Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2012, 01:26 PM

102,255 posts, read 108,199,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
The fact that an overweight woman is not an "easy yes" as you put it, for a guy, but an overweight man would be an easy yes for a woman,
You haven't been reading the posts today. Idon'tdateyou posted that she knew a fat guy who posted a profile saying he was looking for a 25-year-old hottie. He turned down the woman he knew from his circle of friends who was overweight, but not obese like he was. Fat guys do turn women down. Sorry to bust your bubble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 01:30 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,363,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
But what about all the geeky, unattractive girls nerdy guy wasn't interested in during high school and college because they weren't "hot"??? Now nerdy guy is SOL because they changed as well and they've been swiped up. It happens.
Heard that?!

All of you nice guys, think about it... (as I have )

Old 12-02-2012, 01:35 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,689,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I compressed some of your spacing from the original post.

I don't see this play out this way. I've seen it play out differently.
The guy "cleans up nicely," the girl has NOT hit the wall, but despite the change, has the guy in a "box."
The girl blossoms, the guy has NOT hit the wall, but the matured woman is more easily cut slack.

A lot of this comes down to peer approval.
The girl has to pay heed to her cronies who probably also have the same "boxed in" version of the guy, assuming they were in the same circle.
The guy can say "Hey, she's gotten really 'hot,' so s-crew you" to his friends.

The other thing is that, even if the woman is now interested, it's usually temporary because they are not on the same wavelength, and never have been.

Moral of the story: If you "late bloom" during medical school, look to one of your attractive classmates in medical school, forget the 18 year-old bimbo who may still be 'hot,' and double your income in the process.
I think the doctor in your scenario is better off marrying the bimbo. How do two people as busy as doctors run a household? How do they raise children? What, hired help? Such a diservice to kids. He should marry the bimbo, and she should marrying a guy who is a junior high school teacher or stay at home dad.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:39 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,185,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You haven't been reading the posts today. Idon'tdateyou posted that she knew a fat guy who posted a profile saying he was looking for a 25-year-old hottie. He turned down the woman he knew from his circle of friends who was overweight, but not obese like he was. Fat guys do turn women down. Sorry to bust your bubble.

He turned down another overweight woman. Although I'll admit his expectations are too high.

Let me guess, you ladies think the overweight women who turn me down are perfectly justified, but you think this guy is unreasonable for turning someone down. Somehow it's worse. I am guessing the overall nature of the thread was how dare a fat guy be so picky. But if fat women are picky, that's ok.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:44 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,204,974 times
Quote:
He turned down another overweight woman. Although I'll admit his expectations are too high.

Let me guess, you ladies think the overweight women who turn me down are perfectly justified, but you think this guy is unreasonable for turning someone down. Somehow it's worse. I am guessing the overall nature of the thread was how dare a fat guy be so picky. But if fat women are picky, that's ok.
I think ANYONE can turn down ANYONE. Nobody should be forced to date or have a relationship with someone. Now, if you turn down everyone all the time and you are miserable and alone - well, maybe you had better rethink things. But anyone has the right to turn down anyone and everything if they don't feel a connection.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:47 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,524,675 times
I don't get why this is such a mystery. As people get older, many times they develop better looks, and get a better understanding of what they want in life. In high school and even early part of college, we are still growing, and our looks just don't develop yet. Then we get a job, get a little money in our pocket, join a gym, get some contacts, get our hair done or cut into a style that looks good on us, get some confidence, and waa la, the ugly duckling turns into a beautiful swan. So yeah of course if they look better NOW, then they did 20 years ago, people are going to be interested in them. If they were ugly in school, around a bunch of superficial horny teenagers, why would the so called hot good looking popular kids want to date them? It's all a part of growing up. And as someone else mentioned, this happens to women just as much as men, plenty of so called chunky girls who were picked on and sitting at home alone for the homecoming dance, now have the former football QB who thought he was going to go pro, but instead is making $10 an hour stocking shelves slobbering all over them. And yes I have seen on many occasions that dork who get dissed by the cheerleaders, and who is now in great shape with a great job, have those same women trying to talk to him now (myself included).

And as far as guys saying they are getting rejected by fat and obese women, let me ask you this...do you think you are being rejected because many of these women don't really believe you want a relationship with them? They may get the impression they you are only talking to them because you just want easy sex, and don't really want to be with them, so they reject you, not because they are stuck up.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:49 PM

2,194 posts, read 3,856,708 times
Quote:
Moral of the story: If you "late bloom" during medical school, look to one of your attractive classmates in medical school, forget the 18 year-old bimbo who may still be 'hot,' and double your income in the process.
Hi robertpolyglot--

I'm in law school, and I refuse (after a couple dating disasters) to ever date a lawyer. Never, ever again.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:51 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,220,904 times
Quote:
That's exactly what people are doing and it's benefiting the affluent 10-fold.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:54 PM

283 posts, read 508,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
You were the cute 20 something that turned every guy down because you thought you were so cute. You slept around and got drunk every weekend. You were one of the "cool girls" in high school and college. You never gave the "nerdy guy" a chance.

WAIT A MINUTE.............FAST FOWARD

Nerdy guy is now 37 and he's no longer nedy looking, he's transformed his body to a lean muscle machine and he's spent the last 15 years working on his career and building his business. He now earns a high 6 figure income and is well traveled.

Oh, wait a minute............NOW YOU WANT HIM.

Yes, the above story is real and it happens.

I say, to heck with her. She's no longer the cute 20 something girl, she's now 35 and used up and has had a series a bad relationships and a divorce.

Yup, this happens to guys all of the time.

Wow!

You mean to say that women usually are attracted to or want to marry a guy that other women want? Or who can improve their station in life?

What a news flash!!

Not.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:56 PM

40,968 posts, read 49,289,310 times
Quote:
Fat guys have to take any attention then can get from a woman, or be alone forever.
Or lose 30 lbs and get a life. That really works well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships