Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2012, 09:24 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,738,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I think that if the men are thinking of the arrangement as being more of an FWB than it developing into a romantic arrangment, of course they aren't interested in picking of the whole tab for the dinner. Friends split checks, but a man courting the woman of his dreams would want to impress her with buying dinners and flowers.

Yea, they are thinking that in their own minds, too bad the woman doesn't usually know this.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Swarthout View Post
Right, there are no "me" oriented women in the world, sure.

I didn't say that, you did.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:31 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
If you already know, what I would say, why do you bother wasting your time posting to me then?

If someone is good natured joking did it ever occur to you that I don't necessarily 'get joking the way that other people do?' If they are "socially awkward negative comments" did you ever consider that it's not done to annoy you as (some unimportant stranger to boot) but rather -- because those are my actual thoughts on the matter? No, those things don't occur to you, because you only want to tell me what you want me to think and say on here, that's it. I guess I should say something 'positive' about what you've just said to me?

And once again: Nobody is obligated to post positive streams of thought for your benefit. So too bad for you on that one. You can keep reading it though and then telling me what you don't like about it, not that that's actually going to do anything.
Yeah... your right...

I shouldn't have bothered......

Most normal people don't view the world the way you do... It's a waste of my time reading your vitriol.

I just wonder how many people it takes to get you to realize that you're the one with the problem??

I mean, I read poster after posters going round and round with you and you never get it???? You never see that you are the common denominator in the equation..

You have a completely warped and twisted view on things... yet you march merrily along......in complete denial of reality.

It actually must be sorta nice.....

Old 10-14-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah... your right...

I shouldn't have bothered......

Most normal people don't view the world the way you do... It's a waste of my time reading your vitriol.

I just wonder how many people it takes to get you to realize that you're the one with the problem??

I mean, I read poster after posters going round and round with you and you never get it???? You never see that you are the common denominator in the equation..

You have a completely warped and twisted view on things... yet you march merrily along......in complete denial of reality.

It actually must be sorta nice.....
I find it ironic how you and some others like to sit on your high horse and tell me what's wrong with me, etc. etc. and then in the same breath you want to talk about "saying something positive." You must be joking, LOL. But likely you're not....Also it's ironic how you can derail a thread when it's you wanting to tell me about myself but not the other way around

The problem here is this: You are very angry that I don't post the things you want me to post here. I don't share your opinions and that of many others and you know what TOO F'king BAD. That's life. If you ever stopped to notice, I don't go into the threads demanding the men stop talking about fat women or whatever they go on about. I state my opinion or reply to theirs but never do I try and control what people post on here. Why? Because it's a fool's errand. Poster after poster can have a problem with my views, that's their right -- but it doesn't mean I have to change them for their benefit. I have no idea what the 'problem' you claim I have is. So then tell me? It's exactly what I said it is: I don't post the positive comments you want to read. FYI: Because this is a problem for you doesn't make it automatically one for me. It's not.

You can call me whatever names you want and insult or whatever, doesn't matter. My views have zero affect on your daily life and if they do that's your problem. Going in threads and demanding I post things to your liking time and again equates to the same thing it always does --

nothing.

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 10-14-2012 at 09:49 PM..

Old 10-14-2012, 09:47 PM

150 posts, read 305,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I didn't say that, you did.
I know.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:49 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,177,836 times

Old 10-14-2012, 09:51 PM

130 posts, read 365,754 times
Ive never been upset about paying for a first date unless I found out later that I was used(it's happened twice) Other than that, it doesn't really bother me. I mean you start with coffee first(it's cheap and lets you feel out the person) and then you go from there.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Swarthout View Post
I know.

Good to know then.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:38 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I think one of the issues is this - the difference between those who see dating as an opportunity to meet someone, get to know them, make a good impression, and have a good time and those who look at dating and think, "What's in it for me?"

If you see dating as an opportunity to find love and enjoy yourself - who gets the bill isn't going to be a big deal. If you are looking it from the angle of - what's in it for me - then suddenly - the bill becomes a big deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
The irony in what you bolded and then replied is off the hook.

I mean, wouldn't men want to make a good impression since they're taking the woman out on the date and paying? Wouldn't a man want to impress her by taking her to a nice place and footing the bill? Don't men want to impress women when they go on a date?

And women, what's in it for me: if I'm going to go on a date with him, he better not use a coupon, it better be a nice place, etc. no subway, no coupons, or guys like that shouldn't be dating. If anything, I get a nice meal out of it. Didn't someone say, if the guy is using the date to try to get sex at least get a nice meal out of it????

Nah, never mind, that doesn't make any sense.

I think the thing is, some men think women are keeping tabs on the amount of the date. Some women are (and those are the women you don't want) but most of us are looking for someone who puts in a little time and effort into making the outing a good time. The amount of money required is negligible.

I will fully admit, I expect the man to pay on the first date. When they man didn't pay, there seems to be a loose correlation to problems later.

That being said, there is no requirement to go to a super fancy restaurant. Plan a fun outing. Cheap is fine and we are all good. There is a theater downtown in my city that shows old movies in an Art Deco theater for $5. A $5 movie, $3 tacos a few blocks away is a surefire winner (and not very expensive). I'll get the post movie drinks.

Come on now, Subway sounds like the place you would go if you were desperate for dinner. No atmosphere. Not even remotely memorable. In order to make a Subway date a winner, you better be the most charismatic man on the planet, and that's still a stretch.

The average woman would be infinitely more impressed with the tasty hole in the wall ethnic restaurant.

Old 10-14-2012, 11:32 PM

601 posts, read 759,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I think the thing is, some men think women are keeping tabs on the amount of the date. Some women are (and those are the women you don't want) but most of us are looking for someone who puts in a little time and effort into making the outing a good time. The amount of money required is negligible.

I will fully admit, I expect the man to pay on the first date. When they man didn't pay, there seems to be a loose correlation to problems later.

That being said, there is no requirement to go to a super fancy restaurant. Plan a fun outing. Cheap is fine and we are all good. There is a theater downtown in my city that shows old movies in an Art Deco theater for $5. A $5 movie, $3 tacos a few blocks away is a surefire winner (and not very expensive). I'll get the post movie drinks.

Come on now, Subway sounds like the place you would go if you were desperate for dinner. No atmosphere. Not even remotely memorable. In order to make a Subway date a winner, you better be the most charismatic man on the planet, and that's still a stretch.

The average woman would be infinitely more impressed with the tasty hole in the wall ethnic restaurant.
Then dont go out. Stay home with your fish,cat,dog.. whatever you got. No one owes you anything. Be grateful he bought you anything . Take yourself out with your own money if its sooooo important to you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships