Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2012, 09:58 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
You were the cute 20 something that turned every guy down because you thought you were so cute. You slept around and got drunk every weekend. You were one of the "cool girls" in high school and college. You never gave the "nerdy guy" a chance.

WAIT A MINUTE.............FAST FOWARD

Nerdy guy is now 37 and he's no longer nedy looking, he's transformed his body to a lean muscle machine and he's spent the last 15 years working on his career and building his business. He now earns a high 6 figure income and is well traveled.

Oh, wait a minute............NOW YOU WANT HIM.

Yes, the above story is real and it happens.

I say, to heck with her. She's no longer the cute 20 something girl, she's now 35 and used up and has had a series a bad relationships and a divorce.

Yup, this happens to guys all of the time.
Okay. So hang on. The logic (Or lack thereof) is just breathtaking.

The priorities of a 20-something are far different than the priorities of a 35-year-old. Seriously? Are you honest-to-God the same person you are today than you were fifteen years ago? Obviously not, since the person you describe were a pencil-necked geek.

Are you saying that 15 years ago the only thing you looked at in a woman was her inner beauty? Obviously this isn't true either because you found her attractive despite her manifest shallowness. So aren't you just as guilty of being shallow then as she was? And if you're this bitter now, you were likely not that much fun to hang out with in your early 20s, either.

Seriously, man. Get some therapy. Learn to let go. All that bitterness and resentment is going to burn you up inside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 10:00 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
You were the cute 20 something that turned every guy down because you thought you were so cute. You slept around and got drunk every weekend. You were one of the "cool girls" in high school and college. You never gave the "nerdy guy" a chance.

WAIT A MINUTE.............FAST FOWARD

Nerdy guy is now 37 and he's no longer nedy looking, he's transformed his body to a lean muscle machine and he's spent the last 15 years working on his career and building his business. He now earns a high 6 figure income and is well traveled.

Oh, wait a minute............NOW YOU WANT HIM.

Yes, the above story is real and it happens.

I say, to heck with her. She's no longer the cute 20 something girl, she's now 35 and used up and has had a series a bad relationships and a divorce.

Yup, this happens to guys all of the time.
Dear nerdy guys,

Please stop going after the drunk chicks who sleep around. I know they are "cool" and "so cute," but it seems to bring you nothing but pain and remorse.

Regards,

Julia

Old 12-03-2012, 10:00 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,182,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't disagree with you.
No one should complain about anything.
But that's all we hear from many males on this site.
On this site, i agree that probably more men than women complain, although i have seen PLENTY of female posts regarding men's superficiality.

In real life, how often do you hear overweight or obese women complain that men are too picky about weight? All the time, i bet. Yet the overweight and obese women are rejecting the men who are expressing interest in them, because they find the men too clingy or otherwise unacceptable. So in reality they are picky as well. It's hypocritical.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:08 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
On this site, i agree that probably more men than women complain, although i have seen PLENTY of female posts regarding men's superficiality.

In real life, how often do you hear overweight or obese women complain that men are too picky about weight? All the time, i bet. Yet the overweight and obese women are rejecting the men who are expressing interest in them, because they find the men too clingy or otherwise unacceptable. So in reality they are picky as well. It's hypocritical.
Wrong.
I can't remember the last time an overweight woman complained that men were too superficial and expressed bitterness about how lame it is they won't go for someone overweight.

Why? BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT ALREADY. They don't have to verbalize it. They are often ashamed of their weight and don't expect romantic attention...interestingly, I do know several overweight women who have verrry active dating lives.

What I hear women complain about the most in real life is that their men/husbands act like children more often than not. Don't help with household chores, don't take initiate in day-to-day running of life, etc.

I have never in my memory heard a woman complain that men SHOULD like her even though she's fat. Not once.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:14 AM

197 posts, read 208,321 times
Quote:

My god man, if I were a girl I would never want to date you, even if I was 400 pounds. You have been posting the same thing over and over on this thread, to the point where it just leaves an annoying vibe, despite the advice of other posters. Are you really so hung over weight that you are overlooking the fact that maybe its your personality that both men and women find unattractive?

It's hard to help someone so filled with unnecessary bitterness. Chill, meditate, do something to purge these negative thoughts that are doing nothing but holding you back. The fact that you are "fit" yet are going for "overweight" women, without regards to their personality or compatibility, just reflects your lack of standards for yourself and those you wish to be with.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:15 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,182,603 times
Quote:
Wrong.
I can't remember the last time an overweight woman complained that men were too superficial and expressed bitterness about how lame it is they won't go for someone overweight.

Why? BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT ALREADY. They don't have to verbalize it. They are often ashamed of their weight and don't expect romantic attention...interestingly, I do know several overweight women who have verrry active dating lives.

What I hear women complain about the most in real life is that their men/husbands act like children more often than not. Don't help with household chores, don't take initiate in day-to-day running of life, etc.

I have never in my memory heard a woman complain that men SHOULD like her even though she's fat. Not once.

I hear it all the time, that men should go for overweight and obese women. I've been hearing it my whole life. Men are supposedly superficial and horrible because they care about weight too much. I'm sure i could find you plenty posts right here on CD that imply as much.

On another note, i think that men SHOULD frankly be more helpful with household chores.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:18 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:

I only know one obese woman off line. She's a best friend so we speak often. Never in the 20+ years that I've known her has she ever uttered those words.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:20 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,915 times
Quote:
I hear it all the time, that men should go for overweight and obese women. I've been hearing it my whole life. Men are supposedly superficial and horrible because they care about weight too much. I'm sure i could find you plenty posts right here on CD that imply as much.

On another note, i think that men SHOULD frankly be more helpful with household chores.
Seems more like you find posts that imply as much as often times you project onto others threads/posts claiming that's what the underlying assumption is.

Such as when a guy posted perhaps when guys say 'there aren't any available gals' they really mean 'there aren't any available gals I want' and you project the underlying assumption is guys are much more shallow/superficial/picky than gals.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:21 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Wrong.

That's exactly what I heard from my obese friend actually. Her husband was in construction and would get laid off often. Instead of finding another job he would be content to accept peanuts for unemployment for as long as he could rather than find a better paying job.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:50 AM

75 posts, read 149,842 times
There are many overweight women who complain constantly about how they are not ignored because of their weight. They use the terms "real women" and "women with curves" frequently. I actually find it insulting as a thin woman, because the insinuation that they are "real" and somehow thin women are not is absurd. And these type of women often complain that the media never shows "real women with curves". Well, there is a good reason for that. The fashion and beauty media is selling a fantasy. While, there has been a growth of plus size models the fact remains, beauty in the media is defined by thinness whether one likes it or not and many people are turned off by images of bigger women. I have met women like this all over the Internet and IRL I have worked with countless overweight women who make these statements, while eating a salad at lunch, but snacking on donuts and candy bars all day. It is a reality that there are women like this. But, there are also overweight women who receive unconditional love, because they are self-confident or their man likes them that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships