Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2012, 02:28 PM

242 posts, read 355,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You'll find by age 45 that begins to reverses itself. By age 50 any decent straight guy, no drugs, good job can have a line of women at his door.

Unless he's a loser.

I agree with this, especially if he's a fairly goos ahape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 02:36 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Actually, I know a lot more overweight men with hot women than the other way around.
I do too!

I would say of all the couples I know, about 90% of the men have a belly. The women of those couples are definitely in better shape.

Maybe it's demographics

Old 12-02-2012, 02:37 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
Man I noticed that, too. Women were lining up at my dad's door before my mom passed away to date him. Some were even fighting over him. He is not in great shape, but he has a decent job, knows a bunch of people in town, and women never stopped calling him.

My dad was laughing and told me that if you have a decent job when you get into your 40s there will be a bunch of women who will try to swoop you up. You can look forward to that, at least.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:40 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,819 times
Quote:
You were the cute 20 something that turned every guy down because you thought you were so cute. You slept around and got drunk every weekend. You were one of the "cool girls" in high school and college. You never gave the "nerdy guy" a chance.

WAIT A MINUTE.............FAST FOWARD

Nerdy guy is now 37 and he's no longer nedy looking, he's transformed his body to a lean muscle machine and he's spent the last 15 years working on his career and building his business. He now earns a high 6 figure income and is well traveled.

Oh, wait a minute............NOW YOU WANT HIM.

Yes, the above story is real and it happens.

I say, to heck with her. She's no longer the cute 20 something girl, she's now 35 and used up and has had a series a bad relationships and a divorce.

Yup, this happens to guys all of the time.
Frankly, I've never heard a genuinely once-nerdy, now-successful man say anything like this. I've only heard it from once-nerdy, still-nerdy guys with an overblown sense of entitlement and an inability to forget past insults and move on with their lives.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:41 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
That's for sure. And you have made it very clear that you have no sympathy or compassion for the unfairness I have experienced. Hopefully someone else will. For someone who claims to be a nice person, you sure do have a lack of sympathy for men who struggle in the dating world.
Oh, poor you! Women won't "give" you sex!

I have sympathy for people who struggle in the dating world. I have no sympathy for men who are upset because women won't "give" them sex. I've spelled this out to you so many times but you can continue to ignore it and call me a mean person if it makes you feel better. Everyone who knows me in real life thinks I'm a wonderful person. Most people in my life are also wonderful people. If you don't think I'm nice - maybe the problem isn't me.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:44 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Many men forget to take care of themselves.

A 50's YO man, not obese, intelligent who is semi successful can have almost any 47+ YO woman he wants. I was divorced last year after a long marriage and have pleasantly enjoyed the huge demand by the ladies for a decent man.

The roles have reversed from being a 20 something male. Believe it or not, most 45+ YO women not only love sex but it can be a challenge taking care of their needs.

It's a nice problem to enjoy and I aim to please.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:44 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I'm not following. Is your tone good or bad? Either way, it's practical, and if there are people who are on the same wavelength after having gone through such a grind, it would be them.
I don't know if my tone is good or bad, but it is what's happening and I think it's a natural thing. Likes with likes and all. It would be smart of those who aren't doing as well in life, but that's not how it's going at this point. There's an article speaking to this topic. I'll try to find it.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:03 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You'll find by age 45 that begins to reverses itself. By age 50 any decent straight guy, no drugs, good job can have a line of women at his door.

Unless he's a loser.
Then there are those who have lost interest, not in taking care of themselves, but in the mating process. They are not losers. They are just tired of the stupid game and have come to realize that they don't have to buy into the conditioning that that defines someone. And the fact that some of the women one knows who were once attractive are no longer so doesn't help matters. And some of us don't feel like explaining our era of music and fads to someone who is much younger and 'hot.' So, yes, "the odds are good, but the goods are odd."

Old 12-02-2012, 03:26 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I've seen dual-doctor situations work it out. True, it isn't the most intimate of households for their kids, but they seem to do ok.

I guess it's ok to marry the bimbo if she's a nice person. If she's of the "decoration on a man's arm" variety, then he probably shouldn't.

Here's another thing. Women in medical school don't date "down," even into other professions. The pre-health professions group is one that starts segregating itself from others during the university experience.
Women don't date down in any profession, including service professionals. All women hate to date down, unless they have some sort of self esteem issue. That is why there are so many never-married women in their 40s today - if you wait until your career is well established to find a man, there aren't many still available who you want to date. There are personal risks dedicating your 20s to early 30s to your career, when you are a woman. Most women achieve at their personal life, or at their career life.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:50 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
LADIES -

DON'T LIE - How about an honest answer?

You know a guy at 17 and he is unimpressive, and maybe socially stunded. Twenty years later, he looks good, he is educated, he has a good job, and he is conversant (B- to B) but not "way cool," would you (a) seriously consider him, and (b) would you be hemmed in by the prejudices of you and your peer group?

LET'S HEAR IT. NO SUGARCOATING.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships