Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2012, 01:58 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That's exactly what people are doing and it's benefiting the affluent 10-fold.
I'm not following. Is your tone good or bad? Either way, it's practical, and if there are people who are on the same wavelength after having gone through such a grind, it would be them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleya1 View Post
Hi robertpolyglot--

I'm in law school, and I refuse (after a couple dating disasters) to ever date a lawyer. Never, ever again.
Woo-hoo. With law school, it's different. The guys I knew who went to law school said the same thing.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:01 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Or lose 30 lbs and get a life. That really works well.
Fat women could lose weight too, but they don't HAVE to. They will still have plenty of options. Very few women are easy, desperate, sure-things. Yet plenty of men are. Clear proof that men are at a disadvantage.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I think the doctor in your scenario is better off marrying the bimbo. How do two people as busy as doctors run a household? How do they raise children? What, hired help? Such a diservice to kids. He should marry the bimbo, and she should marrying a guy who is a junior high school teacher or stay at home dad.
I've seen dual-doctor situations work it out. True, it isn't the most intimate of households for their kids, but they seem to do ok.

I guess it's ok to marry the bimbo if she's a nice person. If she's of the "decoration on a man's arm" variety, then he probably shouldn't.

Here's another thing. Women in medical school don't date "down," even into other professions. The pre-health professions group is one that starts segregating itself from others during the university experience.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:05 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
You were the cute 20 something that turned every guy down because you thought you were so cute. You slept around and got drunk every weekend. You were one of the "cool girls" in high school and college. You never gave the "nerdy guy" a chance.

WAIT A MINUTE.............FAST FOWARD

Nerdy guy is now 37 and he's no longer nedy looking, he's transformed his body to a lean muscle machine and he's spent the last 15 years working on his career and building his business. He now earns a high 6 figure income and is well traveled.

Oh, wait a minute............NOW YOU WANT HIM.

Yes, the above story is real and it happens.

I say, to heck with her. She's no longer the cute 20 something girl, she's now 35 and used up and has had a series a bad relationships and a divorce.

Yup, this happens to guys all of the time.
So if this happens to you all the time are you bragging or complaining? How many times has it actually happened to you?

Old 12-02-2012, 02:08 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Fat women could lose weight too, but they don't HAVE to. They will still have plenty of options. Very few women are easy, desperate, sure-things. Yet plenty of men are. Clear proof that men are at a disadvantage.
Actually, I know a lot more overweight men with hot women than the other way around. Do you ever get tired of looking for things to get upset about?

Life isn't fair.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:21 PM

2,194 posts, read 3,849,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Hi Ipfan921--

^^ This.

There are far more men than women who are willing to settle for anything. That doesn't mean there aren't plenty of women who waste their time on unemployed alcoholics, outlaw bikers, and prisoners - but even the most butt-ugly women I know of could have several partners at the snap of a finger if they wanted to. The bottom-of-the-barrel guys, on the other hand, would only have a chance if they took a drive into the hood with a couple hundred bucks in their pockets.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:24 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Most people enjoy... The underdog who becomes top dog.
Even more so than one who is always Top Dog from beginning to end.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleya1 View Post
Hi Ipfan921--

^^ This.

There are far more men than women who are willing to settle for anything. That doesn't mean there aren't plenty of women who waste their time on unemployed alcoholics, outlaw bikers, and prisoners - but even the most butt-ugly women I know of could have several partners at the snap of a finger if they wanted to. The bottom-of-the-barrel guys, on the other hand, would only have a chance if they took a drive into the hood with a couple hundred bucks in their pockets.
Thank you!

Old 12-02-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Life isn't fair.
That's for sure. And you have made it very clear that you have no sympathy or compassion for the unfairness I have experienced. Hopefully someone else will. For someone who claims to be a nice person, you sure do have a lack of sympathy for men who struggle in the dating world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships