Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 07:01 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
Presumptuous to believe a guy cant have a successful dating life unless he pays up. tsk tsk shame on you
tsk tsk shame on your reading comprehension.

Nowhere did I state, suggest, or imply a guy can't have a successful dating life unless he pays up.

I did state how is a gal paying going to help a guy's who has disappointment from not having a successful dating life.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:02 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
LOL so how come you don't have the same attitude when women are used for sex?

Who said I didn't? I am constantly saying on here women need to stop putting themselves out there to get used by these men because that's all most of them are doing anyways. Whether or not, they do or don't isn't in my realm of control. Oh well. Men are almost always deceptive in their usage of women for sex anyways. FWB is an example, it's a sexual arrangement where they throw in 'friends' to make it seem like they respect the woman, not really.

6,233 posts, read 9,479,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I am amazed at the number of threads by men who seem downright angry at having to pay for dates--even first dates!

And usually, it doesn't seem to be about money. Rarely do the men who post these threads tell horror stories about being expected to fork out enormous sums. To most of them, it seems to be more a matter of principle. Having to spend money on women just seems to infuriate them, even when THEY asked for the date in the first place.

What gives with that?
I personally think it's archaic and slightly chauvinistic, but I still do because it's expected of me as a man. I don't resent it though. Besides, if I initiate the date, then why shouldn't I pay? If she initiated on the other hand, I would hope she'd at least pay half or bring a coupon, or even pay herself. Even then, I'd still offer to pay just to be polite.

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you. Just seems like some of these guys are more concerned to holding on to their money, then actually going on a date. Hey nothing wrong with it.
I wasn't disagreeing either. Rather saying unless you try it's not going to happen. But I think women and men feel the pain of another downer of a crappy date. Excitement and antisipation is huge before a date. Aah I miss it.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:03 PM

601 posts, read 758,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
tsk tsk shame on your reading comprehension.

Nowhere did I state, suggest, or imply a guy can't have a successful dating life unless he pays up.

I did state how is a gal paying going to help a guy's who has disappointment from not having a successful dating life.
What led you to believe he doesnt?

Old 10-14-2012, 07:05 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Quote:
I think normal girls step up to the plate
Normal girls don't date guys who whine about paying on a date for which they asked.

2,085 posts, read 2,140,507 times
At the end of the day, it boils down to some men evolving beyond the stone age thinking of wanting to pay for a woman's affections or thinking she needs to be provided for. Other men still maintain the mentality of paying for her favoritism out of some sense of nobility or chivalry. Whatever.. every man is different and its each man's individual choice to feel and do what he wants. And its a woman's choice to date whomever she chooses. Some men mind paying, some men mind and dont say anything, and others dont mind at all, and some men enjoy clinging to gender roles or paying for a woman's affection. All of these feelings are perfectly respectable as long as the man has made peace with it.

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
TOUCHE!
So you acknowledge we're paying for sex if we pay for a date!

As it was asked in a previous thread, whats really the difference then?? a hooker would be cheaper and much more efficient then a date

I didn't say that, that's what you turned it into.

What I said was: they think they should get sex and anything else out of a woman without making any discerning effort to show a genuine interest in her as a person. That's not the same as 'paying for sex.' The only ones who always take it there to equate dating women with hookers -- is men. It's because that's what they equate women to in the first place, otherwise why would they constantly make those comparisons.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:06 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Normal girls don't date guys who whine about paying on a date for which they asked.
I agree.....

Old 10-14-2012, 07:08 PM

601 posts, read 758,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I didn't say that, that's what you turned it into.

What I said was: they think they should get sex and anything else out of a woman without making any discerning effort to show a genuine interest in her as a person. That's not the same as 'paying for sex.' The only ones who always take it there to equate dating women with hookers -- is men. It's because that's what they equate women to in the first place, otherwise why would they constantly make those comparisons.
no no no..you used the term FREE. Big mistake bud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships