Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2012, 07:59 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
honestly, a nice dinner at home, with candle lights and some wine is so much more impressive than a coupon on a date. And cheaper.

As I said before if you cannot afford to go out, maybe it is better to concentrate in bettering your life than dating..
Depends on how long you've been dating. If it's within the first 3 or so dates, I'm NOT going over to his house.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:01 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,171,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
So then pull out your coupons and gift cards, LOL. That's your buisness, why would I care? I am just telling you that many people as viewed by this thread for example find it to be tacky, including me.

Get used to being judged, because that's how it goes, I know from personal experience you all do it, so if it's not about being tacky it will be about something else. Trust.

I am glad I pay for my own meals, I have never seen people make such a stink out of something like this; again, men are cheap and will give you hell over $20. It's simply not even worth it.
I clearly said, 'not that I would do it'.

Um, because someone said 'some men shouldn't date' because they would have audacity to use a coupon on a date.

Good Lord.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:02 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,711 times
I dated a man once that took me to Subway. And bought me a 5 dollars sub. I got all dressed up and he took me to Subway.

He told me I thought you were prettier (i meet him thru online dating) and you only deserve a 5 dollar meal. Then he went home and wrote a long diatribe on Facebook about how he spend all his money on the date with me blah blah blah..... Obvi. I nver saw him again.

I could have been in bed cuddling with my cats watching Netflix and having a better time ( he did not a coupon though)

Old 10-14-2012, 08:02 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I clearly said, 'not that I would do it'.

Um, because someone said 'some men shouldn't date' because they would have audacity to use a coupon on a date.

Good Lord.

So take your gripes, to her. I didn't say it. And if you think that's bad you don't want to hear the things I've been told (and JJ as well) by men. So oh well.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:03 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,160 times
Quote:
If he does that every single time or even on the woman's b-day then it becomes annoying and yes it would be a deal-breaker.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
I dated a man once that took me to Subway. And bought me a 5 dollars sub. I got all dressed up and he took me to Subway.

He told me I thought you were prettier (i meet him thru online dating) and you only deserve a 5 dollar meal. Then he went home and wrote a long diatribe on Facebook about how he spend all his money on the date with me blah blah blah..... Obvi. I nver saw him again.

I could have been in bed cuddling with my cats watching Netflix and having a better time ( he did not a coupon though)
Guy was obviously a POS, but hey, you saw his message, liked him and wanted to go on a date with him.

Quote:
So take your gripes, to her. I didn't say it. And if you think that's bad you don't want to hear the things I've been told (and JJ as well) by men. So oh well.
Uh, you quoted something I said ? So I responded ?

Old 10-14-2012, 08:07 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,160 times
Quote:

Wow he had the audacity to say that!!!

I would have walked away from subway right away without giving him any more time to speak, ride the bus and instead invite my parents to a restaurant (once in a while, I will spend my spare time with my parents and family... now that's more fun than wasting further time on a jerk) or take my kid brother to the movies.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:08 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,395 times
Quote:
Guy was obviously a POS, but hey, you saw his message, liked him and wanted to go on a date with him.

you said 'someone please anyone' to respond so that's what I did, it was open to anybody....what you're talking about in particular is not something I even said, someone else did.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:09 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,711 times
Quote:

He contacted me, saw my message and ask me out on a date. I never contact men on online sites.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
you said 'someone please anyone' to respond so that's what I did, it was open to anybody....what you're talking about in particular is not something I even said, someone else did.
Which I said, because I knew no one could give me a legit answer.

S'all good, back to the Texans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships