off! Actually - I think coffee or just a walk in the park or something would be ideal.
Where did this idea come from that a first date needs to be some sort of elaborate 5 course meal. I don't want to be sucked into a few hours outing with someone I don't know. What if they are really boring?

Old 10-15-2012, 10:38 AM

601 posts, read 758,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
if any guy I've been on a date with showed this sort of lack of good nature and generosity (which doesn't have to involve spending lots of or even any money) that would be the last date.
Well there you go! now you know what we're looking for in women too. common ground! We're looking to see good nature and generosity from women as well. its important to us. There would never be a first date if i found out this was the type of girl she was.

And thats really the principle. I dont want some cheap girl who cant afford to pay for her own meal. I need to see that human aspect of her. I need to see shes giving and caring of others

Old 10-15-2012, 10:42 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Ahaha been there Jade. Last fall went out with a computer installer. But that wasn't the boring part he wouldn't let me get a word in. He talked more than a women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships